No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is Jamie Bell the first name a reputable source such as Deadline has associated with Bond 25? I don't recall any mentioning the other "front runners".
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Please not Jack O'Connel or Jamie Bell, definitely not Bond material.

I guess Jamie Bell may be played Jim Hawkins in a POTC spin-off?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

When was the last time that the franchise was like this, when we couldn't at least assume certain things, like Craig would return and Sony would produce, P&W would write etc.?

How do you know I wasn't around, eh?[/quote]

Well, if you were, then you'd know that the series has been in similar circumstances before. The people at EON take their time to structure Bond films. They're not obliged to keep us up to date on the proceedings of the next instalment on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. When we need to know something, then they'll let us know.
    Capiche.

;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,159
    Well ofcourse I knew that, silly!

No, I'm just messing with ya. You are right on both counts. =;
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Is Jamie Bell the first name a reputable source such as Deadline has associated with Bond 25? I don't recall any mentioning the other "front runners".

I believe so. This is important; an actual REPUTABLE INDUSTRY SITE has reported that Jamie Bell has discussed Bond with Babs. Not The Sun, not the Daily Mail.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @Benny
    lol but really, lol²

I was there after LTK but being only 15 it wasn't a big thing for me. In 1993 I kind of just assumed that there might not be any more Bond movies. At that time I had other problems like running to my local record store every Saturday afternoon when I was on leave from the army and trying to get the CD's I wanted.
    Or going home to my army buddy Saturday evening to see if his damn unreliable automatic recording VHS player had properly recorded the weekly shown Star Trek The Next Generation episode.
    And then of course trying to get some at the weekend :))
    Just imagine we would have had dating apps back then or online newspapers...
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    We're just over 6 months past SP release. There's gonna be tons and tons of rumors and speculation, especially with even a 2018 release for B25. More or less 18 more months before we get a cast/title release etc. I highly, highly doubt that we'll get any form of confirmation on a DC return or a new actor for at least another year. Heck, DC wasn't even announced for CR until a year or so before it was released.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Perhaps Jamie, could be another Member of the Bond family, we haven't met yet ?
    Or to play a young Bond in a flashback sequence.
    Has this already been discussed?
    It has also been widely reported (and confirmed by Deadline) that Jamie Bell has discussed the Bond role with his Film Stars Don’t Die movie producer Barbara Broccoli
    http://deadline.com/2016/05/daniel-craig-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-bond-questions-1201763020/

I know that Bell's name has come up before, but now we have confirmation from a reliable source that he and Barbara have talked about Bond. As far as I am concerned, he would be a terrible choice...
    Has this already been discussed?
    It has also been widely reported (and confirmed by Deadline) that Jamie Bell has discussed the Bond role with his Film Stars Don’t Die movie producer Barbara Broccoli
    http://deadline.com/2016/05/daniel-craig-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-bond-questions-1201763020/

I know that Bell's name has come up before, but now we have confirmation from a reliable source that he and Barbara have talked about Bond. As far as I am concerned, he would be a terrible choice...

Still better than Tom Hiddleston.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    For people who think the Bond franchise is on Death's door need I remind you how every Bond movie ends?
    James-Bond-007-will-return-50-years.jpg

They put that at the end for a reason. James Bond Will Return, he always does. Drink a martini and wash that paranoia away.
    If they're thinking of Jamie Bell, they might as well test Justin Bieber for it. :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Perhaps he's testing for Tanner? If it's young Bond, I'm out.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    No flashback crap. Maybe a rookie field agent or someone that Bond is training, or even a fresh faced 00 agent, but heck NO as Bond or any form of young Bond.
    If BB now needs a toyboy (she 56 after all) then she is even more insane than I thought.
    She already gambled big with Craig, and thanks to Martin Campbell it worked out.

But Jamie Bell....I'm lost for words if that happens...
    If BB now needs a toyboy (she 56 after all) then she is even more insane than I thought.
    She already gambled big with Craig, and thanks to Martin Campbell it worked out.

But Jamie Bell....I'm lost for words if that happens...

Yes people will encourage her "rolling the dice" with the franchises future this time out.
    Or better yet, Blofelds son who breaks him out of prison. :))
    Blofeld events a deaging ray, sending all the MI6 firm back to being teens.
    I can see Tanner as a Goth, Moneypenny as a moody teen ...... ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Even Babs isn't that stupid, is she?

I mean, Bell is a good actor and all, but Bond? Hell no.
    "Daniel Craig can't be Bond! He's blonde, and doesn't look the part at all!"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    These are very different circumstances.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    Perhaps he's testing for Tanner? If it's young Bond, I'm out.

Don't jump ship please :( ...you know historically they talk to a lot of people. If they sign Bell then the exit Bondville tickets are on me.

But I'm weak I'd probably see the movie on blu-ray anyway.

Blofeld events a deaging ray, sending all the MI6 firm back to being teens.
    I can see Tanner as a Goth, Moneypenny as a moody teen ...... ;)

Moneypenny would be the nerdy high school girl who obviously works for the School's newspaper.
    Tanner as Goth is ok though.
    M would be the jock.
    Q, well he's in nappies...
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    With Craig there was an opportunity to dress/beef him up, despite initial impressions being unfavourable for some.

Bell? I'm sorry, but there's nothing that can be done here imho, unless they're going to do some CGI height and build enhancements like they did to Rogers in First Avenger - Cap America.
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Yeah but Bell just takes it to a whole new level. Guarantee you that Craig would not be Bond if it wasn't for Layer Cake.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    According to 'The Hollywood Reporter' 'Heigl is attached', while DC has not officially signed onto the film, but 'has an offer, with negotiations expected to commence shortly.'

The only mention of Bond by THR is 'Craig is not expected to return to the James Bond franchise.' Nothing about Bell or Babs.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Im willing to put good money on the fact that Eon know what their doing wait and see .
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Im willing to put good money on the fact that Eon know what their doing wait and see .
    You're a far more confident man than me, although if there's a new actor, I have more confidence we'll get something interesting next time out.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    According to 'The Hollywood Reporter' 'Heigl is attached', while DC has not officially signed onto the film, but 'has an offer, with negotiations expected to commence shortly.'

The only mention of Bond by THR is 'Craig is not expected to return to the James Bond franchise.' Nothing about Bell or Babs.

And they are basing this based on the wrist slashing comments.
    Craig was a very different beast compared to his five predecessors we had become accustomed to. That said, Bell would be a major step down. But these are all moot points (like I said, Babs isn't that stupid).