No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    With respect, it wouldn't surprise me at all for Craig to do BOND 26.
    I don't see it personally. I don't think his heart is in it anymore. I kind of think after Skyfall his interest started fading away. At least that's how it seems from the stories the press told that were officially confirmed. Took him two years to decide whether he'd be back for a fifth outing or not.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    Didn't Connery play that same exact game? (judging from the Inside documentaries)
    Maybe Craig wants to be remembered as "hard to get" and make a million or two extra in his pay check.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    True, but Connery was careless when it came to Bond since YOLT. He definitely did DAF for the money and even upped his price for LALD which the producers had come to the claim that enough is enough.

Craig's disinterest was kind of showing in his performance as well as the interviews he did during Spectre's production. Besides, his wife isn't too pleased that he's been in the role for so long.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If they announced the director of Bond 25 tomorrow, which names would NOT shock you? My list: Nolan, Villeneuve, Mendes, Demange, Mackenzie. Any other name WOULD shock me.

I wouldn't say "shocked" since his name has been rumored so often in the last year or so, but I would be a bit surprised if Nolan got the gig. I just don't see him coming up to try and not only pick up where someone else left off, but crafting the end of an era he never had a hand in to begin with. If he's directing, it seems more plausible that he'd begin with B26.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Nolan as director means a new Bond. I'm still sticking with that.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    mattjoes wrote: »
    You know, I get the feeling Judi Dench preferred the Brosnan era to the Craig era. And no, I'm not projecting (I think).

No offense but I think that is bollocks, I'm pretty sure Judi preferred what she got with Daniel and the chemistry to my eyes is obvious, she likes to work with actors and no offense to Pierce but he's not got the craft that Daniel has.

Pierce even said he'd loved to got something like Skyfall.
    Dench has perfect chemistry with Brosnan. Classic Lee/Connery stuff.

Dench and Craig are very different. She is more like his mother and they played that card very early too in QoS.

In context of the whole series, Dench was better with Brosnan.
    In the Craig films Dench dominates all the scenes with Craig, she even dominates the film SF. Which is a good thing of course.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    You know, I get the feeling Judi Dench preferred the Brosnan era to the Craig era. And no, I'm not projecting (I think).

No offense but I think that is bollocks, I'm pretty sure Judi preferred what she got with Daniel and the chemistry to my eyes is obvious, she likes to work with actors and no offense to Pierce but he's not got the craft that Daniel has.

Connery would have loved to get something like Skyfall too. Or Dalton.
    Why do you know what Judi preferred?
    And saying Brosnan has not the craft that Craig has is a bit presumptuous.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 4,043

Dench and Craig are very different. She is more like his mother and they played that card very early too in QoS.

In the Craig films Dench dominates all the scenes with Craig, she even dominates the film SF. Which is a good thing of course.

I'm sorry but Brosnan isn't approaching Connery Lee levels, not even Moore Lee levels.

You might need some time with the films to see this, not something you are going to realise as a newby, no offense but I've had 4 decades with Bond.

I'm sure someone is going to pipe up with age means nothing but I know cinematic Bond like the back of my hand and long before the internet came along to give you all your answers with no effort whatsover at all.

I'm sorry but Brosnan isn't approaching Connery Lee levels, not even Moore Lee levels.

You might need some time with the films to see this, not something you are going to realise as a newby, no offense but I've had 4 decades with Bond.

I'm sure someone is going to pipe up with age means nothing but I know cinematic Bond like the back of my hand and long before the internet came along to give you all your answers with no effort whatsover at all.

Good to know you are the high authority on all things Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Oh man I needed this laugh. =))

Yes, and because you have the claim to know the "cinematic Bond like the back of your hand", that means your opinion is better than all else you come to sell it as a fact. Perhaps it's time you "purists" get off your high horses.
    +1
    Whatever you just laugh away but when some newby tries to tell me about Bond it's always amusing, google away won't ya!!

No high horse but when you have a history and a longevity with something if that doesn't count for anything then maybe in the words of Dalton's Bond, "it's time to leave"

In the words of Moore's Bond. "There's a useful four letter word. And you're full of it."
    I love teachers. There is a couple of great ones on this forum.

But if there's anything I hate most it's getting patronized or being looked down at.
    Besides that nothing really will make me lose my composure/countenance.
    Whatever you just laugh away but when some newby tries to tell me about Bond it's always amusing, google away won't ya!!

No high horse but when you have a history and a longevity with something if that doesn't count for anything then maybe in the words of Dalton's Bond, "it's time to leave"

Is this an act of yours? Because it just can't be real. That would be most distressing.

Your history with the series as a fan is as good as anybody else's. It counts you only as part of the audience which gives you the right to like something for yourself. Not sell your opinion as the fact in all existence or speak for anybody else other than yourself.
    Murdock wrote: »
    In the words of Moore's Bond. "There's a useful four letter word. And you're full of it."
    +1. Always the voice of reason.
    Careful fella's we don't want to piss off the King of the Bond fandom. :))
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    A particular conversation in SF (at a museum) comes to mind as I read this recent exchange.

Speaking as a long time fan (and not a purist), I'll say that I quite enjoyed Dench's scenes with both Brosnan and Craig. She elevated both of their performances and her screen gravitas was sorely missed in SP. I was never a fan of her domineering school teacher-like presence but there's no doubting her acting chops.

I will say though that I felt she was least effective in TWINE. That nonsensical 'mother' spiel was beyond embarrassing, as was her behaviour when she thought Bond had died in the tunnel and again when she saw Bond kill Elektra.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

You realize just how utterly ridiculous you sound, right? This "newbie" is as entitled to his own opinion as you are.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Careful fella's we don't want to piss off the King of the Bond fandom. :))
    It appears there are many "Kings" around here. :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,690

By arguing like that you negate whatever history you have with the franchise. Now please excuse me if I don't consider you as a proper Bond fan anymore.

I'm most likely the only one on the forums to have TMWTGG as his favorite Bond film, should I treat as newbies everyone who doesn't agree with me?
    CQTHtP3WEAAhw-8.png
    giphy.gif
    bondjames wrote: »
    A particular conversation in SF (at a museum) comes to mind as I read this recent exchange.

ha ha...that's quite fitting!

I actually love that scene. It's simply perfect in every way.
    I'm most likely the only one on the forums to have TMWTGG as his favorite Bond film, should I treat as newbies everyone who doesn't agree with me?
    No, but they're just wrong @DaltonCraig007. It happens. ;)
    Anyone who has TMWTGG as his favorite will be my friend :D
    I have it on No 9 and even feel bad for placing it so low....
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 12,837

You're both projecting and I hate it when people do this. We have no way of knowing which she preferred, if she does have a preference, but she seems to have had a great time working with both of them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/daniels-fantasticbut-i-do-miss-pierce-says-1702090

"Daniels an incredible talent and I love working with him but I still miss Pierce, revealed Judi, 58, in an exclusive interview with The People.

He was a very warm man and always a lot of fun, always laughing and joking. Pierce was great to have around the set. We became close friends.

I did four Bonds with him so I missed him after he finished with the role.

Theres no comparison between him and Daniel. Theyre completely different actors but both are brilliant men with a fantastic sense of humour, very self-mocking, which you need to play Bond.

But you miss anyone you make a relationship with and you think at some point youll maybe cross paths again. And I did, with Pierce, in a play. If you get on with somebody well, you never really break that
    ."

Yeah @Shardlake, sounds like she really felt she was above working with Pierce, obviously an actor like her would just be doing it for the money, couldn't possibly have just thought it'd be fun to do a Bond film, and she clearly didn't have a nice time on those movies at all. And when she refuses to pick one over the other and says they're both brilliant it definitely sounds like she's saying Pierce is way better @mattjoes.

Sorry for the sarcasm but it annoys me when people project like that and if I were Dame Judi I's be annoyed at you two for putting words in her mouth.
    At least @mattjoes did it with panache and charm ;)

I love Dench, more and more. Especially after reading this interview of hers @thelivingroyale
    What a great catch for EoN she was!