No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Just keep her well away from Bond. The more pics of her I see, the more she has the look of someone ready to go on the offensive. It's as if she is waiting to get annoyed over something. The video I alluded to says it all. She is answering innocent questions with really standoff-ish answers.

My thoughts exactly

It's hilarious how so many white men are scared of her.

That billion dollar gross really put the fear of god in them.

To be fair I am Indian not exactly white :)) but I get your point. It doesn't matter how much money her film makes she is too cliche for my taste that's all. FYI: After watching captain marvel I have no desire to see her in a bond film. Her flat single expression and cheesy dialogue delivery speaks for itself and as major Said "waiting to get annoyed over something".
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Brie Larson is not gonna be in Bond 25. Let's move on.

Quite. I like Brie Larson a lot but from what I know of her, I doubt she'd have any interest in Bond nor do I see her as a Bond girl.

She'd be an interesting Elektra King type though.

That amounted to a minority of trolls, and the media blew it way out of proportion (as they always do). Sorry you fell for it.

I liked Larson as Captain Marvel and am interested to see where she goes with the role, but she can be off-putting in interviews. Even my wife finds her obnoxious.

I doubt that she would do a Bond film anyway.

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    I must confess I am not very familiar with Brie Larson as a person (I like her as an actress, though).

Is there a possibility that she would do the Bond girl role solely for the money?
    Or is she one of those actresses that's very picky with roles?

Because if it's only for the money, it could explain why she would say yes.
    Brie Larson is beyond Bond now. A role in Bond, however interesting the part might be, won't advance her career because she is already soaring very high indeed. She will be after roles which push her further, creatively and in terms of keeping her star rising.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just keep her well away from Bond. The more pics of her I see, the more she has the look of someone ready to go on the offensive. It's as if she is waiting to get annoyed over something. The video I alluded to says it all. She is answering innocent questions with really standoff-ish answers.

My thoughts exactly

What a fantastical, dreamy world you must live in.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    00Agent wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
    What on earth are you smoking? I want some of that stuff! :))
    I'm sure you do.

But on to Brie Larson; She really isn't Bond Girl Material. Bond Girls are supposed to have Beautiful (with a capital B), exotic, and talented Actresses in the roles. Something Brie has none of.

@Pierce2Daniel I don’t think a single person on the planet is scared of her, but I do think a LOT of people (both black and white, male and female) find her annoying.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Brie Larson is beyond Bond now. A role in Bond, however interesting the part might be, won't advance her career because she is already soaring very high indeed. She will be after roles which push her further, creatively and in terms of keeping her star rising.
    With great respect, that’s a ridiculous observation. She isn’t beyond Captain Marvel (directed by nobodies) but she is beyond a big budget Cary Fukunaga film? How does that work?
    Brie Larson can only play a villian role as she will probably hate Bond as he is played by a 40-50 year old white male.
    @Pierce2Daniel I don’t think a single person on the planet is scared of her, but I do think a LOT of people (both black and white, male and female) find her annoying.
    With great respect, that’s a ridiculous observation. She isn’t beyond Captain Marvel (directed by nobodies) but she is beyond a big budget Cary Fukunaga film? How does that work?

It's quite simple really. She was the lead in the former, and wouldn't be in the latter.

Also, with great respect, they're not 'nobodies' anymore. ;)
    I liked Larson as Captain Marvel, but I am not sure whether she is Bond girl material though? I would love to see Camille return? Especially seeing that we are going full circle in some way?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Personally, I’d rather they don’t recycle old characters and bring new ones instead. Having watched Killing Eve in full, I would love to see Jodie Comer playing a very similar femme fatale character in the next Bond film. Now, that rumour excited me when it surfaced. I don’t know about you, but I would very much rather we shift away from brooding characters.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,894

My thoughts exactly

That billion dollar gross really put the fear of god in them.

If Bond 25 could get Rami Malek AND Brie Larson - then I'd be game

brie-larson-in-captain-marvel.jpg?quality=80

In the interest of equality, it is worth noting that it's not only men who were "scared" of Brie.
    Personally, I’d rather they don’t recycle old characters and bring new ones instead. Having watched Killing Eve in full, I would love to see Jodie Comer playing a very similar femme fatale character in the next Bond film. Now, that rumour excited me when it surfaced. I don’t know about you, but I would very much rather we shift away from brooding characters.

Absolutely, a femme fatale would be a welcome addition to the Craig era. We've only had hints of them in the previous four films, with characters like Valenka and Severine. I'd like to see one focused on a bit.

However, with Swann likely being a core part of the story again and Malek likely to be the villain, I don't think it's going to happen this time.

It's a perfectly reasonable observation. Brie Larson has just starred in a billion dollar box office hit - in the lead role - and she continues with that role in Avengers: Endgame - another huge franchise film. She and her team will be looking very, very carefully at what she does next, and another franchise role, like a part in Bond (apart from her not seeming to be Bond material, as has been mentioned here) would seem unlikely. She isn't in Bond 25.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Three things regarding Larson:

1. It won't happen. Not only would Larson probably not want to (she is now a headliner, not second fiddle); I seriously doubt EON would want to bring in an actress so closely aligned with a major character in a major film franchise.

2. This doesn't mean as an actress, talent and looks-wise, she couldn't do it. Maybe three or four years ago she was perfect. But not now, not post Capt. Marvel.

3. She is awesome, and I feel bad for anyone here who doesn't see her appeal in the industry and in pop culture, in general. She has overcome her own embarrassing photos from "The Fappening" a few years ago. It takes strength to overcome that (not as bad as what Abigail Spencer had to, if you know what I mean) and move on.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Larson will not be in Bond 25. Let's move on.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    jake24 wrote: »
    We’re like the same person @jake24. Same post and everything haha. I agree.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    We’re like the same person @jake24. Same post and everything haha. I agree.
    Ha, just saw that.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    i know this isin't fully bond related but cineuropa have confirmed lea seydoux started shooting her new film yesterday in hamburg
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    who-is-more-capable-of-displaying-any-sort-of-emotion-44265481.png

Okay now I’ll move on.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    peaderp wrote: »
    i know this isin't fully bond related but cineuropa have confirmed lea seydoux started shooting her new film yesterday in hamburg

Wait what?! Where?! I live in Hamburg, I have to check that out!
  • peaderppeaderp england
    they said it is called the story of my wife directed by ildiko enyedi and it will shoot in hambury budapest and malta for 57 days between now and autumn
    I wonder if this means Seydoux has a smaller part than we thought in the film.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    She still has to film her car chase, though.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,164
    MGM/UA released the first teaser for The Addams Family today, and the international versions released by Universal Pictures appear to also have the UA logo. So maybe this means the new UA insignia will appear on all versions of B25 worldwide...
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    So that kinda rules out that Craig is currently filming scenes with Seydoux at Pinewood.

Leaves us with an unknown actor or actress.
    Maybe the actress who won out in the 'chemistry screentests' has been put to work immediately?

Or the film simply contains a lot of scenes of Bond on his own.
    Drowning his sorrows, perhaps.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Cary is currently in Matera.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    i might be wrong but the articles about seydouxs new film say it will shoot for about two months but won't end shooting till september, son maybe they will film half of it now and the rest closer to autumn
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Madeline in Bikini or I'm boycotting the film.