No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Gosh, this starvation of official news is causing rats to eat other rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who will be the last rat standing, that's the question? As long as I don't get a knife in the back I'll be ok I suppose.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    "I don't think any of them want to be worshiped at the altar"

I don't know about the other two, @bondjames, but I wouldn't mind being worshipped at the altar. Sounds quite nice.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    well it looks like one rat just got kicked out
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    00Agent wrote: »
    Yes.
    Back on topic, everyone.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Shame. I'm sure there will be many who are happy about it (and some who have been encouraging it for some time), but it was unnecessary in my view. The setup was visible for some time, at least to me.
    ----

@peter, given what just transpired, I'll promise to do my best, but I'm afraid I'm not a religious man. Hopefully I'll be spared a similar fate.
    Put me down for the altar as well.

@bondjames ? FETCH MY SHOES !!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    What just transpired?

edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Are you an insider @barryt007?

I'm afraid worship is only reserved for the privileged few with special knowledge which they can convey from up on high. You've got to walk on water first.

Show me you're worthy!! Give me some inside news I can work with! We're starved for it here.
    peter wrote: »
    What just transpired?
    nosolace has been banned.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited May 2018 Posts: 292
    bondjames wrote: »
    Did the Eon executives move to Pinewood yet? They were supposed to begin pre-production sometime in May 2018.
    I notice your pertinent question hasn't been answered yet. I'm curious to know as well.

I recall reading somewhere (and again, it must have been here) that they were ready to start in April.

What if Bond HQ always has some element of office space within Pinewood.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Did the Eon executives move to Pinewood yet? They were supposed to begin pre-production sometime in May 2018.
    I notice your pertinent question hasn't been answered yet. I'm curious to know as well.

I recall reading somewhere (and again, it must have been here) that they were ready to start in April.

Thank you. Are you saying they do have it or they may?
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 3,333
    I agree @bondsum, we shouldn't downplay industry perspective from insiders. However, if I may say, I have seen those same members intersperse their knowledge with 'opinion'. I have also seen that opinion to be 'incorrect' on occasion here over the years, as I'm sure they will all acknowledge, as humble members.
    I've taken the liberty of editing your post @bondjames. I guess there would be no point to any of the people I mentioned coming here if they did not offer an opinion on something. After all, that's the nature of the beast. I'm not perfect either as I've gone medieval on a few members here in the past. Some do bring out the worse in us. That said, I'm willing to listen to what these members have to say, rather than climbing up on my high horse and going into battle. Thing is, we're now going to get half-a-dozen pages worth of members going on about "I came here to read some news, but all I see is angry voices" when the best thing is not to say anything more on the matter. By adding their comment, they're keeping it nicely stewing. So, on that particular note, I respectively withdraw from making any further comments on the matter.
  • RC7RC7

Of course they do. I’ve said this on numerous occasions.
    RC7 wrote: »

Of course they do. I’ve said this on numerous occasions.
    Thanks. The original question also pertained to pre-production. Are we officially in that phase now to your knowledge? Effective May?
    Looks like @noSolaceleft has indeed left.

He was cut off.............permanently.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Thank you for banning that loony.

Thanks @CatchingBullets. That's positive news I like to read.
    Thank you for banning that loony.

Indeed.

@noSolaceleft , the good Colonel sends his regards, and this message: "How pathetic - u can tell him, if u like, I have associates connected to Boyle and Bond 25,
    and the forum may have benefited or enjoyed some of the stuff I hear, but not now or ever."

How do I know this to be true? Well I know at least one of the associates he's talking about (Colonel is working on projects with them; and one of them just recently took one of my scripts).

I know who Colonel is, and you just may too, if you actually watch films; I know what projects he's worked on, and I have read his upcoming projects. He's the real deal, very talented. Loaded with experience, @noSolaceleft, but also very humble.

All of these attributes-- talented, experienced, humble-- are things, I will suggest, you should really work on.
    I'm sure the Colonel is loaded with experience, but he certainly isn't humble. In fact, every time he posted a comment, he sounds like the single most pompous person in the history of Great Britain. And based on that message you passed along, it doesn't seem he has changed. Anyway, the Colonel has left the building a long time ago. Can we move on?
    Footnote: MGM in its financial report yesterday reported it spent about $15 million ($15.362 million to be precise) on severance for its ex-CEO, Gary Barber.

Only question during Q&A came from a persistent investor who wanted to know how the management-by-committee system was working. The investor wasn't satisfied.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Well it's once again thursday and maybe this time baz will drop another bond 25 scoop tonight
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Gosh, this starvation of official news is causing rats to eat other rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who will be the last rat standing, that's the question? As long as I don't get a knife in the back I'll be ok I suppose.

Me
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,756
    @noSolaceleft , the good Colonel sends his regards, and this message: "How pathetic - u can tell him, if u like, I have associates connected to Boyle and Bond 25,
    and the forum may have benefited or enjoyed some of the stuff I hear, but not now or ever."

How do I know this to be true? Well I know at least one of the associates he's talking about (Colonel is working on projects with them; and one of them just recently took one of my scripts).

I know who Colonel is, and you just may too, if you actually watch films; I know what projects he's worked on, and I have read his upcoming projects. He's the real deal, very talented. Loaded with experience, @noSolaceleft, but also very humble.

All of these attributes-- talented, experienced, humble-- are things, I will suggest, you should really work on.
    I'm sure the Colonel is loaded with experience, but he certainly isn't humble. In fact, every time he posted a comment, he sounds like the single most pompous person in the history of Great Britain. And based on that message you passed along, it doesn't seem he has changed. Anyway, the Colonel has left the building a long time ago. Can we move on?

Colonel might have some insider knowledge but if he's going to shoehorn the whole forum as toxic because of a few select people, I'd rather wait the extra months for news.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I'm not going to drag this out, but feel the need to address this: I know you two butted heads, @PanchitoPistoles.

I'm speaking on a personal and private level: the man's been straight up the goods. Very funny/honest. He has accomplished a lot in his life thus far and, yes, is very humble (which often isn't a trait you'd associate with many successful people in show-biz). He's proud, of course, but I wouldn't confuse pride with humility...

I'm sorry you can't see it from this perspective.
    I've been missing out on what's been happening in this thread the past couple days.
    We have an insider on the forum? I'll just browse back a few pages............

On a positive note, I'd say as far as a lack of news, it's a matter of perspective.

Two years ago we had absolutely nothing. A new Bond film seemed light years away. Now we have Craig confirmed, Boyle pretty much set in stone, and the legendary Vic Armstrong back in action again. Not to mention a release date that's just over a year and half away.

That said, I'm as guilty as anyone of bringing negativity regarding B25 to this thread. I constantly gripe about the Craig gun-barrels, the now traditional 4 year gaps, the gun-barrel again, and corner the writers have painted themselves in with SPECTRE.

Oh, I also b**ch about the Craig era gun-barrels.

I think as we get closer to the end of the year with production about to commence I hope we feel a bit better.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I constantly gripe about the Craig gun-barrels, the now traditional 4 year gaps, the gun-barrel again, and corner the writers have painted themselves in with SPECTRE.

Oh, I also b**ch about the Craig era gun-barrels.
    Even Germanlady herself can't defend this aspect of the Craig era. Travesties the lot of them.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think as we get closer to the end of the year with production about to commence I hope we feel a bit better.
    My expectations of B25 are low to be sure but once the trailer lands I daresay I might start to raise my optimism.

But nothing and nobody will convince me until I actually see it on the screen that they won't cock the gunbarrel up again.

The gunbarrel is the least of their problems imho.
    Yet so easy to fix but it appears utterly beyond them.
    Yet so easy to fix but it appears utterly beyond them.
    True. I can only imagine that they feel compelled to fiddle with it because of the Craig era. It's a symbol of the experimental nature of what we're going through. I'm pretty sure we'll see something unusual in the next film too.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 12,837
    I agree, it's beyond a joke now. I doubt most of the audience cares so at this point I'm starting to think they keep messing with it solely to wind us lot up. There's always something wrong with it now. Every time.

It's been nearly 20 years since we had a normal, proper gunbarrel with no needless additions at the beginning of the film. Although to be fair their depriving of it has sort of worked. I would have been bitching and moaning on here about the SP one twenty years ago but I was actually sort of thankful for it after the shambles of QoS/SF (can't believe they cocked it up again on the 50th anniversary film).
    I agree, it's beyond a joke now. I doubt most of the audience cares so at this point I'm starting to think they keep messing with it solely to wind us lot up. There's always something wrong with it now. Every time.
    That's a very good point. Guaranteed the public aren't even aware of it at all yet still they keep pissing around with it. So one has to ask the question why? Although if they were doing it to deliberately wind us up they would just repeat the lamentable QOS one. I think it's simply ineptitude rather than actual malice. They clearly know there's something wrong with it hence their continual tinkering but it seems completely beyond their intelligence to just go back to the Brozza design which didn't need changing.
    It's been nearly 20 years since we had a normal, proper gunbarrel with no needless additions at the beginning of the film. Although to be fair their depriving of it has sort of worked. I would have been bitching and moaning on here about the SP one twenty years ago but I was actually sort of thankful for it after the shambles of QoS/SF (can't believe they cocked it up again on the 50th anniversary film).
    The fact that the SP one was better than QOS and SF not really good enough for me. Just come something is a bit better than something terrible doesn't make it good. Didn't like the music starting up for about 5 seconds beforehand, the design still not quite right, Daniel still can't nail the walk and turn and the less said about Mendes' pretentious vanity at the end the better.