No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I know this is random, but I just came across a poll on Instagram, and 87% of people said they want Daniel to return after Bond 25. I don’t think anyone is losing their interest in him, except of course for a few on this forum.

But how many of them voted they wanted to see me play the next Bond? That's what really counts.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I know this is random, but I just came across a poll on Instagram, and 87% of people said they want Daniel to return after Bond 25. I don’t think anyone is losing their interest in him, except of course for a few on this forum.

Not surprising... when you speak to your buddy at work tomorrow, ask if s/he thinks DC is too old to play Bond and retire for the next film...

... I'm guessing-- of those that watch Bond-- they think of him as 007 and will want him back (and they want him back despite the chorus of...-- "but I thought he'd slash his wrists"... )

and that goes back to what has been said previously: Babs has been looking and considering-- but no one impressed the top brass.

DC is king as Bond. And (speculation on my part), this is why they brought him back (and; ain't about money. He's taking a 50% cut, so I ask: would you, no matter how much you love your jobs, take a 50% pay cut??? DC can survive on residuals from Bond; his future TV show(S);... being a character actor. He does not need a pay-cut in his life; he doesnt need to bust his ass in the gym; kept from his (now growing) family... Unless... (shock) he also wants to come back to kick ass as James Bond one last time. Think about it... He just doesn't need this in any way-- not financially, not critically........)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    peter wrote: »

Not surprising... when you speak to your buddy at work tomorrow, ask if s/he thinks DC is too old to play Bond and retire for the next film...

... I'm guessing-- of those that watch Bond-- they think of him as 007 and will want him back (and they want him back despite the chorus of...-- "but I thought he'd slash his wrists"... )

and that goes back to what has been said previously: Babs has been looking and considering-- but no one impressed the top brass.

DC is king as Bond. And (speculation on my part), this is why they brought him back (and; ain't about money. He's taking a 50% cut, so I ask: would you, no matter how much you love your jobs, take a 50% pay cut??? DC can survive on residuals from Bond; his future TV show(S);... being a character actor. He does not need a pay-cut in his life; he doesnt need to bust his ass in the gym; kept from his (now growing) family... Unless... (shock) he also wants to come back to kick ass as James Bond one last time. Think about it... He just doesn't need this in any way-- not financially, not critically........)

Indeed, people like him. The thunderous applause he received on Colbert, announcing his return, illustrated this. I think it is possible that DC will take over as exec producer for Babs and Michael. I am NOT predicting this, but it is a possibilty, given that DC is spending a lot of time behind the scenes in development. He certainly is doing more of that than acting.
    When it comes to the gunbarrel, I only have one wish: PLEASE do NOT use part of the Bond theme that can be heard in these gunbarell scenes when the blood starts dripping down: TND, TWINE or Spectre. It sounds awful!

This, this or this is how the gunbarell theme should sound like after Bond fires his gun.

Doesn’t TND use the wrong part of the theme at the start also?

RC7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    This, this or this is how the gunbarell theme should sound like after Bond fires his gun.
    Along with FYEO I have to say these are my favourite GB music compositions.
    FYEO and LALD are decent but LTK and GE are terrible. GE in particular sounds like a chimp banging an oil drum with a spade. That's not the Bond theme.

Panchito is correct though about TND and TWINE being completely the wrong part of the theme but FRWL, GF and DAF are the real go to GB themes with the guitar twang turned up to 11.

I’ve a soft spot for GE, but it’s a nostalgic thing, beyond that I agree. DAF probably my favourite.

I like GE a lot too. It’s a fresh arrangement without changing the structure of it. FYEO is very punchy, as is DAF.
    I wake up see 80 new responses and nothing new ...... ok
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I wake up see 80 new responses and nothing new ...... ok
    C'est la vie.
    re: gunbarrel. My view has evolved. I think the change originally reflected how Broccoli & Wilson wanted to put the stamp of it now being "their" series. In the end, I suspect they probably should have stuck it on the end of SPECTRE. Maybe then, Craig wouldn't have been swinging his arm so wildly to show he was carrying a gun.

Your mileage may vary.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Well, that was consciously done. I actually love the fact the handgun is openly shown as Bond strides across screen. Shouldn't be every time, to me that kind of variation and confidence is welcome.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Well this thread went completely silent for the longest time

Refreshing, really.
    Shhhh you will scare away the news
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Shhhh you will scare away the news

Too late.
    Well now we have to wait another 24 hours
    Unless things leak ahead of time, I don’t think we’ll be getting much more interesting new info until December. Maybe a few tidbits but probably nothing much.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Unless things leak ahead of time, I don’t think we’ll be getting much more interesting new info until December. Maybe a few tidbits but probably nothing much.
    If they start filming in December, we will get TONS of new info starting September the latest: locations, casting, news about the crew, more story rumours.
    I am now convinced we won't get the official announcement on director and distributor until June or July and if I were a betting man I say the release date will be pushed back to December 1st 2019
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    God this thread is depressing lol.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This will clear up those forum blues. ;)
    giphy.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Murdock: always has great timing...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Murdock wrote: »
    giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14738-1380640641-0.gif
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Murdock wrote: »
    giphy.gif

#metoo
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bumping the thread during quiet periods with comments like these is what we want to avoid.
    Very sorry @jake24 last thing I wanted to do was get everyone buggered up again
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No worries.
    Don't want to disturb this thread again but apparently someone commented this on cashley's reddit post.

Jolie is apparently in London this weekend. Something to keep an eye on.
    Don't want to disturb this thread again but apparently someone commented this on cashley's reddit post.

Her next movie, Maleficient 2 is being filmed in the UK right now.

Her next movie, Maleficient 2 is being filmed in the UK right now.

Oh I see well perhaps she's filming maleficent 2 and having bond 25 talks at the same time?
    God if Jolie is the villain of Bond 25 I will be disappointed

We go from great actors like Mads Milkessen Matheu Armac Javier Bardem and Christop Waltz to Angelina Jolie

That casting reeks of the Brosnan Era
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    God if Jolie is the villain of Bond 25 I will be disappointed

We go from great actors like Mads Milkessen Matheu Armac Javier Bardem and Christop Waltz to Angelina Jolie

That casting reeks of the Brosnan Era
    It's more the #MeToo era my friend. ;)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the rumour for now. It's only come from one source, who has amended his comments several times based on new information as it arises.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The only information we will get before December is stuff we already know. All will be revealed in a big Christmas hamper.