The bad movies you love

Comments

I sort of enjoy Always as well. Not a favorite, and way too syruppy, but still likable in its own way.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I sort of enjoy Always as well. Not a favorite, and way too syruppy, but still likable in its own way.

That shot of the ghost Dreyfuss behind Holly Hunter in the plane always makes its' way into Spielberg retrospectives and montages and for good reason. It's a beautiful moment and one of my favourite scenes in his whole catalogue.
    Star Wars the prequel trilogy
    Alien Resurrection
    Highlander 2
  • I too have a soft spot for Highlander 2, even though I know it's a bad movie! Credit is due for them at last attempting to change things up and take chances.

As for the prequels though- I've pretty much washed my hands of all of them but Ep III....
    I look forward to xXx the return of Xander Cage as I really enjoyed the first one with Diesel. It wasn't a great movie but it entertained. I am not as hindered by my fanboyish nature toward the 007 franchise that I cannot enjoy other franchises and judge them on their own merit.

I enjoy Star Wars and Star Trek, love the old Battlestar Gallactica as well with Dirk Benedict.
    I haven't watched the movie in years, but I have a soft spot for The Pumaman since childhood. Donald Pleasence does his best to give his character some... character and if nothing else Sydne Rome is hot. Yes it's abysmal. Yes it's a cheap, cheap, cheap ripoff of Superman. But I think a lot of superhero movies would be like it without their high budgets.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I don't know if it's 'bad' but Robert Zemeckis' 'Used Cars' and of course the sci-fi classic / shameless Star Wars rip-off 'Krull'. Mainly cos I watched them both a lot as a kid. I also like 'Friday the 13th: Part 6'. While within the genre and the franchise it wouldn't necessarily be considered bad I think the wider public would think so.
    Oh Krull I remember that one! It has a lot of good things going for it: some good lines, a pretty neat atmosphere and some genuinely scary bits. Had they not been ripping off Star Wars so much it might have been a decent movie. Interestingly enough the casting is full of future stars in small roles.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Deep Blue Sea

got to agree, great choice, decent cast!
    And finnish director. That's always a plus for me. Me being a finn and all.
    Peter Sallis died and I was told he was in Taste the Blood of Dracula. One of the messier, sloppier Hammer movies. But however bad it is it actually has really neat ideas sadly barely exploited. Still a bad movie and Dracula is shoehorned in shamelessly in a script that seemed to be initially influenced by The Picture of Dorian Gray but enjoyable. Always loved that it's the middle aged men here that are breaking taboos and dabbling in the forbidden and the occult, not their children. If anything it's a nice cliche reversion.
    As much as I hate to list it here, I find a lot of people find it bad... Live Free or Die Hard.

The first Die Hard is easily my favorite action film and I wouldn't hesitate to put it in my Top 5. Everyone trashes the 4th one but I think it works and shows an old-school McClane against a new breed of cyberterrorists. McClane's speech about what being a hero to his family and how it destroyed his personal life is acted great by Willis. Sure, it's not the pulling-glass-out-of-his-feet sequence from the first one but it's still a great look into McClane's life.

Now the fifth one, that's a whole different topic completely. It's best to pretend that one didn't happen.

...and I'm a sucker for pretty much any 80's and 90's action film starring Stallone, Seagal, or Schwartzenegger.

I love Steven Seagal movies. Seems like a lot people don't like his movies for some reason.
    @CrzChris4 for a movie to be mentioned you need also to consider it bad. Not underrated or unfairly criticized but properly bad.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mazouni wrote: »
    I love Steven Seagal movies. Seems like a lot people don't like his movies for some reason.

His earlier work makes for some fun action fare. I grew up rewatching the hell out of 'Out for Justice,' 'Marked For Death,' 'Under Siege,' 'Above The Law,' etc.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    @CrzChris4 for a movie to be mentioned you need also to consider it bad. Not underrated or unfairly criticized but properly bad.

Ahh, I semi missed that part - I still stand that a lot of action flicks by those guys especially during that time period are very cheesy and aren't very good by any standards but they're definitely entertaining. Pretty much any Seagal film past '02 is just bad...but I did enjoy Machete which could probably be put here. But that film was intentionally made the way it was to look very low budget.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 235
    Creasy47 wrote: »

His earlier work makes for some fun action fare. I grew up rewatching the hell out of 'Out for Justice,' 'Marked For Death,' 'Under Siege,' 'Above The Law,' etc.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

under_siege_two_dark_territory.jpg
    Above The Law,Hard To Kill,Marked For Death,Out For Justice and Under Siege are classics. My favorite Seagal movie has to be Under Siege 2.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Sudden Death. Basically Die Hard in a hockey arena during game 7 of the Stanley cup.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    If Looks Could Kill (1991)
    p13088_d_v8_aa.jpg
    Anytime I ask someone if they've ever seen this they usually tell me they've never even heard of it. It's sort of a teen spoof of James Bond. I loved watching this when I was a kid. Looking back it's probably a terrible movie but I'd still love to own this one. That is if I could find it on DVD.
    Watched it on demand. Not bad, but it was mainly a vehicle for Richard Grieco, of 21 Jump Street and Booker fame. Hmmm, I wonder what became of him. I haven't hear anything about him for quite a while now.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It's been about a year or two but the last time I saw Richard Grieco in anything was an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia where he played himself.
    960.jpg
    Looks like he had some work done.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

Because they are crap! Except for the one with Tommy Lee Jones.

I'd say especially the one with Tommy Lee Jones. Seagal never seem to struggle once in that movie.

Well most martial artist that are actor there movies are not very good. I don't watch martial art movies and expect the actor to be good however, I expect the fight scenes to be good.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2017 Posts: 17,691
    Trancers I & II are pure bad fun. Still_Trancers_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    the-phantom-poster.jpg

It gets a lot of **** flung at it, but I enjoy it.
  • It gets a lot of **** flung at it, but I enjoy it.

So much fun, and yes, so bad.
    Oh yes that one!
    I'll whisper this very quietly.

(I saw The Phantom in the cinema)

As bad as this film is I do like the nods to Bond: namely the villain called Drax and a minor character called Dr. Fleming.