No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

That was MONTHS before Boyle was hired. Things have changed. Gassner is out.
    Have to ask: Who is Sarah Paulson? Totally unfamiliar face to me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ana de Armas was born to be a Bond girl, but I think she's a tad too young for Craig.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    She will probably be a bond girl for the next actor to take on the role
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I think I have seen her naked in a Keany flick called Knock Knock.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I think I have seen her naked in a Keany flick called Knock Knock.

I'll have to watch this for, err, research purposes very, very soon then.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

You're right. But are we 100% sure he's out? I'll be more than happy. :D
    @Creasy47 Who needs an incentive to watch a film with Keanu? Seriously! ;)

Anyway, I can see her as a Bond girl, despite the age difference.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Gassner is incredibly talented but his sets are only as good as what the script calls for.
  • That was MONTHS before Boyle was hired. Things have changed. Gassner is out.

No, we are not. It's plausible Boyle would want a new production designer. But we don't *know* that. And Reddit guy's accuracy record is, at best, so-so.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    American Horror Story - main cast. She is probably the highlight of the last season.

IMO she is a much more talented actress than Jolie, and would be a better 'fit' in Bond's world.

However, didn't Paulson already appear in LTK?:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOkASdknwujqL6aW5_2Yfazo5ESpcQJQznWs3Jh5VArLbPOtz7

;)

Cate Blanchett is a no-brainer though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's all in the cards at this point. ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If they’re seriously considering a female villain, then I want Cate Blanchett or Charlize Theron.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    If they’re seriously considering a female villain, then I want Cate Blanchett or Charlize Theron.

It's a 'hell yes' to Charlize from me.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,441
    Sarah Paulson is one of the less unknown woman from Ocean's 8.
    She has a bit Nicole Kidman look.

Ocean-s-8-Character-Poster-Sarah-Paulson-as-Tammy-oceans-8-41333576-1382-2048.jpg
    2 Bond reference in this poster..
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Nice spot!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,622
    Sarah Paulson. No thanks.
    This one Yes!!!
    Craig can offer her an ice cream, if he's feeling too old doggish.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I think Ana de Armas is a very real possibility to be cast as the main Bond girl for 25. She is at the right point in her career (up-and-comer) and is currently filming Boyle's musical.

ana-de-armas-attends-the-2018-vanity-fair-oscar-party-hosted-by-at-picture-id927416704?s=612x612

QBranch wrote: »
    American Horror Story - main cast. She is probably the highlight of the last season.

IMO she is a much more talented actress than Jolie, and would be a better 'fit' in Bond's world.

However, didn't Paulson already appear in LTK?:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOkASdknwujqL6aW5_2Yfazo5ESpcQJQznWs3Jh5VArLbPOtz7

;)

Cate Blanchett is a no-brainer though.
    QBranch wrote: »
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Nice spot!

Had to Google American Horror Story too, haha! Maybe it's not on TV over here, or something. Also totally unaware that there was another Ocean's film coming out!

Cate Blanchett should be in a Bond film at some point. Shame it hasn't happened already!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,441
    timmer wrote: »
    Sarah Paulson. No thanks.
    This one Yes!!!
    Craig can offer her an ice cream, if he's feeling too old doggish.
    TripAces wrote: »
    I think Ana de Armas is a very real possibility to be cast as the main Bond girl for 25. She is at the right point in her career (up-and-comer) and is currently filming Boyle's musical.

ana-de-armas-attends-the-2018-vanity-fair-oscar-party-hosted-by-at-picture-id927416704?s=612x612

She has this for Bond..

9380ECAE7CE569B79CFDCA03C45B64675D1AA33Fgift from Sam..
    155 days until filming begins.
    I think someone here mentioned that this wait between films actually seems to be going pretty quick. It did get a bit chaotic on this thread a while back- you could really tell many were growing impatient and frustrated by the void that is a complete lack of Bond news. Oh well, we can expect some real juicy details soon enough.

Still, waiting for B25 to come won't be as hard as avoiding it altogether once the spoilers arrive. I don't know if I have that kind of discipline!
    Anyone know how much longer till boyle finishes his beatles film?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's supposed to wrap sometime later this month, if I recall.

According to jamesbondmagasnet David Arnold and Daniel Pemberton are the two leading candidates to score bond 25 no decision has been made yet but Danny Boyle will make that decision shortly when he goes into pre production later this summer
    Pemberton! Pemberton! Pemberton! I don't know much about the guy, but I will take ANYONE over David Arnold.
    It's been a while. I'm confident Arnold has at least one more great score in him. I'm rather fond of his work for CR and QOS.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd love another TND like score out of Arnold. Bond theme galore!

According to jamesbondmagasnet David Arnold and Daniel Pemberton are the two leading candidates to score bond 25 no decision has been made yet but Danny Boyle will make that decision shortly when he goes into pre production later this summer
    It'd certainly be cool to see a collaboration between the two.
    Arnold collaborating with another musician is even better. Both can keep each other in check.

I'll be honest, with Barry gone, I'm all for the best parts of an Arnold score and the best parts of Newman's SPECTRE score combined.

Yes, I truly like a lot of what Newman did for SPECTRE. Wasn't a fan of his rehashing of tracks and cues from the SF score, but there's new stuff in that score that works very well, both as a standalone listening experience and as used in the film. Arnold's thematic sensibilities with Newman's ethereal sounds would result in a smashing score, if you ask me.