No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

To be honest Hiddleston uses a few of my moves. For years I was known
    As the dancing fool, ........... after a while they dropped the dancing part. ;)

Unlike some actors who come across as uncomfortable in Interviews
    Hiddleston, has loads of stories and impressions. ( also on you tube )
    He obviously understands the business.

I'm sure actors in general understand the business well enough. :)

Impressions I generally don't care about, but stories can be great. Some people I could listen to all day telling their stories.

Being uncomfortable in interviews often has something to do with interviewers as well - some people doing interviews on red carpets, in junkets, etc. are terrible, and I can't understand how they or indeed some talk show hosts got their jobs in the first place. Or it can depend on situations in general; same people can be uncomfortable in certain types of interviews and not the others. Some improve at it over time when they become more relaxed and comfortable with media and fame. I can't think of anyone right now who to me seems generally uncomfortable in interviews, but I imagine some can be. But I also dislike too much reliance on showmanship, it makes me feel the person is not genuine and is trying too hard.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/new-hames-bond/#more-356246

This article states that whether discussions are serious or not, its unconfirmed.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Still...if BB talks to Jamie only God knows who else she will favour. Maybe Daniel Radcliffe? Do we know if she's a Potter fan?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,490
    http://www.slashfilm.com/new-hames-bond/#more-356246

This article states that whether discussions are serious or not, its unconfirmed.

They cite many different sources in that article, so take what they are saying/speculating with a grain of salt. Deadline isn't like the other rags out there, so as I've said, if they've confirmed something, it's confirmed.

EDIT: The article states what Deadline states - that they met and discussed the role - but that it's unconfirmed IF the talks or serious or not, not that they didn't happen.
    This story is worldwide now on a level last seen when Craig made those wrist slashing remarks.
    The fact they are currently working on a film together blurs the issue I think, I would be surprised if the topic of Bond did not crop up in general conversation at least... Its Barbara Brocolli in front of you. Looking at it logically, BB would no doubt look at the suitability of any actor BB met to a point.
    I doubt she's throwing out the idea to any and every actor she meets, but either way, whether it was a meeting taking place just so they could discuss Bond, or if it was something else entirely and the role of Bond got brought up, it's been talked about, at least, which says a lot.
    I so hope you are right!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Even if it's about another film, if they get along, there's a higher chance potentially that he gets cast in some role in the next Bond film. Perhaps the next 'Q' (I'm waiting for the backlash from the Whishaw lovers)?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I doubt she's throwing out the idea to any and every actor she meets, but either way, whether it was a meeting taking place just so they could discuss Bond, or if it was something else entirely and the role of Bond got brought up, it's been talked about, at least, which says a lot.

YES! Finally the first little rustle of movement.
    I mean, we know that they aren't going to plan numerous movies in advance, so if she is discussing the role with other actors and that's finally confirmed, that can only mean it looks rather unlikely (or has been confirmed behind the scenes) that Craig isn't returning, which means they're spending the time looking for new actors for 'Bond 25' while the whole buyer situation gets sorted out, since they can't make any real progress on the series anyway until then.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I mean, we know that they aren't going to plan numerous movies in advance, so if she is discussing the role with other actors and that's finally confirmed, that can only mean it looks rather unlikely (or has been confirmed behind the scenes) that Craig isn't returning, which means they're spending the time looking for new actors for 'Bond 25' while the whole buyer situation gets sorted out, since they can't make any real progress on the series anyway until then.
    This is my view as well. It only makes sense at this stage of the game.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If Barbara sees every actor as a possible candidate, she will lose her mind. I heard she was impressed recently by an actor from Ireland... until MGW reminded her that this actor actually was Bond 14 years ago.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I liked that. :D
    If anything they need a contingency plan, they have screen tested actors in the past when a current Bond actor may not have returned, only for the existing Bond to stay on.
    If Barbara sees every actor as a possible candidate, she will lose her mind. I heard she was impressed recently by an actor from Ireland... until MGW reminded her that this actor actually was Bond 14 years ago.
    I clearly stated to a point, its quite obvious what I meant.
    Keep Whishaw. At last he would't be the shortest one on the team anymore.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I clearly stated to a point, its quite obvious what I meant.

I was just making a joke on the topic of the last few posts. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    From the showbox movie news app ( posted for fun not accuracy )
    The last week saw conflicting reports on whether or not Daniel Craig was planning to return for another turn as James Bond. First, Craig was reported to have ruled out another turn in the 007 tux. This report alleged the actor turned down a considerable payday as well, forgoing nearly $100 million dollars to play the suave super spy for two more films. A day later, the news was followed by another report that suggested, despite some public and matter-of-fact statements on not wanting to return to the role, the actor had made no such decision and might still consider coming back for another Bond film.

As is the case when things like this happen, casting suggestions have been volleyed from every corner of the Internet, with such non-Craig possibilities as Idris Elba and even Gillian Anderson getting their fair share of attention. So far, the most solid option seems to be Tom Hiddleston, especially following his recent turn in the spy-thriller The Night Manager, but now a new contestant has entered the ring, and it is an unlikely one a that, with Fantastic Four star Jamie Bell confirmed to have spoken to Bond producers.

According to Deadline, Bell “has discussed the Bond role” with Barbara Broccoli, whose family has produced all canonical Bond films since 1962’s Dr. No, and who is also the producer of Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool, in which Bell is playing the lead. The talks between the actor and producer had been “widely reported,” but Deadline has stated the talks have now been confirmed. Adding fuel to the fire is the recent casting of Craig in Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming heist film Logan Lucky, which is in addition to his appearing in the television adaptation of Jonathan Franzen’s Purity.

Bell is perhaps best known for his starring role in the crowdpleaser Billy Elliot from 2000, but since then he has had starring or co-starring roles in several films, such as Doug Liman’s Jumper, the animated The Adventures of Tintin, and Joon-ho Bong’s Snowpiercer alongside Chris Evans. Bell was most recently in last year’s ill-fated Fantastic Four film and is currently starring in season 3 of AMC’s Turn.

Bell is far from the most intuitive choice. He’s not quite a movie star, nor is he particularly established either as a leading man or in the action-adventure genre. Should Bell play the part, he would tie George Lazenby as the youngest 007 ever; Sean Connery was 32 when he started, while Craig was 38. Hiddleston, the other would-be Bond, is 35; should either he or Bell be cast, they could conceivably play the role for a long time.

Then again, it’s far from a sure thing that Bell will end up playing the role. It’s not known how high-level or serious the talks were, nor have plans for the next Bond film progressed especially far yet. Not only has the next Bond not yet been chosen (nor is Craig completely out of the running at this point), but there isn’t even a director or a script in place for the next film.

There is no scheduled release date for the 25th James Bond film, but stay tuned here for news on when Craig or a new 007 is cast ;)
    Hiddleston has discussed the role, as well, says "a source":

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/27/exclusive-tom-hiddleston-in-talks-for-bond-25
    The upside to all this is, by the time Bond 25 hits the theaters Jamie Bell will be 38.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    They lost me at Fantastic Four in that posted article. That says it all, I think.
  • RC7RC7
    Jamie Bell hasn't been in to EON to discuss Bond. Fact. Move on people.
    Sadly, Births.Deaths.Movies have a terrific track-record and are known to provide valid scoops. I believe it was them who revealed Mark Ruffolo's Hulk returning in Thor 3 and numerous other DC and Marvel exclusives.

This is possibly the worst news for me. Hiddleston is too effeminate and fey for the masculine and rugged Bond. However, his hiring would seemingly allude to the series' new direction.

It seems Eon want to go back to the more frivolous and fun romps. Maybe they are trying to do something akin to the recent onslaught of Marvel films, which inject plenty of heart but with an emphasis on the humour. In some senses, I wouldn't mind that. I can imagine someone like Edgar Wright directing Hiddleston as Bond.

I suppose I could imagine Hiddleston as an upper-class English man who just happens to be able to kick ass (maybe not a millions worlds away from Colin Firth in 'Kingsman' or Jude Law in last year's 'Spy').

He just isn't my cup of tea. Firstly, I hate his hair (I know it's trivial). Secondly, I feel the series has more success chasing after more working-class actors and then cultivating them to be gentlemen. There's a great synergy in bringing men like Connery and Craig and having them play the upper-crust Bond. It shouldn't work, but it does. The thought of an actual toff doesn't sit well with me.

6e14d388jw1e9ru66a8o9j21kw11y7iq.jpg
    There was always going to be a change in direction if a new actor. They always do that. Assuming it's Hiddles, it's predictable (like Brosnan was predictable) but I think he can do wonders with the role. Versatile chap. He'll have to stop dancing, as I said before, to avoid the 'fey' remarks.

Let's see. We won't know for sure for a long time probably.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,110
    Sadly, Births.Deaths.Movies a terrific track-record and are known to provide valid scoops. I believe it was them who revealed Mark Ruffolo's Hulk returning in Thor 3 and numerous other DC and Marvel exclusives.

This is possibly the worst news for me. Hiddleston is too effeminate and fey for the masculine and rugged Bond. However, his hiring would seemingly allude to the series' new direction.

It seems Eon want to go back to the more frivolous and fun romps. Maybe they are trying to do something akin to the recent onslaught of Marvel films, which inject plenty of heart but with an emphasis on the humour. In some senses, I wouldn't mind that. I can imagine someone like Edgar Wright directing Hiddleston as Bond.

I suppose I could imagine Hiddleston as an upper-class English man who just happens to be able to kick ass (maybe not a millions worlds away from Colin Firth in 'Kingsman' or Jude Law in last year's 'Spy').

He just isn't my cup of tea. Firstly, I hate his hair (I know it's trivial). Secondly, I feel the series has more success chasing after more working-class actors and then cultivating them to be gentlemen. There's a great synergy in bringing men like Connery and Craig and having them play the upper-crust Bond. It shouldn't work, but it does. The thought of an actual toff doesn't sit well with me.

6e14d388jw1e9ru66a8o9j21kw11y7iq.jpg

I 100% agree with this. The hair comment really struck a chord with me. No one else seems mention it.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Connery was bald gentlemen, and wigs/toupees have moved on quite a bit from then, so nothing to worry about.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Connery was bald gentleman, and wigs/toupees have moved on quite a bit from then, so nothing to worry about.

I highly doubt they would make him wear a toupee.
    It'll be Jamie Bell you'll see. Which is kind of amusing if they keep Fiennes as M.
    M will have to look down to talk to Bond :)) Q as well.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Connery was bald gentleman, and wigs/toupees have moved on quite a bit from then, so nothing to worry about.

I highly doubt they would make him wear a toupee.
    True, but hair can be CGI'd in these days. Not to worry on that front. The dancing though....different matter, much as I like it.