The bad movies you love

Comments

I still like to perv over watch Nicole Kidman ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There are some good parts in Batman Forever.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Batman Forever brings back great memories, in part thanks to the soundtrack. And yes, Nicole Kidman looking her very best there!
  • I was 12 when that came out and I thought it was the coolest thing EVER. I don't even remember the nipples being that big of a deal at the time.
    Jim Carrey was a lot of fun.
    f6457ffa163a2d5d5c53c4208251632d--batman-films-movie-makeup.jpg
    Jim Carrey was a lot of fun.
    f6457ffa163a2d5d5c53c4208251632d--batman-films-movie-makeup.jpg

He played a fairly good Mad Hatter, but a terrible Riddler.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Before Jeremy Irons in Dungeons and Dragons, there was Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever.

"Nothinglikeabadcaseofgas hahahahaha!!" (As he's turning a gas cylinder)

"Farewell forever to that pointy-eared....night-rat haha"
    Jones tried to be The Joker, which is so wrong for the character.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 11,189
    He could have been a great Two-Face but he played it as a cartoony over-the-top villain.

I remember him once saying he met Bob Kane. Does anyone know what Kane thought of this film?

I know Batman and Robin was the last Batman film he saw before he died. Poor poor man.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I know Batman and Robin was the last Batman film he saw before he died. Poor poor man.

Warren Zevon said he wanted to resist his cancer until he managed to see the next Bond film. He managed to do so. Alas, it was DAD. What a bummer.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Gustav Graves: plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

Song lyrics: I'm drinking heartbreak motor oil and Bombay gin, I'll sleep when I'm dead

QUANTUM OF SOLACE homage for that? Anyway, I think Warren Zevon had a great time with DIE ANOTHER DAY, it's the kind of film they were making at the time. A shame he didn't make the last four though, for sure.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    He could have been a great Two-Face but he played it as a cartoony over-the-top villain.

I remember him once saying he met Bob Kane. Does anyone know what Kane thought of this film?

It might have killed him.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited November 2017 Posts: 6,791
    Exorcist II: The Heretic.

Feels more like one of those crazy Italian horror films than an Exorcist sequel. No wonder it got panned.

But I happen to like crazy Italian horror, so there you go.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Feels more like one of those crazy Italian horror films than an Exorcist sequel. No wonder it got panned.

I love me some Italian horror - both Bavas - Mario & Lamberto, Lucio Fulci and especially Dario Argento. Top, nutty stuff and Argento was a master in the 70s (why I love the hounds chase in Moonraker so much - reminds me of Italian 70s horror)
  • GoldenGun wrote: »
    There's also a fair number of crazy Spanish horror films, such as Hunchback of the Morgue (1973)...

This movie is bat-crap INSANE.

jiY1Et4WCAdvRkZ4VDosnEoBSGq.jpg

For me it's always difficult to love a bad sequel of a great movie. Or even an average or good sequel of a great one. Whenever the sequel is of lower quality than the original it is enough to dislike it.

That said unlike fans of Wayne's World I prefer the second movie to the first. I don't think either are very good but the second makes me laugh.

I really liked that one as well.
    @Major_Boothroyd I’m a huge fan of Dario Argento, he might even be my favourite director ever.

L’ucello dalle piume di cristallo, Profondo rosso, Suspiria, Tenebre and Phenomena are all among my favourite films.

@CraterGuns If you like Spanish horror, may I suggest Noche del terror ciego aka Tombs of the Blind Dead?

I’ll definitely check out your suggestion.

@Ludovico I understand your point but in this case it almost felt as if director John Boorman deliberately made some sort of anti-sequel.

@Thunderfinger Great to hear I’m not alone.
    Nice! @GoldenGun - Suspiria is one of my favourite horror films ever.

About four years ago I went to a special screening where Goblin played the soundtrack live. It was brilliant.

Last time I was in Turin I visited the outside of the house from Profondo Rosso and the city square - Piazza CLN - which has those huge fountain statues and the overlooking apartments where the murder takes place.
  • @chrisisall I watched Citizen Toxie today specifically to look for you!
    I knew you were in the Saturn (good driving!) but couldn’t find you anywhere- can you help me out?
    ...I’m a huge fan of Dario Argento, he might even be my favourite director ever.

L’ucello dalle piume di cristallo, Profondo rosso, Suspiria, Tenebre and Phenomena are all among my favourite films.

I would not go so far as to call Argento my favorite director ever—you are in a completely other category of fandom and props to you—but I would class all those you've mentioned as my favorite Argentos as well with special emphasis on L’ucello dalle piume di cristallo, Suspiria, and Phenomena.
    ...If you like Spanish horror, may I suggest Noche del terror ciego aka Tombs of the Blind Dead?

Been on my to-see list for some long time. Have not found a copy yet. One day, one day...
    @CraterGuns If you like Spanish horror, may I suggest Noche del terror ciego aka Tombs of the Blind Dead?
    No need... I've been a big fan of those "Undead Templars" for a long time now. (Well, not so much the third film...) The 4th "Blind Dead" movie, NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS, is getting a Blu-ray release here in the States early in 2018.

Another great Spanish horror film is HORROR EXPRESS, with Lee, Cushing, & Savalas... If only Paul Naschy had played the insane Russian monk, it'd be perfect!

so much fun this movie.

Good call. Lifeforce is nuts! Remember watching this as a kid. What a crazy movie.
    Good call. Lifeforce is nuts! Remember watching this as a kid. What a crazy movie.

Must have been highlight with the naked gal walking round.

Feels more like one of those crazy Italian horror films than an Exorcist sequel.

The music helps.

edited November 2017 Posts: 6,791
    @Major_Boothroyd You refer to MR scenes which are reminiscent to the typical Italian horror atmosphere. I’d add Moore’s first two adventures there as well.

LALD quite obviously for its voodoo theme and TMWTGG for its funhouse. The latter’s PTS and finale have a distinctive Mario Bava feel to it. Reminded me of an insane mix of Sei donne per l’assassino and Das Cabinet des Dr Caligari.

@mattjoes Yes you’re right, a masterful score by Ennio Morricone, giving the film a lot of atmosphere. Too bad the track “Magic and Ecstacy” isn’t used in the film.
    Orca is another bad movie with a masterful score by Ennio Morricone.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Been on my to-see list for some long time. Have not found a copy yet. One day, one day...

I don't know if it is of any use, but there is a UK R2 5 disc set on DVD, comes with a nice glossy booklet. Highly recommended to horror fans, those undead Templars are one of the more unique horror creations.
    @mattjoes Yes you’re right, a masterful score by Ennio Morricone, giving the film a lot of atmosphere. Too bad the track “Magic and Ecstacy” isn’t used in the film.

I didn't know that! Shame, it belongs in a film... any film!