SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

antovolk wrote: »
    IIRC, the unhappiness re: placement is due to the fact that it's a bit implausible according to BB and Mendes that Bond/MI6 would use Sony phones and gear as opposed to Apple's iPhone for instance which is "the best" and (paraphrasing) 'Bond would use the best'.
    Or Blackberrys for their security.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 3,164
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Or Blackberrys for their security.

Exactly. (don't think BB was mentioned in the emails tho)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If anything, Sony should feel embarrassed associating their products with clandestine matters and security given what happened to them. It's like they're begging to not be taken seriously.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited February 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Edit
  • Me I don't even remember Iphone mentionned actually, but I may be wrong. But you got the gist of it with Antovolk summary. The creative team is nonplussed by Sony phones Bond has to use...

About the product placement, well, since we are in the leaks thread, it gives me two good reasons to mention Heineken will feature far more than in SF according to the leaked screenplay : The content of an Heineken bottle will be used by Bond to detect a leak in the floor.. This is not really Skyfall Home Alone McGyver Part II, but this time people will notice the Heineken for sure.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    As Heineken is my favourite import beer, just by a nudge. Kind of the default import selection, when one isn't sure...... so I am happy to see it achieve some prominence in SP.
    Good beer.Never lets you down.

I don't care about the Sony product placement. The movie is fantasy, so in this 007 world, Sony can brand the the cutting edge spyware that 007 uses.
    In this world, Sony makes the best stuff.
    I'm good, and so should be Eon, as long as the Sony cheques don't bounce.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    timmer wrote: »
    As Heineken is my favourite import beer, just by a nudge. Kind of the default import selection, when one isn't sure...... so I am happy to see it achieve some prominence in SP.
    Good beer.Never lets you down.

I don't care about the Sony product placement. The movie is fantasy, so in this 007 world, Sony can brand the the cutting edge spyware that 007 uses.
    In this world, Sony makes the best stuff.
    I'm good, and so should be Eon, as long as the Sony cheques don't bounce.

Yes, Sony goes for all that because of sponsors (phones, beers, drinks,...)

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Jesper Christensen finished his scenes this week and he sports a bear now according to the Danish newspaper. So we know it's like in the script.

For a translation and the full article (interesting read!) visit James Bond Radio's facebook page.
    Looks like Christensen's scenes won't be exactly the same as in the scripts, as he has had some say in adjusting the lines. He's played the character twice before, so he's most likely put a lot of thought into how he would think and what he would say. Some actors get into the mindset of characters, create back stories that, whilst not included in the finished films, help them become the characters and make them more believable.

Christensen might have created his own back story for Mr. White, and had thoughts about how he would act and what he would say.

Could be interesting to see...
  • After hearing marketto report that a photo call in Rome is going to happen on the 18th February, who do we think we'll appear. I think it may just be Craig, Bellucci and Bautista. It'll be basically the same as the Austrian photocall but with Bellucci instead of Seydoux.
    After hearing marketto report that a photo call in Rome is going to happen on the 18th February, who do we think we'll appear. I think it may just be Craig, Bellucci and Bautista. It'll be basically the same as the Austrian photocall but with Bellucci instead of Seydoux.

+ the DB10 and possibly the Jaguar C-X75, maybe Waltz.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,208
    After hearing marketto report that a photo call in Rome is going to happen on the 18th February, who do we think we'll appear. I think it may just be Craig, Bellucci and Bautista. It'll be basically the same as the Austrian photocall but with Bellucci instead of Seydoux.

I think we will see only Craig, Monica and Bautista at the Rome photocall, because only they will be in the Rome scenes
    aaron819 wrote: »

I think we will see only Craig, Monica and Bautista at the Rome photocall, because only they will be in the Rome scenes

Waltz could be there in the shadows during the funeral scene.

Not the cars?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited February 2015 Posts: 805
    slyfox wrote: »

Waltz could be there in the shadows during the funeral scene.

I've only read the initial script outline but isn't Blofeld, I mean Oberhausen chairing the SPECTRE meeting in Rome?

Oberhauser is also at the funeral. Bond sees his back.
    So I believe Waltz will be there, too.
    I've only read the initial script outline but isn't Blofeld, I mean Oberhausen chairing the SPECTRE meeting in Rome?
    Yeah, but they are interior shots mostly filmed at Pinewood.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Zekidk wrote: »

Aah I see, thanks for clearing that one up for me. In which case, I can't see Waltz making an appearance at the Rome photo call. They'll probably shoot his funeral crowd scene in London too rather than fly him all the way to Rome for a glimpse of his back lol
    Amy Pascal Steps Down From Sony Pictures Leadership Post
    http://www.slashfilm.com/amy-pascal-steps-down/
    Amy Pascal Steps Down From Sony Pictures Leadership Post
    http://www.slashfilm.com/amy-pascal-steps-down/
    I think her position has been pretty untenable for a while now, it was only a matter of time with some of the remarks that have come to light. They may have been said in, what was intended to be, private, but that doesn't lessen what was actually said.
    The Idris Elba for James Bond fan club have lost a big backer.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    James Bond I think did too?

Aah I see, thanks for clearing that one up for me. In which case, I can't see Waltz making an appearance at the Rome photo call. They'll probably shoot his funeral crowd scene in London too rather than fly him all the way to Rome for a glimpse of his back lol

I think they'll film it all in Rome, otherwise no point in having the graveyard which they've found. The only question will be how much of Oberhausen they show the audience in the scene. It could be a body double but I suspect it'll be him.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 203
    So for thoese who have read the script, what is the 'hook' that Sam and John came up with?

from INMDB 'Sam Mendes and John Logan came up with the main concept for the plot together, according to former Bond screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who ended up returning to the series to do re-writes on the screenplay, because the inner sanctum of the production (the star, director and producers) were not allegedly satisfied with the script.'

is it the new M being the big baddie or Blofeld?
    or is it using SPECTRE as an organization or both?

why, i am asking this question is that it would have been rediculous to kick John Logan out for a 'hook' that both he and Sam came up with? no?
    I've read that part too in the trivia section. The "trivia" part of IMDb can be quite unreliable.
  • Not commenting on the specific IMDB reference, but interviews with Logan last year (such as when his first draft was almost done) reference him working "closely" with both Mendes and Craig.

Maybe they didn't work as closely as Logan made it sound. Or maybe they did but when they saw the first draft it wasn't what they thought was coming.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 203
    Not commenting on the specific IMDB reference, but interviews with Logan last year (such as when his first draft was almost done) reference him working "closely" with both Mendes and Craig.

Maybe they didn't work as closely as Logan made it sound. Or maybe they did but when they saw the first draft it wasn't what they thought was coming.

I thought it was Ralf Finnes who 'refused' to make M the bad guy. Maybe, Sam threw John under the bus 'so to speak'? maybe that is why John was supposedly upset with how things shook out in the end. If that is the case, I feel bad for John Logan. Things like this happen all the time. Sam, Dan and the producers would have surely known the general ideas or 'hooks' John was working on, unlike Paul Haggis, who did not work with the director and came up with Vesper's son 'hook' for QOS - which got thrown out. Anyway interesting goings on none the less!
    Fun fact:
    There are 129 pages in total, divided into 203 scenes.
    Of the 129 pages, 40-41 pages are exterior shots, and the rest, around 90 pages, are interior shots, meaning than more than 2/3 of the movie will be shot at Pinewood.
    Fun fact:
    There are 129 pages in total, divided into 203 scenes.
    Of the 129 pages, 40-41 pages are exterior shots, and the rest, around 90 pages, are interior shots, meaning than more than 2/3 of the movie will be shot at Pinewood.
    In the leaked version? I doubt subsequent versions will have changed much, but I do think there may have been a version or two after that.
  • //Maybe, Sam threw John under the bus 'so to speak'? //

Maybe. There was something off-kilter (maybe more than one thing) as the script was being conceived and written. We now know via 20-20 hindsight that the release date was announced without even a first draft. (Release date announced July 2013, first draft not turned in until March or April 2014).

I also have a little trouble believing Mendes, et al were caught totally off guard by the first draft.

Anyway, water under the bridge for now -- at least until somebody writes a more comprehensive version of the behind the scenes story of the film.