No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And bathing in hot coals.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    And forceful ingestion of curare to find out the names of other possible anti-Roger activists.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    talos7 wrote: »
    delete

Yes, in the end we shall do that as well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Harris back as Moneypenny, but in a more traditional capacity, not having to be in on the action. The same could be said for the rest of the “Scooby Gang”
    The focus should be on Bond and his mission.
    Scooby-Doo-as-James-Bond--2891.jpg
    :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Scooby-Doo-as-James-Bond--2891.jpg

Looks like Freddie Prinze Jr as the villain. I thought he was ready for a comeback.
    Don't know whether to laugh or be scared!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    This is the exact behavior, that has turned off more then 1 good and valuable member, that I know of. Just because you guys are mods doesnt make you right all the time. You should be open to critic as well. I have been here longer then most of you and certainly seen it all. Both sides. The good and the bad and know, when it doesnt go well.

All said now.

You've been told numerous times in the past that just because you don't see goings-on in a thread doesn't mean that mods aren't making moves behind the scenes privately. Yet no matter how many times we've requested you simply ignore those that (easily) bait you into the same arguments and bitter disagreements, you refuse to do so. He hates Craig, you love him - simply don't interact. We cannot abide by your requests and ban someone because they don't like a certain actor, film, etc. If we did that, this forum would be an empty place.

Others hate him, too. Thats not the point. Point is, HOW he interacts, that I protest sgainst. Simple as that. Its all in the way, you say things.
    He shouldnt be banned for hating DC, he should be banned for the way, he treats other members. So, whatever you do behind the scenes, it doesnt lead to him changing his attitude. He must have a field dsy, that I sm the one getting the heat at the end of the day. Poor old gal ...
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,006
    Scooby looks like he's has some work done. ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Moneypenny will be back. The question is: will it be in a smaller capacity? I guess so. At the very least, you can't have her, Q and M running around London again. But if the plot of the film involves not only Bond in a mission, but some sort of intrigue regarding MI6 (like the last two films), then she'll still have a relatively big part. However, I think even that aspect will be absent or toned down this time around. Can't do the same thing over and over again. And we do have a new director and writer (almost).

Unless Moneypenny is the villain! Call B25 Hat's Off!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    This scooby gang nonsense has to stop
    Naomie Harris is too high-profile an actress now to be the standard Moneypenny. It's not what I would prefer but it seems to be how it is. And I don't think Danny Boyle will turn his back on her writing her out of the next flick.

But who knows...
    Unfortunately, given the popularity of superhero teams and Mission: Impossible I could see them doubling down on the MI6 "team" aspect, to give everyone something meaty enough to do.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    She knows filming will start this year and has cleared her schedule, which is something. Thread will be updated soon.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This scooby gang nonsense has to stop

No fooling, they were one of the aspects that completely tanked SP for me. They need to be dumped, or at least (actually preferably) given limited importance and screen time.

What I meant was people on this thread calling them the scooby gang I really didn't mind the way the MI6 team was handled in spectre
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    All I am claiming is that there is really no confirmation for anything. Even so I entirely think it is possible that EON is willing to risk the petty cash for a script writer. But certainly not the money involved to sign contracts with Boyle (or whomever) for projects that might not come into fruition.
    The announcement in July of 2017 has already been contradicted to a degree, since we now know that Hodge is on the job with a rival script. So yes, uncertainty remains to an extent until we get that long awaited proper announcement with distributor, director, actor, writer and reconfirmed release date all in one go.

What we're reading about through leaks and comments appears to be accurate most of the time. So certain elements have been changing and are getting closer to being locked down.

I still think May or perhaps June is when we'll get the big 'official' release of data.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I really didn't mind the way the MI6 team was handled in spectre
    Agree, @Goldeneye0094. All you said.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 3,333
    jake24 wrote: »
    She knows filming will start this year and has cleared her schedule, which is something. Thread will be updated soon.
    Hoorah! At last, some glimmer of news. This sure beats the petty squabbling that's been doing the rounds here lately. Naomie's comments are quite interesting. Could she be out of the picture completely or maybe she's in a much reduced role? Let's hope so. I'm entirely in agreement with @Birdleson's distaste of the Scooby Gang. Their inclusion and overuse has tainted both SF and SP for me. It's all too reminiscent of Kiefer Sutherland's 24, which I think works fine in a TV series but not so much in a short movie. It takes far too much away from Bond himself as he's forced to share the limelight with less important characters. Fingers crossed that Monneypenny is off on vacation for the entire movie. Hopefully she takes Tanner and Q with her.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondsum wrote: »
    Hoorah! At last, some glimmer of news. This sure beats the petty squabbling that's been doing the rounds here lately. Naomie's comments are quite interesting. Could she be out of the picture completely or maybe she's in a much reduced role? Let's hope so. I'm entirely in agreement with @Birdleson's distaste of the Scooby Gang. Their inclusion and overuse has tainted both SF and SP for me. It's all too reminiscent of Kiefer Sutherland's 24, which I think works fine in a TV series but not so much in a short movie. It takes far too much away from Bond himself as he's forced to share the limelight with less important characters. Fingers crossed that Monneypenny is off on vacation for the entire movie. Hopefully she takes Tanner and Q with her.

I highly doubt it, but we'll see. That said, we may be exaggerating the MI6 screen time just a tad. Most of their scenes in SP without Bond are very brief: Moneypenny receiving the phone, Q on the cable car, etc. The only extended scenes: M and Tanner in Tokyo (90 seconds), M's meeting with C (~2:00) M's supper at Rules (60 seconds) are still quite brief. Sometimes there is a difference between perception and reality. In this case, that perception may have more to do with the timing of those scenes as opposed to their actual, total screen time.
    Someone should clock their screen time in all the films, if it hasn t been done. A job for @PropertyOfALady or @Birdleson , Unless someone else feels the calling.
    That's just sad, clocking their actual screen time. It's not strictly about physical time spent on the screen, it's about perceptions and their overall involvement in the story. As others have pointed out, the great Bond movies work best with M and co. as a framing device. It is this "story framing" some of us want to see the return of with Bond out alone on a mission. Sure, it's wishful thinking. But some of you are far too young to remember us original Bond fans wishing for Bond to lose the buffoonery and return to an edgier Bond. Some used to say that it would never happen. Of course, they were proved wrong.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Agreed with both of you.

I had a feeling she would know nothing. I also have a feeling she won't be in the film (thank goodness!). Let's see how it plays.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The Boyle-Harris previous collaboration pretty much guarantees that she will return.
    echo wrote: »
    The Boyle-Harris previous collaboration pretty much guarantees that she will return.
    I'm not so sure. It depends on what Boyle's mandate is. We'll see.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Besides that, I just can't see them make Bond 25 without Q or Moneypenny. They showed up in Licence to Kill, even though Bond never was in England in that movie. They had no place in CR and QoS, but now that they've been cast and introduced, they won't be dismissed.
    Walecs wrote: »

Besides that, I just can't see them make Bond 25 without Q or Moneypenny. They showed up in Licence to Kill, even though Bond never was in England in that movie. They had no place in CR and QoS, but now that they've been cast and introduced, they won't be dismissed.
    Again, we'll see. The minute one of Scooby comes out and says they've been contacted to star, I'll believe it. Not before then. As of now, they know nothing about their involvement and have not been contacted about it. None of them.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    It would be odd to cut them out entirely especially since it’s Craig’s swan song... I would still expect to see them, hopefully in minimal fashion, as a closing for him. I would add with hope, that without Mendes and his theater ensemble approach, not just the superhero influence, that they will be put back in their place. Funny they’re all in the dark because I still assume Jeffrey Wright’s tip of the hat meant Craig has told him he will be back and I expect to see Felix return.
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Funny they’re all in the dark because I still assume Jeffrey Wright’s tip of the hat meant Craig has told him he will be back and I expect to see Felix return.
    Keep in mind though that was before Hodge got involved. There is a new approach being derived as we speak. Time will tell which direction they choose to go in.