No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So it’s possible craig and seydoux are filming. If a lot is being shot at pinewood. Does this suggest less action similar to skyfall?

The process of drawing conclusions in this thread amuses me. :D

I wonder when people will learn that patience is a virtue.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    So it’s possible craig and seydoux are filming. If a lot is being shot at pinewood. Does this suggest less action similar to skyfall?

I don't think this should be assumed.

(also depends on your definition of action, I suppose).
    peter wrote: »

I don't think this should be assumed.

(also depends on your definition of action, I suppose).

What can be filmed at pinewood. Mostly dialogue and small action set pieces.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    My sense is that the holding pattern has to do with Malek. The shoot in Norway occurred due to weather conditions being ideal: had they waited much longer they ran the risk of spring-like conditions. Everything's in order.
    What was happening last week was more second unit filming. Main unit filming still hasn't started yet.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    @ColonelSun has two friends working on this film-- I believe one of them has been with the franchise since TND. They said that they were shooting last week.

Coinciding with this, I got a tiny morsel that last week, at least the early part of the week, was busy at PWS. It was suggested that at least a part of two days was DC working with the stunt crew.

That's very reassuring to hear! Thank you for the reporting @peter, and my enormous thanks to @ColonelSun for his continued input and keeping us all updated!
    The most tricky thing is that because EON is playing it so closely to the chest, we outsiders have no idea where the production currently is. And then we start worrying, maybe prematurely. So it's good to hear from someone who does have those contacts that it's going well.
    @DeerAtTheGates touched on something-- there's a strong possibility that scenes are being shot with Bond and Madeleine (according to the IMDbPro site, the only film Seydoux is filming is B25; she has three other films in pre-production... Hmmm...).

With what feels like the caginess of EoN, they can shoot these scenes all on set, away from prying eyes. And perhaps the reason they are doing these scenes (apart from scheduling conflicts for some of the cast), and why there may be a sense of caginess, are that these scenes are story-heavy and would give away the plot.

Also a very keen observation here, @peter! If Seydoux has 3 more projects in pre-production, it makes sense for her to record her scenes at the beginning of the production process, have a small gap doing other things, and return for location shooting.

As for the spoilery stuff, we know from Spectre that the team built an entire reproduction of Westminster Bridge, complete with road and a crashed helicopter, exactly for the purpose of not having to do the climactic scene on location and give away potential spoilers to prying eyes.
    So if these are spoiler-heavy scenes with Madeleine, the caginess would make total sense! Great way of thinking!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    If people think they can track Craig’s every move to see if he’s filming in London are quite mistaken.
    I’m not worried yet. Of course, it’s been a bumpy ride, but production did officially kick off, and there’s been no serious indications that things are going awry. The lack of news is frustrating for many of us, but that doesn’t mean the production is in shambles.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    hi a few hungarian websites have said that lea seydouxs film the story of my wife started shooting today and that it would shoot for 57 days between now and autumn
    Speculation here
    If they go down the route of killing off Swann early on in the movie do you think that would be in the trailer if it may in fact be the inciting incident that kicks off the plot?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m not worried yet. Of course, it’s been a bumpy ride, but production did officially kick off, and there’s been no serious indications that things are going awry. The lack of news is frustrating for many of us, but that doesn’t mean the production is in shambles.

Absolutely. No news is good news to be quite honest.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    Nvm.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Have any of the major players, Craig, Fukunaga, Seydoux, been spotted in London?
    just how much effort is made to keep them , particularly the stars, off the grid?
    As I've said, how Daniel is groomed is a major clue as to if filming has begun.
    @ColonelSun has two friends working on this film-- I believe one of them has been with the franchise since TND. They said that they were shooting last week.

Coinciding with this, I got a tiny morsel that last week, at least the early part of the week, was busy at PWS. It was suggested that at least a part of two days was DC working with the stunt crew.

@DeerAtTheGates touched on something-- there's a strong possibility that scenes are being shot with Bond and Madeleine (according to the IMDbPro site, the only film Seydoux is filming is B25; she has three other films in pre-production... Hmmm...).

With what feels like the caginess of EoN, they can shoot these scenes all on set, away from prying eyes. And perhaps the reason they are doing these scenes (apart from scheduling conflicts for some of the cast), and why there may be a sense of caginess, are that these scenes are story-heavy and would give away the plot.

I'm sure at this point, after the Sony-hacks, Eon, et al, would love to shoot the whole thing in a bubble and away from leaks and whispers.

They seem to be doing a damn fine job of it so far (however I do know everyone was VERY pleased with how the Norway shoot turned out; I was given no details beyond that, (and told the person who let me know this, that that's like giving me a set of finely polished "blue balls"))...

My thanks to you and @ColonelSun for once again bringing reason to a thread that can sometimes (okay, often) go off the rails! Compared to what has been accomplished by February 14th (the last time we were a year out from release), I'd say we're in a much better spot.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    JET007 wrote: »

I'm sure at this point, after the Sony-hacks, Eon, et al, would love to shoot the whole thing in a bubble and away from leaks and whispers.

They seem to be doing a damn fine job of it so far (however I do know everyone was VERY pleased with how the Norway shoot turned out; I was given no details beyond that, (and told the person who let me know this, that that's like giving me a set of finely polished "blue balls"))...

My thanks to you and @ColonelSun for once again bringing reason to a thread that can sometimes (okay, often) go off the rails! Compared to what has been accomplished by February 14th (the last time we were a year out from release), I'd say we're in a much better spot.

@peter what is PWS?
    edited April 2019 Posts: 7,983
    I believe Pinewood Studios
    Craig still has a beard.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »

Yes, sorry, Pinewood Studios.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Craig still has a beard.

Craig's never had a beard-- that's called scruff.

or a 5 o'clock shadow a la SF.
    Craig still has a beard.

These days his is more of a 5 o’clock glare. :D

• DrNO07DrNO07 England
    I had a small chat with the Norway lady who has worked on the Norway set. The press conference is certainly happening sometime this month, most likely towards the end of the month or mid-April.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    DrNO07 wrote: »
    I had a small chat with the Norway lady who has worked on the Norway set. The press conference is certainly happening sometime this month, most likely towards the end of the month or mid-April.

That reaffirms what @marketto007 said. Let’s hope it comes to fruition.
  • DrNO07DrNO07 England
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    DrNO07 wrote: »

That reaffirms what @marketto007 said. Let’s hope it comes to fruition.

Yeah, I do believe the lady as she was certainly part of the production. Let's hope it's mid-April at the latest. I feel it's been long enough, and as they have officially kicked off filming now, we all deserve it. I really thought we would have had the SPECTRE kind of press conference, but looks like it's more quantum, but i'm not worried. I'm sure it's due to sorting out cast members, etc. At least it's this month. If she is wrong or theres a delay to it, then I'll give up entirely and just forget about it for a while.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126

Yes, sorry, Pinewood Studios.

@Peter your forgiven
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m just curious as to how a production lady from Norway would be privy to press conference information. That’s my only suspicion.
    I feel like we are in wait around mode any day we will have a surprise announcement from EON for Bond 25
  • DrNO07DrNO07 England
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m just curious as to how a production lady from Norway would be privy to press conference information. That’s my only suspicion.

It is slightly odd I must admit, but she could be a reliable source. She could have haired it from someone else while on production. But to be honest, I dont want to get my hopes up like I did last month. None of the speculation or news, even with MI6, was correct. I was getting excited when MI6 posted that they believe it's on or around the 5th April. Just better be this month.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Craig still has a beard.

These days his is more of a 5 o’clock glare. :D

Even better...!
    Craig still has a beard.

Do you know of any photos taken in London?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Craig still has a beard.

Do you know of any photos taken in London?

(nope)