No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    By the looks of it in those photos, it's as if Cary Fukunaga is the one playing Bond.
    If we didn't have Purvis and Wade, I'd feel more confident he'd deliver us a solid film.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I really can‘t read anything bad into all this. Craig looked fantastic, Cary sound promising and focussed and the whole cast is just awesome to me, especially the return of Felix Leiter is something that is really overdue and great to have him back in Craig‘s final Bond movie. Plus as far as we know the author of all MY pain is not in the movie - I would prefer him not to appear and just mentioned as a maximum. Locations sound fantastic to me, too. I am totally excited. At this moment I have the feeling B25 will make up for many things that (in my opinion) did not work in SPECTRE. Seydoux was never a reason for that, imho - her character was not well written and I have high hopes we see a better, more meaningful outing this time.

Call me a Craig-era fanboy - but I am 100% happy with what I heard today. The stream was a little short, but the trailers and other bits we saw were good. Maybe we‘ll get some behind the scenes interviews during production.

Can‘t wait to go and see this movie next year!!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Craig’s suit fit looks a lot better in these photos than it was in Skyfall and Spectre.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    By the looks of it in those photos, it's as if Cary Fukunaga is the one playing Bond.

That’s so true! :))
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig seems so out of it. He meant it when he said after spectre he would only do this film for the money.

When did he say that?

I think he is his usual self, restrained and relaxed. He will give a great performance (as before) and concentrate on the job, rather than on silly questions. Loved his DB5 answer.
    Craig’s suit fit looks a lot better in these photos than it was in Skyfall and Spectre.

It really does look better. But he should take some hints from Fukunaga. He looked impeccable, specially in those loafers and with that particularly fresh handkerchief. That being said, how on earth did Craig get from what he looked doing Knives Out to this? He looks like a million bucks, doesn't he?
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Tennis shoes with a suit? Oh Daniel for Christ's sake!!!
    I have to say I'm warming up to Malik. Still not convinced (the other two lesser known actors as possible villains look more menacing), but he sounded quite creepy in this video.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Interesting that both Malek and Bensallah share North African origins. Perhaps there’s some truth in Matera doubling some North African town.

Lynch was fine and quite badass in Captain Marvel. It’s pretty obvious she will play the MI6 agent (007 temporarily replacement perhaps?).
    It's interesting that when we heard that LS has been cast, most of us assumed that it meant a connected plot line from SP. But, at the moment, it's reading more like a self contained story. They really are keeping us guessing this time.
    Not getting the title is a bummer, yes, but I love the synopsis and cast information so I’m not too angry. It wasn’t a great presentation and could have been more, but we have to just take what we get as it comes at this point. The story sounds much superior to SP’s on paper. Bond starting off out of service should come as no surprise given how SP ended. Personally the details we’ve gotten really excite me. I just can’t wait to learn more.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 137
    Please, can everyone get off Craig's back? His BBC interview was excellent, he was articulate and very much ready to get cracking. I think people tend to misinterpret his attitude, he takes things seriously but everyone who has worked with him says he's funny and a pleasure to be around. The highlights of BBC interview are below:https://bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48054674
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    patb wrote: »
    It's interesting that when we heard that LS has been cast, most of us assumed that it meant a connected plot line from SP. But, at the moment, it's reading more like a self contained story. They really are keeping us guessing this time.

It'll be a sequel only regarding that since Bond retired when he threw his gun away and drove off with Swann. I don't want to see any continuation of past Craig stories sans a few mentions. Just don't base this plot around Spectre
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,333
    I'm just hoping that this 007 protégé angle has been dropped, or maybe it was never in to begin with. Besides, I honestly can't see why Bond would need a protégé if the new 007 has earned their 00 status on merit. It would also bog down the story and be a distraction. Even if M has reassigned the code number to someone else after Bond's early retirement, we still don't need to see whoever it is, unless M is also sending all the other 00's on the same assignment. Also, why would you need another female agent when they already have Moneypenny out in the field?

The synopsis reads: Felix Leiter pulls Bond out of retirement and they go on a deadly mission together. Clearly Billy Magnussen is going to play some sort of unscrupulous CIA operative who is working alongside Leiter who probably ends up betraying him. My guess is that Ana De Armas will most likely be a henchwoman and not a Bond Girl, unless Léa Seydoux takes a backseat throughout the entire movie and subsequently frees up the vacant spot. So where does Lashana Lynch fit into this? She could easily be a contact operative in Jamaica. Maybe she plays Leiter's wife? Also, the rumour that Eon were gunning for Lupita Nyong'o for a part, makes me think Lynch's role is as an American and not a Brit, even though Lynch is British she can play Americans also. And where does Dali Benssalah fit in? Seriously, I have no idea. I'm just chewing over the cast and wondering what roles they might play. The only role type we know for sure is Rami Malek's as he's gone on US TV stating it.
    Please, can everyone get off Craig's back. His BBC interview was excellent - the highlights of which are below: <iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://bbc.co.uk/news/av/embed/p077g5hs/48054674"></iframe>
    Hear hear, that’s a wonderful interview.

Alright, alright, alright! First reactions:

THE GREAT:
    - NO Shatterhand & NO Waltz! Yes! Yes! Yes! I was right + I don't have to go into exile. Complete disaster has been averted and Bond 25 won't be Spectre Part 2.
    - No David Arnold! The fact that they don't have a composer yet pretty much guarantees Arnold won't return. Thank god!

THE GOOD:
    - Rami Malek! Rami Malek! Rami Malek! I have no doubt he will be an excellent villain. Also, he seemed the most excited about the movie, by far!
    - Few locations! It seems they won't return to Norway later + lots of rumoured locations such as Greece, Spain, Tunesia, Dubrovnik (I wonder what their mayor thinks now! :)) ) are out. 99% of the movie will be shot in just 3 countries (including the UK)! Very refreshing after way too many locations in Spectre.
    - Lots of crew members who were hired by Danny Boyle are still on board! Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb were definitely hired by Boyle and editor Elliot Graham was probably hired by him too. (Btw, why the need for two editors?) So Danny Boyle will forever be a part of Bond 25's story.
    - It seems our director will get a writing credit! A first!
    - I'm sensing this will be a smaller scale and quirkier movie than Skyfall and Spectre were.

THE BAD:
    - No title. What?? What's bad about this is not that we don't know the title yet. What's bad is that they don't know the title yet depsite the fact that they had a ridiculous amount of time to come up with one. I would have been fine with "we know the title but we are not ready to announce it yet". There is only one key player working on Bond 25 who has not had at least months yet to come up with a title: Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She only started working on the film very recently, so I think if someone will come up with a great title in the coming weeks/months, it will be her.
    - No writing credit for John Hodge.
    - Way too many good guys. M, Moneypenny, Q, Tanner, Leiter. Too much!

THE UGLY:
    - Craig's shoes. What on Earth was he thinking? More importantly: why did nobody stop him? The always dapper Fukunaga must have been shaking his head when he first saw him wearing those shoes with the suit!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    M_Balje wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I think Ana de Armas is a very real possibility to be cast as the main Bond girl for 25. She is at the right point in her career (up-and-comer) and is currently filming Boyle's musical.

ana-de-armas-attends-the-2018-vanity-fair-oscar-party-hosted-by-at-picture-id927416704?s=612x612

She has this for Bond..

9380ECAE7CE569B79CFDCA03C45B64675D1AA33Fgift from Sam..

Intresting:

Jeffrey Wright/Felix is back
    David Dencik. Finaly another ''friendly villian' of Bond ?
    Lashanna Lynch. Disapointed the time she get.
    Dali Benssalah till the moment it be confirmd Malek is in.

Michael G Wilson whas part of it, for rest same as always.

Overall:

Wish there show more of Goldeneye, but beach looks nice and i am happy whas not so cheap and over exited as with Spectre. No title, but i don't make any problem about that. Also on this moment i don't make a problem to much about the directer, next time we will see him i hope he wil a bit more exited.

Naomi Harris mabey she should have not been there at all, but for some suport of the new girls and inspecialy Ana de Armas it whas not that bad.
    You can see Lashanna Lynch whas a bit disapointed with time she get.

Daniel Craig. Disapointed. Partly blamed that presenter gives him the microphone to late and then his anser about DB5- boring.
    Barbara Broccoli. Standard talk.

Big disapointed:

Bond is out of mi6 because of Madeline/Lea Seydoux.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Lovely pic, this one
    w2331_h3000_x1165_y1500_DPA_bfunk_dpa_5F9D3200C5833864-e88212a725a6a39d.jpg

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I think the kidnapped scientist lives in that house that they filmed in Norway. The girl running away is probably the daughter of the scientist.

Oooh that makes sense. I was tyring to understand how that fit into the story.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Where are these pictures coming from? Have they been officially released?
    It may only be natural given Craig is 51 now, but looking at the cast, I find it interesting that Rami Malek, Dali Benssalah, Billy Magnussen, Ana De Armas and Lashana Lynch are all considerably younger than Craig.
    NO Waltz! Yes! Yes! Yes! I was right + I don't have to go into exile.

PP, I wouldn't put my money on that. Serious sources are saying Waltz will be back. I've heard it from two sources presently at Jamaica. Not that anyone wants you to go into exile ;) , so you should retract on that while you can. Just saying.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    On the Bond Experience they said they have the whole plot from a press release is this true?!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Where are these pictures coming from? Have they been officially released?

There have been several hours of press junkets with the global press, following on from the live stream. Looks like each outlet was permitted to take photos with the actors as there are lots appearing on the various news aggregator services.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @NeverSayNeverAgain Do you have a link to the Craig BBC interview? The other one didn't seem to work.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @NeverSayNeverAgain Do you have a link to the Craig BBC interview? The other one didn't seem to work.

I've updated my post - linking to the page, not the video file. It's a condensed snippet from what has been broadcast.
    Craig's comment on the DB5 was odd, given that he's previously said that the 2000GT from YOLT was his favorite Bond car. https://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-2000gt-is-bonds-favourite-bond-car