SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm contacting the right people now to confirm or deny this information of shooting SPECTRE here in Brazil. Hope it's true. Can you imagine HOW COOL would it be for me?! :D:D:D
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    timmer wrote: »

...Bothe is basically Spectre muscle, so he could pop up at the meeting in Rome too. or possibly Mexico scenes.
    Notice the release says "either" Rome or Brazil,not both.
    What could Brazil be standing in for?

I think you've got it spot on @timmer. Reckon Bothe will appear at the Spectre meeting in Rome. He'll be set up there as a Spectre enforcer which will make his appearance in the ski lift with Q later far more menacing.

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Germanlady has just posted in the timeline thread that Brigitte Millar will be playing a villain in Spectre. Do you think that Irma Bunt is back? Or maybe this is an entirely new role? With the extra scenes for Bothe it seems that they are amending the script as they shoot :)
    leas_mole wrote: »
    Germanlady has just posted in the timeline thread that Brigitte Millar will be playing a villain in Spectre. Do you think that Irma Bunt is back? Or maybe this is an entirely new role? With the extra scenes for Bothe it seems that they are amending the script as they shoot :)

She could be playing Vogel, the German woman who stands up in the Spectre meeting and speaks to the group. Or at least someone present there.
    The release says she is filming at both pinewood and Rome.
    So, I guess she might be one of the Spectre operatives at Rome meeting.
    Isn't there a woman who speaks up at the meeting?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 574
    Gustav_Graves has said that Brigitte Millar speaks fluent German (as well as French) so she probably is Vogel.
    I wonder who they have casted as the spaniard!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Save me looking up. Who is Vogel?
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    But the line itself wasn't uttered until this film though. And you guys are forgetting what really happens when he does finally order one :)) (those who've read the scripts will know)

Yep. I love it.
    Bad Timing to order a Wodka Martini in a Hospital. haha.

One of my favorite lines in the movie is when the bartender finally says, "Here's your drink, sir" and Bond says, "Flush it down the toilet. Eliminate the middle man." Hahaha.
    Also... in the latest draft they added a short scene, right after the car chase: Bond walking past the garbage truck after exiting his chute, simply uttering the words "Morning" to the garbage collectors. Hilarious!
    Save me looking up. Who is Vogel?
    I did go back to the script - yes there is a German woman called Vogel that stands up and speaks in German during the Rome meeting. Totally forgot about that part.

Also, I just realised there is a Moreau there too and he's French. Of all the surnames to pick :P
    Isn't Moreau like Smith or Jones in English? Not sure.

I think you've got it. Brigitte Millar is most likely "Vogel", evil German Spectre woman.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    One of my favorite lines in the movie is when the bartender finally says, "Here's your drink, sir" and Bond says, "Flush it down the toilet. Eliminate the middle man." Hahaha.

Also... in the latest draft they added a short scene, right after the car chase: Bond walking past the garbage truck after exiting his chute, simply uttering the words "Morning" to the garbage collectors. Hilarious!

The drink line works, as it's some really annoying organic, clinic, health drink, that would be anathema to Bond.

Those are good lines. The film seems to have a nice blend of suspense, drama and very Bondian throw-away wit too.
    I can see Craig delivering these lines real well.

I think you've got it. Brigitte Millar is most likely "Vogel", evil German Spectre woman.
    I was thinking Moreau as in Sabine Moreau ;) as in MI:GP

leas_mole wrote: »

I was thinking Moreau as in Sabine Moreau ;) as in MI:GP
    Ahhh. I see said the blind man. As in Seydoux's assassin character.

Well they look to be pre-prepping the finale chase:
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    will Léa's hair be like that?

ea79f673e832f3a805b4d6eede5f6732.jpg

77c729775b43ebbb07af3e13f5df9674.jpg

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What does everyone here think? Will this be Craig's last Bond film? I certainly hope not as he's my favorite actor to portray 007. Last I heard he was signed on for one more after SPECTRE. Has this changed?
    The head of the James Bond universe MI6 is known as M, the idea was taken from the real life SIS, also known as MI6, who's chief is known as "C" after Sir Mansfield Cumming who signed his documents with the singular C - this practice is still used today.

Until the 1940s, the head of MI5 was known as "K" after Captain Vernon Kell, who similarly signed documents with the initial of his surname.

In SPECTRE, they seem to be mixing things up slightly, using the "C" designation for the head of MI5 - if they wanted to use a letter designation for this character, shouldn't they use something a little less close to home? There're 25 letters they could use (not counting M), why C?
    Maybe they use "c" because of what you explain. As a nod to real Mi6.
    That's my guess.
    chipsticks wrote: »

Those are some great shots. Great expression range. She might do some real memorable work with this Swann role.
    That's my guess.
    but for MI5? That's the problem I have with it.

JCRendle wrote: »
    That's my guess.
    but for MI5? That's the problem I have with it.
    I do see your problem. I'm guessing they filched it, because Mi6 uses it in real life.

As an aside, there is a great little reference to mi6 in the new espionage thriller, The Imitation Game.
    I can't remember the exact line, but one of the spymasters is counting off some things about mi5. He counts 5, but when he gets to 6, he says there is no 6, there is no Mi6, yet that's who they are all working for - this group trying to crack Enigma.
    Mi6 then, was so top secret it didn't exist. Defty written line.

Mi6 it seems, was created during WWII to deal with the very pressing need for a foreign intelligence service.

MI6 doesn't, strictly, exist - It's the SIS, or Secret Intelligence Service, which it's been known as since the 1920s - MI6 was just a nickname. MI5 is actually called The Security Service.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    MI6 doesn't, strictly, exist - It's the SIS, or Secret Intelligence Service, which it's been known as since the 1920s - MI6 was just a nickname. MI5 is actually called The Security Service.
    Ahh thanks, so when did the name Mi6 come into nickname play?

It came from the actual divisions of the Military Intelligence during World War 1, MI5 was Counterintelligence and MI6 liaised with the Secret Intelligence Service and the Foreign Office. There were several different Military Intelligence divisions, for example MI1 was concerned with code breaking, MI9 worked to debrief Prisoners of War and interrogated foreign Prisoners of war, MI15 were in charge of aerial surveillance - spy planes etc - the full list are online. After the war, they were absorbed into other departments of the government and Department of Defense (DOD), only the MI5 and MI6 designations are really known today.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    That's my guess.

Those are some great shots. Great expression range. She might do some real memorable work with this Swann role.

glad you like them Timmer

;)

;)
    I am on board with Lea-Swann. She's going to be one hell of a Bond girl.
    Somehow I don't think that's the hair we are going to see, but I wouldn't mind seeing that first picture "look."

@jc rendle. thanks for mi-5/mi-6 breakdown.

;)
    I am on board with Lea-Swann. She's going to be one hell of a Bond girl.
    Somehow I don't think that's the hair we are going to see, but I wouldn't mind seeing that first picture "look."

I can't wait either 8->
    @jc rendle. thanks for mi-5/mi-6 breakdown.
    Glad to be of service
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    Detlef Bothe has been added to the IMDb cast list with "spoilers" of his character. I already know a lot of us know his role in the film but I know a lot of people on 'Spectre Production Timeline' will probably be annoyed by this spoilers. It seems like any information even in the smallest form can send some users over the edge.

This comment is really redundant if everyone on that discussion already knows haha. Also actress Neve Gachev is credited as a 'Clinic Patron'. Fun fact for you, Neve also appeared in Skyfall as a 'London Commuter'.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Crazy theory: Neve Cachev is playing the same character, after the stress of seeing a man with a gun on the underground, she had to recuperate at a clinic! The films are linked, Bond will look at her and give her a "haven't I seen you somewhere before" look. ;)
    Great find! It's actually Neve Gachev. I think she can be elevated to small-part Bond girl status, and for a second straight film, although I can't place her scene in SF.

1ef061de9b4c7cd34c4a9e7a4fe9dd01.jpg