No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That helicopter was supposed to be used in a war movie. What war movie, by the way?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That helicopter was supposed to be used in a war movie. What war movie, by the way?
    I've no clue, really. The only non-Bond production on the horizon is The Rhythm Section, due 2019.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I've no clue, really. The only non-Bond production on the horizon is The Rhythm Section, due 2019.
    Exactly. Something's fishy there or their "war movie" isn't quite established to be revealed on paper, yet.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Exactly. Something's fishy there or their "war movie" isn't quite established to be revealed on paper, yet.

I agree. Something is still up with that helicopter.
    I agree. Something is still up with that helicopter.
    Eventually, it'll go up in the air. ;)
    Any updates??
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,884
    The last we heard about the helicopter was in March last year.
    "Bond 25 won't feature a vintage helicopter. EON acquired it for a (TBA) historical war movie that they're co-producing in late 2017."

That time has now passed and they're currently making The Rhythm Section, which isn't a historical war movie, no? EON have also had two other low-profile movies listed on their slate, but there's been no movement on those for a year. https://pro.imdb.com/company/co0054040

The museum that sold - not lent - the Huey, last told me personally that it was indeed for B25 though. The same twitter account as above denounced those claims, however.
    Then, it is for Bond 25.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The last we heard about the helicopter was in March last year.
    "Bond 25 won't feature a vintage helicopter. EON acquired it for a (TBA) historical war movie that they're co-producing in late 2017."

That time has now passed and they're currently making The Rhythm Section, which isn't a historical war movie, no? EON have also had two other low-profile movies listed on their slate, but there's been no movement on those for a year. https://pro.imdb.com/company/co0054040

The museum that sold - not lent - the Huey, last told me personally that it was indeed for B25 though. The same twitter account as above denounced those claims, however.

Interesting.
    Bond 25 title:
    Blofeld - This Time it´s War

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I hope they do use Dubrovnik; I’ve been there; it would be a spectacular location for Bond.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Bond 25 title:
    Blofeld - This Time it´s War

giphy.gif

"If the shoe fits, you must wear it."
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is this helicopter story so important?

A chopper appearing in a Bond film? Probably happened more often than Bond ordering a Martini...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,000

A chopper appearing in a Bond film? Probably happened more often than Bond ordering a Martini...

It was important because the news about that helicopter being for use in B25 came long before any official news of B25's release date. A time when many were speculating how many years we had left to wait, some even wondering if the next film was ever going to happen at all.

No, it wasn't that. Just that there had to be indication that there was active development on Bond when we absolutely had zero knowledge (not too different from now) regarding the entry's development.

We're crazy fans here for the most part, @Andi1996Ruegg. We've got to know every step they make in every respective film's production diary and tie in all the topics together before an official announcement is made. So, forgive us if we get too obsessed with a load of enthusiasm at times. Each detail matters. :D
    @ClarkDevlin
    Oh, yeah, I think I got the thrust of it.
    It's all in the wrist. ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,755
    If there’s one thing that’s certain, we could all potentially be very effective detectives.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    If there’s one thing that’s certain, we could all potentially be very effective detectives.
    We love spy fiction, after all.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited January 2018 Posts: 6,721
    12:24 am - Craig's coming out of the bar. He looks half pissed. Is he going to meet tonight with Barbara after all or did their plans change? And more importantly, when it does happen, will it be about business or pleasure?

OK, gotta go. He's on the move.
  • //The same twitter account as above denounced those claims, however.//

The twitter account belongs to the same website that houses this message board.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,554
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Any updates??

This, today, from Ben Whishaw:

https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/ben-whishaw-james-bond-25-update

Is it news that he is confirming his return in Bond 25? I suppose so.
    Hopefully in a smaller role the way Q was meant to be on the screen.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Indeed

Also for all you people wanting more Leiter, don’t get me wrong, he’s the best man to play the role and he’s great in his minimal screen time with the 2 first Craig Films, but with the way these films are going, he will have 40 min of screen time and it will be Scooby gang all over again. I would rather not see him back

Indeed

Also for all you people wanting more Leiter, don’t get me wrong, he’s the best man to play the role and he’s great in his minimal screen time with the 2 first Craig Films, but with the way these films are going, he will have 40 min of screen time and it will be Scooby gang all over again. I would rather not see him back

Hopefully they reverse direction
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Indeed

Even if, Felix is an appropriate Scooby Gang character. I rather see him in the field than Tanner/Moneypenny/Q/M.
    00Agent wrote: »

Indeed

Even if, Felix is an appropriate Scooby Gang character. I rather see him in the field than Tanner/Moneypenny/Q/M.
    Exactly. Felix is a field operative like Bond, just not on the same level of skills and results as he is. M/Q/Moneypenny belong behind desks in their own posts. They are here to move the story forward, not shine out because their respective actors are big name celebrities demanding more screen time and attention.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185
    00Agent wrote: »

Indeed

Exactly. Felix is a field operative like Bond, just not on the same level of skills and results as he is. M/Q/Moneypenny belong behind desks in their own posts. They are here to move the story forward, not shine out because their respective actors are big name celebrities demanding more screen time and attention.

To be fair though, i get why people critizise the scooby gang so much, but it's not like this never happened to the other fellas.
    In the Roger Moore era M was constantly in the field, appearing in some of the Most ludicrous places, and most of the time with Moneypenny at his side (YOLT, TMWTGG, in TSWLM and MR he was basically world traveling with 007 from Brasil to Venice, Sardinia and Egypt) and don't get me started on Q, judging by OP and LTK he must have had advanced field operative training, or he had a deathwish.

But after Spectre i wish they'd tone it down a bit for the next one at least.
    Agree @00Agent
    Also QoS and SF without Dench having so much screen time would fall apart.
    SP without Q would be even more of a bore.
    It almost seems that Craig can't carry a Bond film on his own. Or EoN doesn't let him.
    With M it makes sense. But, that’s something that should occur once per five or six films at the very least. M being the head of British Intelligence makes sense to have him get involve in political engagements to carry out much like the case was for Drax. Q being there in LTK was more of a fan service than have him help Bond as a real plot twist. Most of the LTK cast were TV actors. A film made on a tight budget, and Desmond Llewellyn being everybody’s beloved Q would’ve elevated excitement for the audience in that film.

It doesn’t feel the same with the Craig era Scooby Gang, and there’s just too much politics playing out in the recent films rather than have Bond tackle his own assignment by himself. It’s absurd.