No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig still has a beard.

Do you know of any photos taken in London?

(nope)

Keeping him out of sight has to be intentional; with everyone owning mobile phones, you would think he would have been seen shopping, getting coffee, or out to dinner. Something.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Craig still has a beard.

(nope)

Keeping him out of sight has to be intentional; with everyone owning mobile phones, you would think he would have been seen shopping, getting coffee, or out to dinner. Something.

What about...

... Assassinating someone and driving off in his Aston...

In all seriousness, how many "street shots" did we get of Craig in the early days of his last few films? I mean, in SF, the first time I saw he had scruff was a publicity shot-- not him out downing lagers with his friends in some pub, lol!!

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m just curious as to how a production lady from Norway would be privy to press conference information. That’s my only suspicion.

I wouldn’t take to much notice of this info @DonnyDB5 the user who posted it, is / was a known troublemaker.
    We have much more reliable sources.
    I’m sure we’ll be getting news in the near future.
  • Benny wrote: »
    I’m just curious as to how a production lady from Norway would be privy to press conference information. That’s my only suspicion.

I wouldn’t take to much notice of this info @DonnyDB5 the user who posted it, is / was a known troublemaker.

Was that Gareth again?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

Was that Gareth again?

Sadly. Yes.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Craig still has a beard.

(nope)

What about...

... Assassinating someone and driving off in his Aston...

In all seriousness, how many "street shots" did we get of Craig in the early days of his last few films? I mean, in SF, the first time I saw he had scruff was a publicity shot-- not him out downing lagers with his friends in some pub, lol!!
    You mean Assassinating a bad guy @peter
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    This is probably nothing, but Anette Malone - a costumer working on Bond 25 - reguarly posts on Instagram. She was even in Norway for the shoot recently:

She has even taken photos inside the Bond 25 costume department offices:

She has followed a slew of people relating to the production recently - including, Sebastian Soutain and Rami Malek. One of the more curious people, she has followed (and remember, this is probably nothing) is Brie Larson....

It would make sense that the costume team would get to know the cast fairly early as they will need to design the clothes prior to filming. Plus, Larson would seemingly be a perfect substitute for the character they were possibly targeting for Lupita Nyong'o.

Also, there is just a good chance that Malone is a fan of Captain Marvel and likes Brie Larson's content on Instagram. But during the dry spell of zero news, it's something to chew on.

She may be a little too woke to do the film. But Fukunaga's involvement could convince her. Plus, she certainly has the look.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,280

Every comment you make has a cog wheel icon on the top right corner when you hover over the comment. click it, and you have the edit function available. Surely the mods explained this?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Every comment you make has a cog wheel icon on the top right corner when you hover over the comment. click it, and you have the edit function available. Surely the mods explained this?

The problem was we asked him not to keep posting fan posters on the Production thread. And then we asked him not to post Bond 25 title ideas on the Production thread. And we asked him not to multi post. And every time he repeated it and argued the toss relentlessly.

When he was suspended he made multiple new accounts instead of realising that it was a 7 day suspension, after which he may have been allowed back.

Now, he has burnt all bridges. He can keep making new accounts and with a click of a button they are gone again. No skin off my nose.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I doubt she would want to be anywhere near a Bond film, and I would be more than happy with that.

I can see it now:

Interviewer: So Brie, how does it feel to join the iconic list of actresses to play Bond Girls?
    Brie: Why do you need to know?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Brie Larson? Oh boy, that would be exciting if true! Thanks for the update, @Pierce2Daniel!
    I agree that it looks like a coincidence, but who knows!

Larson falls in the same category as Emma Stone. Beautiful, highly respected, hot in Hollywood, someone I'd like to see in a Bond film, but at the same time highly unlikely at the time of writing.
    A look at her IMDB shows that she has one project in post-production, so her schedule seems clear, unless her Marvel contract stipulates otherwise.
    I doubt she would want to be anywhere near a Bond film, and I would be more than happy with that.

I can see it now:

Interviewer: So Brie, how does it feel to join the iconic list of actresses to play Bond Girls?
    Brie: Why do you need to know?

That is the problem with trying to cast female Hollywood actresses in the #MeToo era. That taint the Bond series is likely why Lupita walked away. Eon would be far more successful trying to find European actresses who are a little less sensitive to being perceived as 'woke' or concerned about how their career is perceived.

Larson came under a lot of fire from angry white men on the Internet (these trolls are very vocal these days) for the video below. They tried to sabotage the release of Captain Marvel and almightly failed. If you ask me, her views are pretty rationale.

So the big question.....would she want to have a role in a series that inherently has been viewed as misogynistic for decades?

Much depends on the writing. I genuinely believe that if they have written a layered female character who is interesting and kick-ass enough in her own right (perhaps another 00 with the potential for her own series?) than they could easily attract a high-wattage star.

I have only seen Larson in a few things where she is a supporting player - most noticeably the King Kong film ad Free Fire (I'm still meaning to see Captain Marvel before Endgame this month). But her involvement would truly get me excited for Bond 25.

40b134d07234d27c57f2fd9cd9ec3798.jpg

Who knows what is happening with Bond 25 currently, but in the absence of any news, we can fill that silence with photos of Brie Larson.

brie-larson-captain-marvel-premiere-in-hollywood-12.jpg
    I don’t want Larson anywhere near any Bond film. She is toxic.

How is she toxic?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Just keep her well away from Bond. The more pics of her I see, the more she has the look of someone ready to go on the offensive. It's as if she is waiting to get annoyed over something. The video I alluded to says it all. She is answering innocent questions with really standoff-ish answers.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    She won't be getting anywhere near a Bond film even if hell freezes over. So, I'm not worried about that in the slightest.
    She won't be getting anywhere near a Bond film even if hell freezes over. So, I'm not worried about that in the slightest.

Exactly.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Never gonna happen. For Larson this would be career suicide. She is something of a feminist icon atm, and if she does Bond she will loose all her followers, and Bond would get horrible publicity in the process.
    What on earth are you smoking? I want some of that stuff! :))
    00Agent wrote: »
    What on earth are you smoking? I want some of that stuff! :))

Coming from you that's rich.
    I suddenly want her in a bond film and I want it to be titled Shatterhand lol
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Brie Larson is not gonna be in Bond 25. Let's move on.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    @Pierce2Daniel Good insight, and interesting speculation. I agree with your sentiments, getting a Bond girls these days is tougher, as more actresses are woke to a lot of the issues of playing a Bond girl. Hell, even in 2006, Eva Green almost turned down the role "Ugh, a Bond girl." Honestly, that would be my reaction too.

To be fair: Vesper, Camille, two "new school" Bond girls were excellently written and displayed in a respectful manner. Severine was a tragic character. Lea tried to come off as someone like Vesper but failed (Her saying I love you after two days, yikes).

If Brie Larson was cast - just purely out of speculation - I would be pleasantly surprised. It would confirm her role would be well-written and wouldn't just be another throwaway.

I don't know if that would be good press for her, though. Imagine her getting questioned. It kind of brings me to the point, it's hard to erase the stigma of this part in our societies minds. Hopefully one day women can be cast in a Bond film just as good stand-alone characters.

Also, the full interview with Brie is a lot better.
    She's a bit too famous for my taste. I prefer when Bond girls are relative unknown.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ludovico wrote: »
    She's a bit too famous for my taste. I prefer when Bond girls are relative unknown.

Because of the bitter aftertaste?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Ludovico wrote: »

That's the problem with Halle Berry.

They wanted someone famous for the 40th Anniversary film and it backfired.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Berry’s situation is not unlike that of Waltz; both are very talented actors who were criminally misused; the material, and direction both had to work with were severely lacking.
    Berry’s situation is not unlike that of Waltz; both are very talented actors who were criminally misused; the material, and direction both had to work with were severely lacking.

Yes..Waltz is another one,indeed.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Just keep her well away from Bond. The more pics of her I see, the more she has the look of someone ready to go on the offensive. It's as if she is waiting to get annoyed over something. The video I alluded to says it all. She is answering innocent questions with really standoff-ish answers.

My thoughts exactly

My thoughts exactly

It's hilarious how so many white men are scared of her.

That billion dollar gross really put the fear of god in them.

If Bond 25 could get Rami Malek AND Brie Larson - then I'd be game

brie-larson-in-captain-marvel.jpg?quality=80