No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Where's MGW?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The title of this thread is misleading.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    Babs needs to retire if she has serious ideas about Jamie ******* Bell. She needs to get real and sign either Turner or Fassbender. Rumour central = bad for my heart.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    According to 'The Hollywood Reporter' 'Heigl is attached', while DC has not officially signed onto the film, but 'has an offer, with negotiations expected to commence shortly.'

The only mention of Bond by THR is 'Craig is not expected to return to the James Bond franchise.' Nothing about Bell or Babs.

And they are basing this based on the wrist slashing comments.
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    "Daniel Craig can't be Bond! He's blonde, and doesn't look the part at all!"

Yeah but Bell just takes it to a whole new level. Guarantee you that Craig would not be Bond if it wasn't for Layer Cake.

True. And like I posted above, Jamie has just done a film where he plays an SAS soldier, which might go a long way to showing he can do "toughness" etc. Could be a case of the right film coming out just at the right time, like Layer Cake.

I just remembered his role in "Nymphomaniac" too! Very sinister bastard in that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Where is this proof that Bell is being considered? Are people that gullible?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    According to 'The Hollywood Reporter' 'Heigl is attached', while DC has not officially signed onto the film, but 'has an offer, with negotiations expected to commence shortly.'

The only mention of Bond by THR is 'Craig is not expected to return to the James Bond franchise.' Nothing about Bell or Babs.

Reading about that movie, shouldn't Daniel Craig and Channing Tatum be playing the brothers? I don't know how Adam Driver would come from the same gene pool as Tatum!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    I wonder if Bond would agree with a woman being in charge over his fate, choice of actor wise. No I did not smoke weed before I came up with this question.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,492
    Murdock wrote: »

Deadline confirmed that it was discussed between Barbara and Jamie. Deadline isn't Daily Mail, either, so when they say they confirmed it, it's confirmed.

Creasy47 wrote: »

Deadline confirmed that it was discussed between Barbara and Jaime. Deadline isn't Daily Mail, either, so when they say they confirmed it, it's confirmed.

Link?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Deadline confirmed that it was discussed between Barbara and Jaime. Deadline isn't Daily Mail, either, so when they say they confirmed it, it's confirmed.

Link?

deadline.com/2016/05/daniel-craig-steven-soderbergh-logan-lucky-bond-questions-1201763020/

Read back a page or two. Deadline.com , an actual reputable industry website confirms it, which carries far more weight than the Daily Fail saying Piddleston is the favorite.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Where's MGW?
    Taking it easy for a change I hope and enjoying the decent weather taking some pictures and working out how to get the next film made .
    Wasn't Barbara an avid fan of Elba? The woman is out of her mind considering these guy.
    I never believe any online press if it's not from EON directly. They probably asked him to be Dinbigh's lost cousin or something.
    I never believe any online press if it's not from EON directly. They probably asked him to be Dinbigh's lost cousin or something.

Fair enough, it's just that Deadline isn't the likes of other online rags, so I'd bet money that they've probably met and discussed the role, which is very disconcerting considering he's one of the last few actors I'd elect for the role, but who knows how it'll turn out if it comes to fruition.
    Although not knowing the script, perhaps there is a part for a young actor. The son
    Of a villain or some one for Bond to be a father figure to ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    GideonBond wrote: »
    Wasn't Barbara an avid fan of Elba? The woman is out of her mind considering these guy.
    I think it was Amy Pascal who was Elba's fangirl.

Seriously, even if it was confirmed that Bell and Barbara "discussed" the Bond role, what does this even mean? It's not like he is a serious candidate.
    Lot of denial in here about Jamie! Just like people were in denial about Daniel in 2005. "Oh it won't be him, he's short, blonde, and doesn't look like Bond, of course it's gonna be Clive Owen, relax, the Daily Mail says so". LOL.

I'm kidding. A little bit. I'd prefer a lot of other contenders than Jamie Bell. But that thing everyone's doing, the HELL NO reactions? That's what I feel anytime someone mentions Piddleston.
    I'd take Gillian Anderson over Jamie Bell as Bond ! :))
    You mate have more neck than the standard giraffe
    Been here about a week and have given us sixty or so posts
    And in your last two posts you have been lest that polite about Barbara
    About time you employed some sort of self filter and mind what you post after all you are old enough to know better.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thank you to whoever updated the thread title.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I'd take Gillian Anderson over Jamie Bell as Bond ! :))

How about one plays someone with surname James, and the other surname Bond, and its a buddy cop movie. In 2016, that should be allowed, shouldn't it?
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think it was Amy Pascal who was Elba's fangirl.

Seriously, even if it was confirmed that Bell and Barbara "discussed" the Bond role, what does this even mean? It's not like he is a serious candidate.

It seems both Pascal and Broccoli have a thing for dark chocolate...

comicbook.com/2015/03/29/bond-producers-think-idris-elba-would-make-a-great-james-bond/

As for Bell, it sounds like a joke to me.
    You mate have more neck than the standard giraffe
    Been here about a week and have given us sixty or so posts
    And in your last two posts you have been lest that polite about Barbara
    About time you employed some sort of self filter and mind what you post after all you are old enough to know better.

Do you own this website? I didn't think so. Also, we live in Europe "mate'. Freedom of speech type of thing. I would tell Barbara exactly the same if she would be standing in front of me, has nothing to do with a filter. Both Bell and Elba are miles away from the character created by the master himself, Ian Fleming. I am loyal to Fleming, no one else. Get off that high horse of yours.

You're welcome. Coincidentally, when I hopped on a bit earlier, I saw a ton of new posts for this thread, so when I saw the title of him joining another movie, I got excited over the prospect of him officially being cast in his fifth Bond installment already.

You're welcome. Coincidentally, when I hopped on a bit earlier, I saw a ton of new posts for this thread, so when I saw the title of him joining another movie, I got excited over the prospect of him officially being cast in his fifth Bond installment already.
    That would be ideal. Sorry for misleading you.
    @jake24, no worries! Figured I'd edit it up a little bit to make it more clear, hope you don't mind. Feel free to alter it accordingly since it's your thread.
    No filter there then !.