No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Cary is currently in Matera.

Yes! Now this is news. Good news.

They'll have this one ready before no time. Going at a good pace, and secretly no less. Very, very cool. As frustrated as I am with the lack of news, I know that this is the way to go. You go, CF!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Hold the presses!
    Of course this is tremendous news, to see Fukunaga in Matera (which confirms that location)
    But this means Bond 25 has not started filming yet! (Unless they plan to shoot principal photography with Craig directing himself)

Hold the presses!
    Of course this is tremendous news, to see Fukunaga in Matera (which confirms that location)
    But this means Bond 25 has not started filming yet! (Unless they plan to shoot principal photography with Craig directing himself)

I suppose filming has started in many shapes and forms. Maybe not with the main cast. But much as been done already. Maybe this is for establishing shots or whatever. Who knows?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400

Excellent find!

If you read the comments you can see that this photo was indeed taken today. This confirms that main unit filming was pushed back from 5th April.

God knows why Cary has gone off to look at location again seemingly by himself. I remember reading in the GQ or NYT profile last year that he loved going off and scouting alone and finding remote places to shoot. Often on his motorboke (because he's so cool)

But surely, Barbara would have him on a tighter leash! This film starts shooting in a matter of days (pending any further delays!)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Is there sound confirmation that main principle photography has started? I know ColonelSun mentioned filming at Pinewood, but I'm curious if that was indeed main unit unit or secondary stuff.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 524
    Univex wrote: »

Hold the presses!

I suppose filming has started in many shapes and forms. Maybe not with the main cast. But much as been done already. Maybe this is for establishing shots or whatever. Who knows?

Establishing shots? Doesn't Fukunaga trust his own second unit to go out and shoot them? Why should he be overseeing these personally? Does he have too much time on his hands? I think that extended scouting by Fukunaga is much more likely at this stage.

For the record, I agree with you that some filming might've already taken place. But I think we can say that an extended period of principal photography has yet to kick off.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
    What on earth are you smoking? I want some of that stuff! :))
    I'm sure you do.

But on to Brie Larson; She really isn't Bond Girl Material. Bond Girls are supposed to have Beautiful (with a capital B), exotic, and talented Actresses in the roles. Something Brie has none of.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me - Larson is more attractive and has more sex appeal than Lea, Solange and Camille.
    Fukunada in Matera, Italy is good news.

:)
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    Fukunada in Matera, Italy is good news.

:)

Keep in mind that they won't be filming until August there.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    antovolk wrote: »
    MGM/UA released the first teaser for The Addams Family today, and the international versions released by Universal Pictures appear to also have the UA logo. So maybe this means the new UA insignia will appear on all versions of B25 worldwide...

That would be cool
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm guessing Fukunaga's presence in Matera means filming STILL hasn't started at Pinewood.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Excellent find!

If you read the comments you can see that this photo was indeed taken today. This confirms that main unit filming was pushed back from 5th April.

God knows why Cary has gone off to look at location again seemingly by himself. I remember reading in the GQ or NYT profile last year that he loved going off and scouting alone and finding remote places to shoot. Often on his motorboke (because he's so cool)

But surely, Barbara would have him on a tighter leash! This film starts shooting in a matter of days (pending any further delays!)

Is this an attempt at being funny?

Sorry to ask.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
    I'm sure you do.

But on to Brie Larson; She really isn't Bond Girl Material. Bond Girls are supposed to have Beautiful (with a capital B), exotic, and talented Actresses in the roles. Something Brie has none of.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me - Larson is more attractive and has more sex appeal than Lea, Solange and Camille.

Not really I would take all of them over her but it's my opinion let's move on
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I'm sure you do.

Your oculist needs to be fired.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Fukunaga's presence in Matera means filming STILL hasn't started at Pinewood.
    Of course it hasn’t.
    I'm sure you do.

Is that comment suppose to provoke me? Sorry, but I'm just too happy today. Try again, tomorrow!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    I'm sure you do.

Is that comment suppose to provoke me? Sorry, but I'm just too happy today. Try again, tomorrow!
    Just a little witty banter, mate. :D

Of course it hasn’t.

And you know this as a fact, do you?

• RC7RC7
    Just a reminder that B25’s release date is a year away. They could start PP in a month and still turn it around comfortably.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that B25’s release date is a year away. They could start PP in a month and still turn it around comfortably.
    Exactly. They have plenty of time.
    Of course it hasn’t.

What's your source on that?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ‘Bollinger Best Dressed’ at the Punchestown Festival
    https://punchestown.com/festival-2019/

The winner of this year’s Bollinger Best Dressed Lady award at the Punchestown Festival will partake in an elite mission as details of the prize are released by the racecourse.

The overall winner of the coveted style competition will attend an exclusive invitational screening of the highly anticipated 25th James Bond movie in Paris in April 2020. Bollinger is the champagne of choice for the world’s most famous spy.
    JET007 wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

He knows a guy who knows a guy who went to school with a guy that is the brother of his wife's sister who's neighbor works for The Sun.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

Just a question, dear Colonel. Is it right to say that some sort of filming has begun at Pinewood, but that principal photography has not kicked off officially?
    I think that's about it yes.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I think that's about it yes.

I know everyone wants it in definite terms. In my mind if the Colonel has said it then it is definite. Filming has begun at Pinewood, in what form, we are not sure. It's also likely Cary was in Italy to scout similar to when he went to Norway most recently. Ensure that all is going to plan. He doesn't seem like a fly in and just direct type of guy. He wants to be involved in all layers of production.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Of course it hasn’t.

He knows a guy who knows a guy who went to school with a guy that is the brother of his wife's sister who's neighbor works for The Sun.

The same tabloid which reported that B24 would be titled Devil May Care?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

In todays edition of where in the world and when in time is DC, it would appear not in NYC. As members of the board of directors, he and Rachel generally attend the event in person.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

The same tabloid which reported that B24 would be titled Devil May Care?

Yes.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Of course it hasn’t.

Just a question, dear Colonel. Is it right to say that some sort of filming has begun at Pinewood, but that principal photography has not kicked off officially?

Eon don't waste a penny (Cubby's rule) - and, in fact, they are not the most generous production company re: wages - so they don't hire a crew to sit around picking their feet, they hire a crew to work.