No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    My apologies yes I am 6ft :)

No apology is necessary friend.
    :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm only 1.829 meters. ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Height aside Jamie Bell just doesn't look like James Bond. I can't see it.

Daniel Craig pre CR, you can definitely see it -- he had the rugged looks, but he was masculine.
    layer-cake-body.png

Here is Jamie in a more badass role:
    6-days-jamie-bell.jpg
    6-days-image-1.jpg

Anyway, Michael Fassbender would be such a superior choice.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Height aside Jamie Bell just doesn't look like James Bond. I can't see it.

Daniel Craig pre CR, you can definitely see it -- he had the rugged looks, but he was masculine.
    layer-cake-body.png

Here is Jamie in a more badass role:
    6-days-jamie-bell.jpg
    6-days-image-1.jpg

Anyway, Michael Fassbender would be such a superior choice.

Agreed ..I think BB has forgotten whom Bond is ...if indeed that is where this headed.

I always thought McClory would kill Bond not the Broccolis

• edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Joking aside Fassbender is my top choice, maybe they should offer him that rumoured $100 million dollars allegedly offered to Craig if Craig is indeed out. They need to bust a gut to get Fassbender, he is maybe the only actor being touted as a potential Bond who will hit the ground running. A few weeks ago I thought they probably would not get him though with his current contract with Xmen ended correct me if wrong, and Fassbender making films like Assasins Creed. Maybe Fassbender will be open to Bond?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @mcdonbb (and to others similarly inclined), how about you wait to judge Barbara with a flaming gavel when you have actual proof of anything she's doing right now, instead of casting marks against her character and insinuating rather brazenly just what kind of person she is with not a leg to stand on? Deal? Great.

This kind of stuff bred the Salem witch trials, folks. Cool the rampant and savage speculation about people you don't know until you have actual proof of anything. And don't throw Barbara into the water to see if she floats either; that won't help us at any stage.
    =D> Well said @OBradyMOBondfanatic7 Barbara has ( in my opinion) along with
    Michael guided Cubby's legacy very well over the years, I think we can give her some
    respect, that she knows what she's doing.
    Michael guided Cubby's legacy very well over the years, I think we can give her some
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You must really agree with him, @Thunderpussy. :D
    @mcdonbb (and to others similarly inclined), how about you wait to judge Barbara with a flaming gavel when you have actual proof of anything she's doing right now, instead of casting marks against her character and insinuating rather brazenly just what kind of person she is with not a leg to stand on? Deal? Great.

This kind of stuff bred the Salem witch trials, folks. Cool the rampant and savage speculation about people you don't know until you have actual proof of anything. And don't throw Barbara into the water to see if she floats either; that won't help us at any stage.

It's a free forum... besides I didn't accuse ...read it. I asked has she...

We are all waiting to see.
    Sorry about that, I don't know what happened, I seemed to lose connection
    and in frustration must have hit send a few times :\"> it's the election all
    over again, voted three times then as well. ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I like Jamie Bell but not for Bond and sorry if I'm rude now but has anybody noticed Jamie's ears??!
    Well @Pierce2Daniel did say he reminded him of a young farmer.
    I'm the customer I have a right to complain.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Well, if its true that DC is finally gone, hopefully that means things will move quicker from now on.

With Hiddleston as 007 (sorry couldn't resist)

Actually i would be happy with any of the following four options

1. Craig returns for 1-2 more
    2. Hiddleston signs on and does 4-5 films
    3. Hardy signs on for 4-5 films
    4. Fassbender signs on for 3-4 films

Okay, I'm curious... Why would you be happy with Hiddleston or Hardy doing 4-5, and Fassbender 3-4? Because you like Fassbender less to the extent that it would amount to a one less movie, you think he'd get boring 1 movie earlier or something? :)

HASEROT wrote: »
    right now, his schedule does not conflict at all with production of Bond 25.

Yes. It's weird how there suddenly seems to be this idea that Bond actors can't or shouldn't do other work, that it's somehow bad or takes away from their commitment to Bond. I think doing other work is good, and it's also what actors normally do as well. 3 years between Bond movies would easily allow time to do several other (smaller) movies, so why not a play, a movie and a tv series.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think Craig tries to focus his mind as much as possible away from Bond, so he can approach any possible new Bond film with a fresher mind. He´s wasting his time, if you ask me. He should do some decent Bond films, and then retire on a horse farm with the billions they pay him.

Fresher mind with Bond sounds like a good idea, so... how is he wasting his time?

Fassbender I like but don't see him sticking around past 4 films

Okay. I'm sure you have your reasons to think the other two would be likely to stick around longer. My guess is that Hardy would suffer with the media circus side of the job most. Though I know even less about the other two than him, so I might be entirely wrong as well.
    One of the reasons I think Hiddleston is a perfect contender for Bond, is that he
    is so relaxed and seems to enjoy the interviews and publicity circus which
    accompanies film making.
    So like Sir Roger and Pierce he would be brilliant at helping to sell Bond. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    One of the reasons I think Hiddleston is a perfect contender for Bond, is that he
    accompanies film making.

Meanwhile Turner is charging $25 per autograph. I'm not one to pass judgment on an actor I haven't seen in anything, but he comes off as a prick if true.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/aidan-turner-cashes-poldark-fame-7985607
    If true, that sounds very sad. :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,492
    If it wasn't for this forum, I'd probably have no idea who Turner is. Haven't heard of 'Poldark,' either.

Still need to finish the final episode of 'The Night Manager,' though I thought Hiddleston was pretty great in the role. I really don't know how he'd handle Bond unless he was cast, though. Same goes for just about any actor; I have ideas and I can picture them in a tux saying the infamous line and whatnot, but that's not the same thing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm happy to hear all points of view, and quite frankly, I'd rather see people make comments about Barbara or Craig or whomever than the alternative of seeing members getting heated, testy and short with each other here. We're all friends hopefully and can appreciate other's points of view, even if we don't agree with them.
    To be honest a heated but respectful argument, can be fun. ;)
    To be honest a heated but respectful argument, can be fun. ;)
    I'm ok with it as long as someone doesn't use it as a mechanism to get a member they don't agree with banned or whatever. I've seen too much of that here over the years.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,081
    accompanies film making.

Those are very different things, though. Many people are perfectly fine with the interviews, but not with the circus. For instance Hardy doesn't normally even do talk shows - the other two of those mentioned do. (Talk shows are not much about the movies, so I consider them on the circus side, too.) And then there's the increased tabloid/paparazzi interest and all that. I wouldn't say the circus necessarily accompanies film making - most of the circus can be successfully avoided by those who choose to - but couldn't possibly be avoided by anyone in the Bond role. (Heck, I don't know if, for instance, not doing talk show circuit would even be an option.)

But I completely agree with the general idea in your comment. (I say "general idea" since I can't comment on Hiddleston due to not having watched his interviews.)

You should check out his many dancing videos on you tube. :D
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Hiddle is a great dancer. He will need to tone that down, I would think, if he is to get the gig.

We don't want someone leveling the 'fey' charge against him, as was allegedly done against Jackman before Craig was cast for CR.
    Dancing videos? Oh... A showman, then?
    To be honest, more like an uncle at a wedding. :D
    hqdefault.jpg
    I see...