The bad movies you love

Comments

LTK is in every way the superior movie... Yet at the time, and maybe even now, I preferred Road House. It had a big effect on my imagination as a child (and no, I am not talking of the amount of female nudity in the movie). Since the movie, I found the idea of a despotic man controlling through violence and intimidation a quiet little town in a modern setting a fascinating idea. Of course it is not original to Road House, and the idea is very poorly/gratuitously exploited in the movie (and excuse for violence and... female nudity), but it has so much potential. For all its flaws, I found the ending so satisfying!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Grand Budapest hotel, laughed and laughed at this film. Especially Fiennes swearing in frustration. brilliantly awful.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Chriscoop, that's not a "bad" movie. Great reviews, I believe it's the best hit for Anderson at the cinemas, and it won several Oscars (and was nominated for even more).
    It's off the wall though and just so silly, I didnt know it had such plaudits.
    It's most definitely not a bad movie.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 281
    OK OK I get it, it's not a bad film My wife thought it was, I think it's hilarious
    OK the tourist with Jolie and Depp was pretty much panned and I love this film, a lot of the reason is its setting ( it's set in venice) and I got married there a few years before Clooney did, he practically copied our day! And venice I fell in love with after visiting there because of cr06 my biggest ever bond inspired purchase
    :)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Showgirls.......no need to elaborate.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Gawd, I'm deeply ashamed of myself right now. I just shelled out 40 bucks for the exclusive steelbook Human Centipede trilogy just because it includes a color version of part 2. Wtf is wrong with me???

ff5384_de65cd6529f94ed688ebe929891f510c.png
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited September 2016 Posts: 2,721
    Gawd, I'm deeply ashamed of myself right now. I just shelled out 40 bucks for the exclusive steelbook Human Centipede trilogy just because it includes a color version of part 2. Wtf is wrong with me???

I hope you bought it in store rather than online because Interpol and the FBI have ways of tracking red-flag purchases like that when they're searching for serial killers.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SPECTRE

I love it.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    SPECTRE

I love it.

I'd hardly categorize SP as a 'bad' movie though.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SPECTRE

I love it.

Me neither.
    But according to this forum it is.
    SPECTRE

I love it.

Me neither.

Never got that feeling. I know there is a lot of disappointment with it but reading posts on here I'd say it was about half and half.
  • I loved Spectre. It just didn't quite live up to the hype, and came after SkyFall (which was excellent)
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I'm a secret fan of Lew Grade films (well it's not so secret fan now). Among the dross there are a few gems though - I'm principally thinking 'Escape To Athena' & 'The Boys From Brazil'. In fact I'm going to watch the latter this evening.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Boys From Brazil is bad? How?
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    The Boys From Brazil is bad? How?

I think you misread my post.

I see, you mean all his other films.
    Judge Dredd - I am the laaawww!
    Last Action Hero
    Ghostbusters 2
    Robocop 3
    Alien Resurrection
    Austin Powers in Goldmember
    Bad Taste
    Braindead

Alien Resurrection

Bad Taste

Those two are fun.

SPECTRE

I love it.

Me neither.

It has to be a bad movie, not a controversial or an average one.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 11,189
    Jingle all the Way

• edited December 2016 Posts: 4,599
    I watched Firefox again last night, typical 80s cold war stuff and not a good basis for Clint's talents but I just love the Cheese and Freddie Jone's over acting is just wonderful.

"you must think in Russian"

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    REVENGE OF THE SITH.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    patb wrote: »
    I watched Firefox again last night, typical 80s cold war stuff and not a good basis for Clint's talents but I just love the Cheese and Freddie Jone's over acting is just wonderful.

"you must think in Russian"

I love Firefox. Great 80's flick and you're right: Freddie Jones is a hoot.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Masters of the Universe.
    Black Rain (1989)

Dumb, clichéd, with an abysmal script. Lord only knows why Ridley Scott took on this unoriginal cop caper.

I do like it a lot though!

The film looks fantastic with the Osaka night time scenes really standing out. And Michael Douglas is the hilariously tough with a pudgy face cop, who is determined to get his man!

Poor Andy Garcia has the thankless role of 'sacrificial Lamb' when he gets his head lopped off by the baddie!

Some great action scenes (especially at the beginning) and Yakuza style violence make this for all its idiocy a fun watch!
    Caught a bit of SpiceWorld: The Movie earlier on tv. Remember recording it off Sky on Christmas Day in the late 90s and haven't seen it for years.

Now though? Definitely NOT a bad movie I love. Good god, the horror.
    Spielberg's Always. I acknowledge its' many huge flaws (it is a remake of an infinitely superior Spencer Tracy film called A Guy Named Joe) and yet I'm endeared to it. Dreyfuss is the highlight of the film, absolutely.