The bad movies you love

1141516171820»

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Not sure if it could be considered a bad movie but it definitely has some dodgy moments. Michael Mann's Blackhat I rather like, even though critically it was slated.

But watching it recently I realised it has the same villains plot as Goldfinger. Just swap gold for Tin ore and hey presto! Or arguably A View To A Kill. Swap microchips in Silicon Valley for Tin ore mines in Malaysia...
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 6,814
    Not sure if it could be considered a bad movie but it definitely has some dodgy moments. Michael Mann's Blackhat I rather like, even though critically it was slated.

But watching it recently I realised it has the same villains plot as Goldfinger. Just swap gold for Tin ore and hey presto! Or arguably A View To A Kill. Swap microchips in Silicon Valley for Tin ore mines in Malaysia...

Yes mate, coming from Michael Mann, its rather low key, though does have good moments!
    Haven't heard much about his forthcoming 'Ferrari' movie! And then its onto Heat 2, though i think he should leave it alone ( Also heard he might be planning a follow up to 'Collateral' whch would also be a bad idea. Like that thriller a lot, Tom Cruise is very good in it!)
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Yes mate, coming from Michael Mann, its rather low key, though does have good moments!
    Haven't heard much about his forthcoming 'Ferrari' movie! And then its onto Heat 2, though i think he should leave it alone ( Also heard he might be planning a follow up to 'Collateral' whch would also be a bad idea. Like that thriller a lot, Tom Cruise is very good in it!)

Agreed mate. He should leave Heat well enough alone. The story has been told. End of. Not sure how a sequel would work regarding Collateral...

Agreed mate. He should leave Heat well enough alone. The story has been told. End of. Not sure how a sequel would work regarding Collateral...

A prequel of how Vincent became an assassin?
    BAIN123 wrote: »

A prequel of how Vincent became an assassin?

Do we really care to take all the mystery out of a character...?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I like Blackhat. Very much in fact. There is a certain style to it that I find exotic and dreamy.

As for Heat 2, there's always the recently published book co-written by Mann, that can be read to get a sense of what a sequel might look like.

I'd leave Mann's films alone. I like them very much and I don't think they are prequel/sequel material. The odd one that I might want to see redone is The Keep. There's a strange Lovecraftian horror film in it, set against the background of WWII. It just wasn't a particularly good film or cut of it that we got. Perhaps someone else can remake that film but do it really well. I would love them to keep the score, though. Vintage Tangerine Dream.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I love these. Or at least like them a lot.

07b8db23608ed23d43116ee99fc595f256128752.pnj

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    seagal-steven-seagal.gif

You might be amused to know I texted this gif to someone without any context whatsoever, and the answer I got back was "why that gif of Bono eating a carrot?"

I laughed.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    seagal-steven-seagal.gif

You might be amused to know I texted this gif to someone without any context whatsoever, and the answer I got back was "why that gif of Bono eating a carrot?"

I laughed.

Ooof, that someone must really hate Bono.

Did anyone see the Corridor Crew video a few days ago? They replaced Keanu as John Wick, with Seagal, for......

John Thick: The Last Stand

Trailer:

BTS:
    I love these. Or at least like them a lot.

07b8db23608ed23d43116ee99fc595f256128752.pnj

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is not a bad movie. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I do have a soft spot for the Rise of the Footsoldier films, even though they’re quite bad.
    Bad Day at Black Rock or Badlands are not bad films either
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Then I guess I didn't communicate my point clearly with that group of films.

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 8,691

I had my doubts at first and felt like objecting, but figured out your quaint little secret soon enough.

I suggest you add Bad Times At The El Royale, The Good Guys And The Bad Guys, and Bad Lieutenant. Though not Bad Santa, since I find nothing to like about that one in spite of Billy Bob Thornton.

You have been a very bad boy, Richard.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    "Mommy was very bad."

Trailer:

Love it, especially the incomprehensible subtitles, and the voice over that sounds nothing like Seagal - quintessential DTV era Steven.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »

Trailer:

Love it, especially the incomprehensible subtitles, and the voice over that sounds nothing like Seagal - quintessential DTV era Steven.

It's the heart frantically beating on the monitor, as he runs, that got me.
    Did I ever mention The Man Who Lived at the Ritz? It's pretty bad, but there's a high amount of nudity, including Maryam d'Abo.
    Here's one I rewatched recently: Ursus. It's a pretty dreadful Italian swords and sandals flick, it has terrible acting and a shoddy plot at best. But I had a ball with all the melodrama and a few plot points were interesting. The antagonists had a few sinister moments too.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0055577/