No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Is it possible filming will be done in Italy in the following days?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is it possible filming will be done in Italy in the following days?
    The MI6 article says filming in Italy will commence in August.
    JET007 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Fukunaga's presence in Matera means filming STILL hasn't started at Pinewood.
    Of course it hasn’t.

What's your source on that?

That the director is currently in another country, I guess.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Cary is currently in Matera.

"Cary Fukunaga in Matera climbing one of the most impressive Matera 9th Century rock churches. "

Based on the photo and caption, it looks like Cary was at the Church of Santa Maria de Idris.

matera-2-1024x536.jpg
    Don't know how likely it is they'll be allowed to film there, but the Church of Santa Maria de Idris looks like a place worthy a FRWL/Hagia Sophia-esque scene.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,185

Cary is currently in Matera.
    Based on the photo and caption, it looks like Cary was at the Church of Santa Maria de Idris.
    matera-2-1024x536.jpg
    Definitly a place where i could see Craig's Bond getting married, if that's in fact what they are going for.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    I'm guessing Fukunaga's presence in Matera means filming STILL hasn't started at Pinewood.
    Of course it hasn’t.

And you know this as a fact, do you?

Just a question, dear Colonel. Is it right to say that some sort of filming has begun at Pinewood, but that principal photography has not kicked off officially?

Eon don't waste a penny (Cubby's rule) - and, in fact, they are not the most generous production company re: wages - so they don't hire a crew to sit around picking their feet, they hire a crew to work.
    @DeerAtTheGates Since he still isn’t giving you a straight answer, I will answer your question: main unit filming (that started on the 7th of November 2011 for Skyfall, and on the 8th of December 2014 for Spectre) has NOT yet begun.
    Another day almost at a close, another day closer to 2 weeks off! Hopefully I will be free to watch the live feed on the alleged Press Conference?!!!!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Of course it hasn’t.

Just a question, dear Colonel. Is it right to say that some sort of filming has begun at Pinewood, but that principal photography has not kicked off officially?

Eon don't waste a penny (Cubby's rule) - and, in fact, they are not the most generous production company re: wages - so they don't hire a crew to sit around picking their feet, they hire a crew to work.
    @DeerAtTheGates Since he still isn’t giving you a straight answer, I will answer your question: main unit filming (that started on the 7th of November 2011 for Skyfall, and on the 8th of December 2014 for Spectre) has NOT yet begun.

I fear I'll have to agree with you re: principal photography. When the director is on location, but scouting instead of filming, I don't think they've started principal production yet.

What I'm getting from @ColonelSun 's post is that he stresses that EON and the entire crew is hard at work at Pinewood. I don't doubt that. I still have high hopes they meet that release date. They seem to have worked out a schedule that works.

It's just not the schedule we thought it was going to be. But noting is certain in film making, right?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    She's a bit too famous for my taste. I prefer when Bond girls are relative unknown.

That's the problem with Halle Berry.

They wanted someone famous for the 40th Anniversary film and it backfired.

The problem with every Brosnan Bond movie after GE when it comes to Bond girls @barryt007.

I kind of hope we'll have relative unknowns for both Bond girls and villains.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    They have really been hush hush makes me wonder if they won't just film the whole thing not say a word release a trailer and have the premiere. After Spectre and how things got leaked wouldn't be surprised.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Of course it hasn’t.

I fear I'll have to agree with you re: principal photography. When the director is on location, but scouting instead of filming, I don't think they've started principal production yet.

What I'm getting from @ColonelSun 's post is that he stresses that EON and the entire crew is hard at work at Pinewood. I don't doubt that. I still have high hopes they meet that release date. They seem to have worked out a schedule that works.

It's just not the schedule we thought it was going to be. But noting is certain in film making, right?

They could start principal photography on June 1 and STILL make the release date.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

They could start principal photography on June 1 and STILL make the release date.

They couldn’t start in June unless it had maybe one or two action set pieces at the most. It would have to be a smaller film if that were the case.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Of course it hasn’t.

I believe @ColonelSun us saying they have started and are making the best use of their time and money. Filming and rehearsing scenes which can be shot with the cast and crew they have at hand.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

They couldn’t start in June unless it had maybe one or two action set pieces at the most. It would have to be a smaller film if that were the case.

To be fair, a few of the Bond productions started 8 months prior to release. Although with CGI and such these days, you need a larger window, but technically they could get away with filming in September for a April 2020 release. We know they're filming in Italy in August, so the pessimistic in me would say June is when main unit will start.

They have a massive window before they consider delaying again.

I don't know. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the presser is this month. But seeing Carry willy-nilly in Italy kind of makes me think main unit won't occur for a while.

I'd love to be proved wrong. But it's plain as day why we haven't gotten the press conference at the beginning of April. They simply haven't done any meaty shooting yet.

On a separate note, I wonder if filming in the fall will affect the tone of the film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I mean it's supremely obviously Malik is cast, but the deal could have fell through for all we know.

Malek is locked. He's not going anywhere.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 832
    I have zero doubt that 1. things are on schedule and 2. they will make the release date.
    peter wrote: »
    I mean it's supremely obviously Malik is cast, but the deal could have fell through for all we know.

Malek is locked. He's not going anywhere.

You're right. I retracted that bit.

• MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Zekidk wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
    What on earth are you smoking? I want some of that stuff! :))
    I'm sure you do.

But on to Brie Larson; She really isn't Bond Girl Material. Bond Girls are supposed to have Beautiful (with a capital B), exotic, and talented Actresses in the roles. Something Brie has none of.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me - Larson is more attractive and has more sex appeal than Lea, Solange and Camille.
    Just don’t look down at her toes...
  • BorremannenBorremannen Norway
    Have anyone checked www.007.com?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Have anyone checked www.007.com?

Must be down for maintenance.

"ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved
    While trying to retrieve the requested URL the following error was encountered:

Invalid Hostname
    Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

Name is unknown
    Footprint 6.1.951.28/FPMCP
    Generated Wed, 10 Apr 2019 05:59:34 GMT by 8.247.67.226 (Footprint 6.1.951.28/FPMCP)"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I can access it fine, with the 'www' in front.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I would not care if the film opens in October 2020 as long as it‘s better than the last entry. I‘ll go and see any Bond film on the day it‘s released, I do prefer the fall/winter release time though.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I can access it fine, with the 'www' in front.

It works for me now too.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,291
    This Site Is Under Construction and Coming Soon, is the message I get when accessing 007.com. Could just be maintenance of course.

Linus Sandgren was also in Italy yesterday.

Can anyone translate?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    She's a bit too famous for my taste. I prefer when Bond girls are relative unknown.

That's the problem with Halle Berry.

They wanted someone famous for the 40th Anniversary film and it backfired.

The problem with every Brosnan Bond movie after GE when it comes to Bond girls @barryt007.

I kind of hope we'll have relative unknowns for both Bond girls and villains.

Good point !
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Linus Sandgren was also in Italy yesterday.

Can anyone translate?

Basically they say that Cary scouted some location and places in Matera - with the help of a local guide - while enjoying the place. His visit confirms all the location previously reported by Sassilive. Cary will stay in Matera til Sunday at least and then he will move to a beach location close to ‘Matera (Marina di Pisticci, already reported again by Sassilive). They say filming is already taking place at Pinewood. They also talk about the possibility of using an helicopter in Matera while confirming the city will feature in the beginning of the movie.

All this sounds like a confirmation of some info we had from Sassilive: a scene taking place between Bond and a “successor” in that Church, a wedding taking place by that seaside location etc etc...
    Too many spoilers on this thread. I'll have to take leave until I've seen the film. :) Enjoy the movie ladies and gentlemen!