No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I don't wanna see Bond have the 004 number!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I don't wanna see Bond have the 004 number!

No, not Bond, his hypothetical successor.
  • RC7RC7
    Watching these discussions play out reinforces how gimmicky this concept is. Bond and the 007 designation are inextricably linked - to an audience of whom 99.9% don’t sit considering the minutiae of the Bond world they are essentially the same. If executed with deft precision and as a cute little bit of business between Bond and a successor they ‘could’ pull it off, but if it becomes a significant part of the narrative they risk opening the floodgates. James Bond is 007 and 007 is James Bond.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    My thinking of having a female 007 as Bond is in retirement, but returning to service presumably finishing the film as James Bond 007 would have the opposite effect to what would be intended. Even if Bond didn't regain the 007 number it would show Bond to be dominant over a woman. Not the sort of message I'd imagine EON would want, in the era of 'me too'.
    I think it opens a huge can of worms if Bond is not James Bond 007.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The same guy from last week who photographed the Aston Martin in Italy posted this:
    https://www.instagram.com/rivadeiginepri/

tjRbap3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Is he trolling or is the press conference being arranged for Italy?
    Have you missed that the Tumblr from the Batman movies was right next to the Aston in that photo? That pic had NOTHING to do with Bond 25. Also, the presser is happening in Jamaica. STOP helping liars spread fake news!

vuJvIRr.gif
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,444
    Is not possible it be another entery from Skyfall church where Kinkade and M escape too.

article-0-12260D6F000005DC-822_634x707.jpg

article-2114557-1227D36E000005DC-950_634x468.jpg

QBranch wrote: »
    If the new writer for Bond 25 wants to strengthen the female leads for her script, she could view Camille for inspiration.
    Apparently, this is exactly what is happening!

I think the litle girl mabey also can be a younger Camile. She has a past with Dominic Green and he whas not happy when he whas spoiled to that bodyguard that Bond kild.

Death or a Live and Domino or not, atleast it be nice if a past/flashback of Mr White and Madeline stil can tell a biit more about Green death and where there used him for. Even i don't minf it if turn out Camile kild him.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    TripAces wrote: »
    I have to balk at the idea of a female agent being given the "007" designation. I can see her having another designation; but otherwise, when Bond comes out of retirement, he's not 007 for the rest of the film. How would that work?

James Bond - consultant Secret Service agent. :-D

"Shaken, But Not Disturbed".
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited April 2019 Posts: 467
    They can have a PTS featuring 007 being briefed on the radio by a liaison officer. 007 in a car kicks ass, gets rid of the villains as usual. Then, surprise, 007 gets out of the car, and turns out to be a woman, who has been using the code number for years, since Bond retired.
    Sure, it would be a gimmick, but about as much as...
    - killing "Bond" at the beginning of FRWL, then revealing it was just a lookalike
    - having other double O agents at Gibraltar and taking time before showing the face of Timothy Dalton in TLD

Besides, if you remember AVTAK, Roger Moore had some many doubles that he was barely in the PTS, except for the closeups, so you know the audiences wouldn't suspect anything fishy before the reveal.

PS: The current title of the thread is wrong. It's "Phoebe Waller-Bridge," not "Pheobe."
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I have to balk at the idea of a female agent being given the "007" designation. I can see her having another designation; but otherwise, when Bond comes out of retirement, he's not 007 for the rest of the film. How would that work?

James Bond - consultant Secret Service agent. :-D

"Shaken, But Not Disturbed".

Indeed!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited April 2019 Posts: 524
    Just reporting for entertainment values only (because we'd need a truckload of salt for this one), but the Daily Star (yes, we can't go any lower) suggests Craig's daughter Ella has a role in Bond 25.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Is not possible it be another entery from Skyfall church where Kinkade and M escape too.

article-0-12260D6F000005DC-822_634x707.jpg

article-2114557-1227D36E000005DC-950_634x468.jpg

QBranch wrote: »
    If the new writer for Bond 25 wants to strengthen the female leads for her script, she could view Camille for inspiration.
    Apparently, this is exactly what is happening!

I think the litle girl mabey also can be a younger Camile. She has a past with Dominic Green and he whas not happy when he whas spoiled to that bodyguard that Bond kild.

Death or a Live and Domino or not, atleast it be nice if a past/flashback of Mr White and Madeline stil can tell a biit more about Green death and where there used him for. Even i don't minf it if turn out Camile kild him.

You had six pints too many.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I hope the press conference is next Thursday, cause it'll be the same day I get paid :D

A 007 conference and a takeaway would be nice :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope the press conference is next Thursday, cause it'll be the same day I get paid :D

A 007 conference and a takeaway would be nice :)

Wonder if Bond enjoys a ‘ruby’ every now and then. Be fun to see Uber eats deliver to Bonds flat.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Lead up to the presser?!
    This is a no-name guy with a podcast who talks about an actor every Wednesday. What does this have to do with Bond 25??
    @PanchitoPistoles Probably more than the half the chatter on this thread.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @PanchitoPistoles Probably more than the half the chatter on this thread.
    I like those odds.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    If female 007 is a great character it will still be an irksome gimmick to have made her 007. If she's a great MI6 female agent, guess which franchise they'll be immediately saying Bond is copying? Plus, the rumor casting was for her as young, which immediately implies they may go down the road of old Bond again and I don't want that either.

If they do it and I'm pleasantly surprised, great, but it will come as a surprise. I don't want a gimmick, a team effort, an Ilsa Faust copy, or young vs old, and that's a lot for them to dodge... and Craig/EON have a track record of stepping in it.

Female 007? Interesting idea for a spin-off series EON.
    But I'll stick with JAMES BOND(male) films.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    This podcaster probably knows the presser is this coming week and is dedicating his podcast this week to Craig, Wouldn't that be the most likely case @Red_Snow ?
    @Blofeld0064 I presume so. If it is the case, I image there will be more of this type of programming lined up from other shows in the coming weeks.

Also worth noting, the host is from Wirral, where DC grew up.
    Perhaps it was already mentioned but in this previous news from the Repubblica (last §): "Il set si muoverà poi in Puglia dove si sta cercando una stazione ferroviaria di particolare suggestione, forse individuata a Gravina." So maybe CF was moving to Gravina in Puglia after being in Matera for seeking a marvelous rail station.

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/cinema/2019/03/17/news/james_bond_saga-221784252/
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,169
    Are they still location scouting? IIRC, they had all exterior locations pretty much nailed down two months before the SP press conference.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    What about Imogen Poots for the protégé? She's a great actress and worked with Fukunaga on Jane Eyre :)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Denbigh wrote: »
    What about Imogen Poots for the protégé? She's a great actress and worked with Fukunaga on Jane Eyre :)

Not sure how feasible that will be as I believe she is in the long line of ex-girlfriends that Cary has collected.

He's more of a player than James Bond.

Imogen+Poots+Cary+Fukunaga+One+Day+New+York+oF4-rC7CLGcl.jpg

You can also add the following to that list:

Emma Watson
    Michelle Williams
    Britt Marling
    Margaret Qualley

He is a handsome filmmaker making 'issues' films - the ladies are queuing up naturally....I mean he's a babe.

91be4e74cdb6a67626fb23991a2bf8e9.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel Oh I didn't know that, a real shame considering how talented she is :/ You never know, they both might be more professional than we may think but you're right that it's a long shot the producers or Debbie McWilliams would even consider someone who has dated the actress. It'd be like hiring Rupert Sanders for a Bond film starring Kristen Stewart, although that'd be a little more controversial.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    edited April 2019 Posts: 22
    Lea Seydoux and Ben Whishaw will both have films at Cannes this year which is next month.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    peaderp wrote: »
    Lea Seydoux and Ben Whishaw will both have films at Cannes this year which is next month.

So this month is last year? Makes me feel so young, thanks.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    I meant Cannes was next month but you probably guessed that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    peaderp wrote: »
    I meant Cannes was next month but you probably guessed that.

Sure. Just messing with you, hope you can forgive me.