No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

007Blofeld wrote: »
    What also is interesting is that female mi6 agent I wonder if she will be like a new side kick
    In BOND 25, Bond will be the side kick.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    What also is interesting is that female mi6 agent I wonder if she will be like a new side kick
    In BOND 25, Bond will be the side kick.
    Apparently yeah
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Still wonder what they are going to do with blofeld probably wait till next actor
  • RC7RC7
    It just seems to me like things aren't moving along like they should be, like there's some snag somewhere. Yes, it's possible they are leaving everything to the last minute, not getting a distributor until production gets underway etc. But if so, why?

Why after the shambles that was QoS and SP productions would they want to leave everything until the last moment again, after a 4 year break, no less. Surely you'd imagine them wanting to be better prepared this time. SF had some complications which forced them into a tight spot, but now it seems like they are yet to get into full motion, and time is running out!

My only thought is that perhaps there is big, big change coming after Bond 25 and they are already preparing that. I'm no expert, but it seems from recent posts that MGM might sell itself to someone else, and who knows what that means for EON also? Are they prepared to give up on Bond and helming Cubbys baby through the turbulent seas of oncoming trends in future?

Is there an echo in here?
    TripAces wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Maybe you should
    Warner purchases MGM and crosses
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

I wonder if I threaten to slit my wrists they'll let me have 3 years off?

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.

Not often enough for the kids here. Kindergarden this is.
    Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.

But when the time comes to film a Bond movie, no Bond actor has ever put as much into that role as he has. That part isn't even debatable.

Apart from bulking up and staring intensely pissed off 24/7, may I ask what exactly you mean?
    Nobody's perfect but I'd be sad if EON sold up. Even if it was to a studio who would keep it special/an event, it'd still be a bit gutting because of the history there imo.

Imagine being in MGW's shoes if it does happen. I'm sure it'd feel so weird leaving the whole thing behind after being involved for 50 odd years.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Nobody's perfect but I'd be sad if EON sold up. Even if it was to a studio who would keep it special/an event, it'd still be a bit gutting because of the history there imo.

Imagine being in MGW's shoes if it does happen. I'm sure it'd feel so weird leaving the whole thing behind after being involved for 50 odd years.
    I agree.

As for MGW, if they sold, they should still let him do cameos.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I'd have no problems whatsoever with an EON sale of its rights share, if that is what eventually happens. We'll always have the old films to look back upon if things aren't up to par in the future, just as some of us have the classic films even today to reflect upon. We have to move with the times.

Regarding a proposed MGM deal: having been in this situation twice in my life, I'm aware that the most important thing is that one doesn't talk about it until the ink is dry. Smoke and mirrors rules the day. That's why the information flow has been so weak out of MGM except for positive spin. The next most important thing is that some prospective arrangements could get temporarily frozen due to the due diligence process that accompanies any major acquisition. That's why it's important to get major contracts lined up prior to a deal.

I've always believed that Craig's forgotten comments on the morning prior to the Colbert interview were more telling and informative than his comments at Colbert. The way he spoke and what he said on the radio is more reflective of what we know now and to me his conduct was more honest. I wouldn't be surprised if someone later told him to be forthright and definitive on Colbert in order to allay any questions which his earlier remarks could have created and stop any narrative and speculation which could have developed as a result.

Are you referring to EON selling their share of the rights? That is of course possible, but the scenario which the media is commenting on is MGM possibly selling itself (rather than its share or EON selling its share). If that does in fact occur, then it's a change in name more than anything else. Similar to how UA is no longer around. In fact, the MGM name may actually be retained post-acquisition, given how famous it is.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It’s simple. They (MGM) don’t want to sell Bond? Bruce Wayne should buy MGM.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2018 Posts: 3,157
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/941804/James-Bond-25-who-sing-theme-tune-release-date-dua-lipa-Beyonce-adele
    The bookies have selected a new favorite to do the bond 25 theme song never heard of dua lipa anybody heard her before?
    Pop artist. Very popular right now. Not to mention a terrible choice.

What's her music like?
    Modern pop, r&b stuff. Not a bad artist, but totally inappropriate for Bond.

Well that was the case with Adele and Sam Smith and they turned out just fine in my opinion

Adele was great, Smith was awful.

The song was great, I thought. Smith's singing was awful.

Indeed. The instrumental is just beautiful.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Does this mean Bond 26 could be made in collaboration between EON and Warner Bros. For instance?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Maybe you should
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.

Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.

But when the time comes to film a Bond movie, no Bond actor has ever put as much into that role as he has. That part isn't even debatable.

Apart from bulking up and staring intensely pissed off 24/7, may I ask what exactly you mean?

Your usual, highly intelligent bs answer. If you dont know his Bond history, just shut up.

And since you are never interested in facts, but only in putting everything down, its no use in filling you in. Not worse the effort.
    Does this mean Bond 26 could be made in collaboration between EON and Warner Bros. For instance?
    No, BOND 26 will be made in collaboration between Warner and Syncopy Inc.
    Based on the little we know, it is a possibility. It could happen in many ways:

1. Warner is the distributor of B26 only in collaboration with MGM and EON, who retain their respective shares.
    2. Warner is the distributor of B26 and a few more Bond films (like the Sony deal) in collaboration with MGM and EON, who retain their respective shares.
    3. Warner buys MGM outright and handles production and distribution going forward in collaboration with EON (who retains its 50% share) from B26 onwards.
    4, Warner buys MGM outright and also EON's share and makes the films on its own going forward from B26 onwards.

Of course, any and all of the above can also occur for B25 and you could just as easily insert another name (say Universal or Sony) in place of Warner.
    Lest we forget some years ago Warner Bros bought most of the old MGM library rights for their home video format.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

He can't even keep a boy's orphanage running.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    He can't even keep a boy's orphanage running.
    Good point. Let's hope he doesn't turn James Bond Jr. into a Robin. :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

If it's Ben Afflecks Bruce Wayne i am cool with that. Judging from BvS he seems to be a big Bond fan.
    Never even heard of this Lipa, not at all. Just get Artic Monkeys to do the theme (and write it). AM's new album is out in May, so they will most likely be touring during the production of Bond 25. Perfect timing.

The original is better (and more Bondian), too.

No two ways about it. Choosing That Lipa girl over Arctic Monkeys would be fitting to Mendes, but I have a hard time imagining Boyle let it come to such a thing.
    At all, judging by that AM version of the song, not hiring them for Bond would be tantamount to treachery.

Bloody business politics better not delay this movie!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Looks probable.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Looks probable.

Not liking the way it is shaping up right now after this news.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Am I the only one who thinks these distribution deals are as interesting as box office numbers?
    00Agent wrote: »

If it's Ben Afflecks Bruce Wayne i am cool with that. Judging from BvS he seems to be a big Bond fan.
    That’s the only Bruce Wayne I had in mind. :D
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

I would welcome disturbed doing the bond 25 theme especially after their amazing cover version of Simon and Garfunkal's the sound of silence
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Never even heard of this Lipa, not at all. Just get Artic Monkeys to do the theme (and write it). AM's new album is out in May, so they will most likely be touring during the production of Bond 25. Perfect timing.

The original is better (and more Bondian), too.

No two ways about it. Choosing That Lipa girl over Arctic Monkeys would be fitting to Mendes, but I have a hard time imagining Boyle let it come to such a thing.
    At all, judging by that AM version of the song, not hiring them for Bond would be tantamount to treachery.

Can't see Arctic Monkeys having any trouble writing a possible classic. The AM side project, The Last Shadow Puppets, is - if anything, even more in style of Bond theme songs. Catchy tunes, strings and prominent guitars.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Some of us were calling for Artic Monkeys before that dispiriting dross was selected for SP. From what I can tell about Boyle (and I'll admit that my knowledge is limited), he appears to like melody. So I'd imagine we are safe from the sort of discordant sound that we got for QoS. It should be a decent song, as long as the powers that be don't insist on pandering to the whims of the moment.
    I stand firm on the belief, if the next one is female empowerment & a female sidekick & female villian getting a big chunk of the story & screen time, kick the hodge/Boyle screenplay idea to the curb & just film the P&W draft which they were close to doing anyway.

They should have saved SF for Craigs last, If they can just bring something on par to that for the next one with some creativity ill be happy.

Maybe you should

Your usual, highly intelligent bs answer. If you dont know his Bond history, just shut up.

And since you are never interested in facts, but only in putting everything down, its no use in filling you in. Not worse the effort.

I guess it is very safe to say, that I know more about Bond history then you will ever know. Why, you ask? Simply because I'm a Bond fan and not a Daniel Craig groupie.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Some of us were calling for Artic Monkeys before that dispiriting dross was selected for SP. From what I can tell about Boyle (and I'll admit that my knowledge is limited), he appears to like melody. So I'd imagine we are safe from the sort of discordant sound that we got for QoS. It should be a decent song, as long as the powers that be don't insist on pandering to the whims of the moment.

Here's hoping! Don't know if Arctic Monkeys are that well known in the U.S. That may work against them if EON want's the "biggest" names/artists around.