No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Walecs wrote: »
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    If Eon follow their current trend of hiring the most popular British artist currently working, than Dua Lipa has the gig. She’s immensely popular right now, in the same way that Adele was in 2011 and Sam Smith was in 2014. She’s the most buzzworthy British pop singer working currently.

If she was as popular as Adele was in 2011, then I probably should have heard of her earlier. I mean, you couldn't not know about Adele back then.

Actually I didn't, but that's because I was very young and I did not care about popoular music at all back then.

I also would welcome Arctic Monkeys for a Bond theme song.
    Aaa
    A big yes to Arctic Monkeys! Either one of the Gallagher’s or Lady Gaga would work, just not another ballad; Craig came in with a roar, let him go out with one.

• peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    If Eon follow their current trend of hiring the most popular British artist currently working, than Dua Lipa has the gig. She’s immensely popular right now, in the same way that Adele was in 2011 and Sam Smith was in 2014. She’s the most buzzworthy British pop singer working currently.

If she was as popular as Adele was in 2011, then I probably should have heard of her earlier. I mean, you couldn't not know about Adele back then.

Actually I didn't, but that's because I was very young and I did not care about popoular music at all back then.

I also would welcome Arctic Monkeys for a Bond theme song.
    Aaa
    A big yes to Arctic Monkeys! Either one of the Gallagher’s or Lady Gaga would work, just not another ballad; Craig came in with a roar, let him go out with one.

This!

She’s not an inappropriate choice, but hardly the most inspiring or exciting. Dua Lipa’s a good singer, here’s an idea of something she could do with a big Bond ballad:

We know that the studio and the producers have a large say over who gets to sing the songs. Martin Campbell confirmed that with GE and CR he had little say on what the song would b. However, Sam Mendes was very involved with the song choice. He was said to have worked very closely with both Adele and Sam Smith from a very early stage in the production.

I imagine Danny will want a big say in the choice. Anyone who has seen a Boyle film, will know how important music is to him. He has worked with a host of great artists who could contribute not only to the title sequence but possibly to the soundtrack. Artists who have previously worked with Boyle and could do Bond songs include:

Wolf Alice
    Young Fathers
    Underworld
    Rick Smith
    Muse
    Radiohead
    Arctic Monkeys
    FKA Twigs

Don t forget Iggy Pop.

Matt Helders of Arctic Monkeys played the drums on Pop's Post Pop Depression.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Thing is just, that none of us here knows, how much of the gap is due to other issues rather then needing a 4 year break.

True it might have just been the gap would have happened anyway and he didn't need to decide until when he did. But if he wanted to make clear he wasn't holding things up he should have made his mind up earlier (or made public his decision earlier), because the impression he gave was that he was umming and ahhing for three years. And it shouldn't take that long to decide should it. If he'd said in 2016 "I'm doing one more, we're just trying to get the distributor sorted" I think opinion of him would have been higher.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Just talked to james bond downunder and he said that his educated guess would be the director/distribution announcement would come July sound reasonable enough?
    Just talked to james bond downunder and he said that his educated guess would be the director/distribution announcement would come July sound reasonable enough?

Ow ..thats bloody late if true...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's a couple of months later than I anticipated, but I can live with it. Hopefully it's a comprehensive announcement with some 'meat' on the bones, rather than the vague one from last July.
    It was just a guess nothing concrete I personally like to see it come this month or may
    It was just a guess nothing concrete I personally like to see it come this month or may

Lets hope so matey.
    bondjames wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's a couple of months later than I anticipated, but I can live with it. Hopefully it's a comprehensive announcement with some 'meat' on the bones, rather than the vague one from last July.

Agreed old pal,hopefully if they announce it in July they have already organised everything and are already way ahead.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Interesting stuff, @007Blofeld.

BondMGM-Header-Image_1280_720_81_s_c1.jpg
    I like to see this female villain pull all the strings which would be the first in the franchise people might be quick to mention Elektra but she was still kind of renard's puppet
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If it ends up being a female villain, perhaps they might try and swing The Property Of A Lady as a title.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That's a natural, @Creasy47. This time or later on.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If it ends up being a female villain, perhaps they might try and swing The Property Of A Lady as a title.

I’m badly hoping so. Best one that hasn’t been used yet IMO. That and Risico are my top picks.
    Yeah I would really like if they finally went with Property Of A Lady.
    It’d be especially nice as it’s Craig’s swansong, and he could get one more Fleming title. Preferably that happens, then the seventh Bond begins with Risico.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If they go with Property of a Lady, then the logo is already made. ;)
    YmZ49jRl.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,554
    Maybe you should
    TripAces wrote: »
    Warner purchases MGM and crosses
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

I wonder if I threaten to slit my wrists they'll let me have 3 years off?

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.

Not often enough for the kids here. Kindergarden this is.
    Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.

EON is not working around DC's schedule. DC has always worked his schedule around EON. You can't be serious in suggesting that the gap between film releases is because of DC.

That said, aside from the throwaway comment, when has he ever complained about the tiresome Bond shoots? It is others, Mark Strong and Judi Dench in particular, who have talked about him being tired. Instead, what is apparent, is that DC is a family man who enjoys his privacy, and seems quite content kicking back and taking things easy. It's his life, and he can do with it what he wants. And he's earned it. But when the time comes to film a Bond movie, no Bond actor has ever put as much into that role as he has. That part isn't even debatable.

Anything to add, @Germanlady ? LOL
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    If they go with Property Of A Lady, people better not tag me, haha!
    Maybe you should
    Warner purchases MGM and crosses
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

I wonder if I threaten to slit my wrists they'll let me have 3 years off?

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.

Not often enough for the kids here. Kindergarden this is.
    Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.

EON is not working around DC's schedule. DC has always worked his schedule around EON. You can't be serious in suggesting that the gap between film releases is because of DC.

That said, aside from the throwaway comment, when has he ever complained about the tiresome Bond shoots? It is others, Mark Strong and Judi Dench in particular, who have talked about him being tired. Instead, what is apparent, is that DC is a family man who enjoys his privacy, and seems quite content kicking back and taking things easy. It's his life, and he can do with it what he wants. And he's earned it. But when the time comes to film a Bond movie, no Bond actor has ever put as much into that role as he has. That part isn't even debatable.

Anything to add, @Germanlady ? LOL

Oh, its nice AND rare to read some sense. So no, nothing to add.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    When do we start to question Bond 25 release date?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I see many people prefer Property of a Lady as the title. Any reason why you want to remove the definite article from Fleming s original?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,601
    When do we start to question Bond 25 release date?

This has already been done - many times. Like everything else. You are too late.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It just seems to me like things aren't moving along like they should be, like there's some snag somewhere. Yes, it's possible they are leaving everything to the last minute, not getting a distributor until production gets underway etc. But if so, why?

Why after the shambles that was QoS and SP productions would they want to leave everything until the last moment again, after a 4 year break, no less. Surely you'd imagine them wanting to be better prepared this time. SF had some complications which forced them into a tight spot, but now it seems like they are yet to get into full motion, and time is running out!

My only thought is that perhaps there is big, big change coming after Bond 25 and they are already preparing that. I'm no expert, but it seems from recent posts that MGM might sell itself to someone else, and who knows what that means for EON also? Are they prepared to give up on Bond and helming Cubbys baby through the turbulent seas of oncoming trends in future?
    Murdock wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/941804/James-Bond-25-who-sing-theme-tune-release-date-dua-lipa-Beyonce-adele
    The bookies have selected a new favorite to do the bond 25 theme song never heard of dua lipa anybody heard her before?
    Pop artist. Very popular right now. Not to mention a terrible choice.

What's her music like?
    Modern pop, r&b stuff. Not a bad artist, but totally inappropriate for Bond.

Well that was the case with Adele and Sam Smith and they turned out just fine in my opinion

Adele was great, Smith was awful.

The song was great, I thought. Smith's singing was awful.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Smith's song didn't have a punchline. And it was not appropriate for the film in the slightest.
    Smith's song didn't have a punchline. And it was not appropriate for the film in the slightest.

The writing's on the wall, and I have dropped the ball
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    vzok wrote: »
    The writing's on the wall, and I have dropped the ball
    Haha! Exactly, mate! :))
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    What also is interesting is that female mi6 agent I wonder if she will be like a new side kick