No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I do and never did mind the „ford commercial“. Neither Bond drinking Heineken while „enjoying death“ ...
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    At least I don’t have to wake up at 4’clock in the morning for the press conference since it’s in Jamaica. :D
    At least I don’t have to wake up at 4’clock in the morning for the press conference since it’s in Jamaica. :D

I did this for the SP conference. That was quite the sleepless night.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Looks like I’m gonna have to take a quick “toilet break” at work to watch the conference :/
    I must have missed something.
    What time is the conference?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    We don’t know for sure but if it’s in the morning in Jamaica it’ll be the afternoon in the UK.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    We don’t know for sure but if it’s in the morning in Jamaica it’ll be the afternoon in the UK.

Looks like it's in my time zone. YAY!
    I will have no idea if it happens in the week after Tuesday morning as their will be no phone signal?!!!! Lol! Not until I return on the weekend!!! Lol!
  • Yeah more on the Ford Mondeo, it was never marketed in the US.

So Bond on his own arrives and somehow rents a prototype vehicle not available to the general public. And in short order improves his lot by upgrading to a classic Aston Martin DB5. Pretty cool.

Not only all of that, but the Mondeo prototype was not "street legal" anywhere. Thus, it was illegal to drive.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
  • peterpeter Toronto
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Thanks to @peter we have known for a while that the PC will be held in Jamaica, but is this the first time that Jamaica as the location of the PC has been mentioned by the press?

I believe so, yes. At least in these firm of terms.

As always, @peter -- well done! I'm personally hoping it's this week as well, as I may be travelling for business the following week and wouldn't want that to interrupt my watching of it. ;)

Thanks @AgentM72 and @PanchitoPistoles. Very exciting times . And Pistoles, you're really getting along with people!

Good times are ahead. It's all happening. Bond is returning.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 2,115
    TripAces wrote: »

The plug is appreciated, but the name is Bill Koenig. David, however, did get the last name right, which is usually what trips people up. :-)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

It appears that the new update removed spoiler tags. I guess the rule will have to be if you don’t want it spoiled don’t go in this thread anymore.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 14,875
    It appears that the new update removed spoiler tags. I guess the rule will have to be if you don’t want it spoiled don’t go in this thread anymore.

There still spoiler tags.
    As you can see in the format drop down.
    ;)
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,000

Do we have to manually type the spoiler code. I’m on mobile and don’t see a button for it. Also I apparently don’t understand quoting anymore.

Edit: I'm slowly figuring it out.

According to Sassi Live (I know) the name that is circulating during the location scouting was Charlize Theron. More details below:

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-a-matera-conferenza-stampa-ai-pinewoods-studios-di-londra-per-svelare-il-cast-del-film/

Charlize-Theron-Critics-Choice-Awards-2019-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Gvenchy-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-9.jpg
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Oh i hope there is any truth to that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Mmm I don’t think it’ll happen, not only has Theron’s name been “considered” for years now, her joint hosting duties with Craig probably pushed the fan buzz around her for a while. All speculation me thinks.

Plus the article also says that Emma Stone and Priyanka Chopra are in the running? They also called Rachel Weisz, Raquel Welch :lol:
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    According to Sassi Live (I know) the name that is circulating during the location scouting was Charlize Theron. More details below:

http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-a-matera-conferenza-stampa-ai-pinewoods-studios-di-londra-per-svelare-il-cast-del-film/

Charlize-Theron-Critics-Choice-Awards-2019-Red-Carpet-Fashion-Gvenchy-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-9.jpg

PLEASE BE TRUE.
    Mmm I don’t think it’ll happen, not only has Theron’s name been “considered” for years now, her joint hosting duties with Craig probably pushed the fan buzz around her for a while. All speculation me thinks.

Plus the article also says that Emma Stone and Priyanka Chopra are in the running?

She would be a good fit though. She is an Oscar winning a-lister which they will go for anyway, and She's just the type of woman that belongs in a Bond film. A great follow up to Monica as well. I would hope she gets a shot, but i don't believe it yet.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    00Agent wrote: »

Plus the article also says that Emma Stone and Priyanka Chopra are in the running?

She would be a good fit though. She is an Oscar winning a-lister which they will go for anyway, and She's just the type of woman that belongs in a Bond film. A great follow up to Monica as well. I would hope she gets a shot, but i don't believe it yet.
    Maybe she would (although I don’t see it) but the article shouldn’t be believed in anyway.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    They are right about a beautiful Italian actress...
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,185
    ggl007 wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid&
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    ggl007 wrote: »

Thank you, I have no objections

As far as A list leading ladies go, I really wouldn't mind Charlize in a Bond. I still prefer unknowns, though.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As far as A list leading ladies go, I really wouldn't mind Charlize in a Bond. I still prefer unknowns, though.
    She'd be an outstanding villainess.
    She'd be an outstanding villainess.

Indeed. That would be pretty cool.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,056
    Theron would seem more believeable than some of the other actresses mentioned in this thread. Shes open to being in these big blockbuster films (see Fast and Furious) and Bond-esque film (Atomic Blonde). She has no in production films at the minute.
    Wasn't there a draft of SP that had Blofeld written as an African warlord or something? Charlize Theron is South African…

Haha, no. That's unlikely, but you can always toy with the idea that something survived from the early drafts of SP. Wouldn't mind seeing Theron as some sort of South African criminal or something. :smiley:
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don't think she has time for James Bond.