No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Bamigboye hasn't had a Bond story since late 2014.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes he stopped, except blurting at last second Monica as Bond girl. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yes, bizarre.
    I mean he tweeted it, literally before she walked out. Hmm. I do wonder why he stopped.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I mean he tweeted it, literally before she walked out. Hmm. I do wonder why he stopped.

Perhaps someone should ask him via Twitter if he has any Bond news for us.
    It's been so long ... he used to put it, any tidbits, in his regular column. I doubt he lost interest in getting scoops; maybe somebody told him to be more cautious or hold off. ? Or he lost his "inside" contact? Oh, the intrigue ...! ;)
    Well, if its true that DC is finally gone, hopefully that means things will move quicker from now on.

With Hiddleston as 007 (sorry couldn't resist)

Actually i would be happy with any of the following four options

1. Craig returns for 1-2 more
    2. Hiddleston signs on and does 4-5 films
    3. Hardy signs on for 4-5 films
    4. Fassbender signs on for 3-4 films

Craig might well be done.

the amount of work he is doing will take him to fall 2017 early 2018.

He needs to be free by early next year for an 18 release, He said himself he worked & was heavily involved on SP for two years beforehand
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,399
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig might well be done.

the amount of work he is doing will take him to fall 2017 early 2018.

He needs to be free by early next year for an 18 release, He said himself he worked & was heavily involved on SP for two years beforehand

with the Soderberg film starting fall 2016 - depending on the size / scale of the film, it could very well wrap filming by very early 2017 (january/february), then is when he'd probably move onto Purity, which - even if it takes 4 - 5 months, that would take him to roughly the middle of summer 2017... Production on Bond 25 wouldn't start until December 2017, or January 2018 (similar to SP, SF, similar to the production schedule of previous Bond films)...... keep in mind, Daniel doesn't need to be heavily involved with all of pre-production - that is what the director is for... Daniel could still take time to look over drafts of the script while he is working on other projects - many actors do so...

right now, his schedule does not conflict at all with production of Bond 25.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Right haserot - Soderbergh can only be small, because Othello starts in December.
    Suppose the Soderbergh film is only, because he wants to act under him.
    Jamie Bell? Wow. That's left field. He's got the initials, but is he too young? We'd be back in prequel territory, surely. Although I've wanted to see what Bond was doing in his army / navy days, long before he joined MI6. Maybe he could be used in flashback? If it was a prequel / pre MI6 adventure I'd be on board, but as a 'follow on' from the Craig era, wouldn't work.
    Thought I would chime in on the latest Bond rumours. I do hope Craig has 1 Bond film left in him, as my latest viewing of Spectre.. left a bit to be desired! I hope the next film is Bond back-to-basics. More along the lines of CR? Perhaps a stand-alone, final story arc to close out his tenure. I'm fine with the film not starting pre-production for a year or so. We Bond fans should be used to the larger gaps in between films now!
    As for the new Bond actor rumour(s), I do hope Jamie Bell is not a serious contender! Much too young and not who I would imagine as James Bond. Then again Craig didn't look the part at first and he changed my opinion rather quickly! I'm sure the rumour mill (tabloids. ugh) will be spewing out more and more names until we get a confirmation from EON or the Broccoli gang.

I still believe, the meeting was NOT about Bond, maybe about 25, but not about THAT part.
    Jamie Bell?

Frankie Muniz not available?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) very funny.
    The hight might truly be an issue, but other than that Jamie Bell needs to get more badass roles, like Bond.

Reading (not all) the comments on the previous pages, I agree that Fassbender would still be young enough. And boy would he nail it. I have yet to see any weak performance from him. Plus, he is about the only person on the planet who would fit Fleming´s description of Bond´s physical stature (not that I would care much about that).

I think Craig tries to focus his mind as much as possible away from Bond, so he can approach any possible new Bond film with a fresher mind. He´s wasting his time, if you ask me. He should do some decent Bond films, and then retire on a horse farm with the billions they pay him.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Certainly I would have loved one more from him - to this date, but so far, none of the delays were his fault. And so far now - there isn't even a delay, even though some here like to claim, it is. Not true. A 2018 Bond film - with whoever - is not out of reach yet. And his schedule would allow it, too.

IMO, the more the media is trying to force them into action, the more they like to play it VERY, VERY quiet behind the scenes.

Wasn't there a report, that he was being stepped on the feet by someone? I somehow remember that. And now he is pissed. :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As if there's some kind of media death squad out there that kills people who get the wrong scoops. All this faux high-risk, living on the edge business that some celebrity reporting is painted as is most amusing. And yet these folks are rounded into the same corral as those who travel to places most have nightmares about and place their own lives at risk to provide news for their fellow countrymen and women. If the world were any more backwards it'd be an Olympic gymnast.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well, if its true that DC is finally gone, hopefully that means things will move quicker from now on.

Okay, I'm curious... Why would you be happy with Hiddleston or Hardy doing 4-5, and Fassbender 3-4? Because you like Fassbender less to the extent that it would amount to a one less movie, you think he'd get boring 1 movie earlier or something? :)

HASEROT wrote: »

Yes. It's weird how there suddenly seems to be this idea that Bond actors can't or shouldn't do other work, that it's somehow bad or takes away from their commitment to Bond. I think doing other work is good, and it's also what actors normally do as well. 3 years between Bond movies would easily allow time to do several other (smaller) movies, so why not a play, a movie and a tv series.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think Craig tries to focus his mind as much as possible away from Bond, so he can approach any possible new Bond film with a fresher mind. He´s wasting his time, if you ask me. He should do some decent Bond films, and then retire on a horse farm with the billions they pay him.

Fresher mind with Bond sounds like a good idea, so... how is he wasting his time?

What do you mean? I mean, what incident are you referring to?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Geoffrey Wheatcroft needs to bury his head in the sand and watch something else. :P
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Frankie Muniz not available?
    Didn't he like... audition for the role 15 years ago? ;)

gh0OZpG16E5LtTAkCRkr5j0v1Fh.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    Geoffrey Wheatcroft needs to bury his head in the sand and watch something else. :P

Other than supplying some interesting historical context behind Fleming's life and some slants against the man's writing, I don't really see any remnants of whatever argument he might have been trying to make in that article, to be frank.

It seems Mr. Wheatcroft doesn't appreciate adventures centered around a post-imperial Britain, or the portrait of a spy with ascetic cynicism trying to find his way while working against the backdrop of an increasingly globalized world, along with all the bullets, blood and dangerous dames that fill it. What can I say, Tosca Fleming isn't for everyone. ;)
    Jamie Bell as Bond is a bad joke, after some of the suggestions I implore you DC please stay on.
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Okay, I'm curious... Why would you be happy with Hiddleston or Hardy doing 4-5, and Fassbender 3-4? Because you like Fassbender less to the extent that it would amount to a one less movie, you think he'd get boring 1 movie earlier or something? :)

HASEROT wrote: »

Yes. It's weird how there suddenly seems to be this idea that Bond actors can't or shouldn't do other work, that it's somehow bad or takes away from their commitment to Bond. I think doing other work is good, and it's also what actors normally do as well. 3 years between Bond movies would easily allow time to do several other (smaller) movies, so why not a play, a movie and a tv series.
    boldfinger wrote: »

Fresher mind with Bond sounds like a good idea, so... how is he wasting his time?

Fassbender I like but don't see him sticking around past 4 films
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Now even Swiss newspapers report that Jamie Bell has impressed BB so much that he probably will get cast as Bond.
    This is seriously killing me, and I know I'm probably daft to believe it but how can it be all made up?

Jamie Bell, for Christ's Sake :((

I want to be open minded to this but it's hard.
    Now even Swiss newspapers report that Jamie Bell has impressed BB so much that he probably will get cast as Bond.
    This is seriously killing me, and I know I'm probably daft to believe it but how can it be all made up?

Maybe they should do a backstory one with Bell, it'll be great, it'll just be like Skyfall with the childhood trauma and all, only this time, it'll be flashbacks of being teased for doing ballet as a kid. Country? England. Gun? Shot. Ballet? uh, oh no, DONE.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Maybe they should do a backstory one with Bell, it'll be great, it'll just be like Skyfall with the childhood trauma and all, only this time, it'll be flashbacks of being teased for doing ballet as a kid. Country? England. Gun? Shot. Ballet? uh, oh no, DONE.
    Good one!!! =))