SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

So..

Oberhauser is an übervillain in charge of a bigger crimeorganisation than Quantum that does exactly what? Seemingly random terrorattacks around the globe? What's to gain? What is his endgame, besides using a mole to obtain control over an intelligence agency?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    We do have examples of terrorist attacks that Spectre is apparently behind. These are mentioned at the secret meeting. I think they are also plotting other events. Very Quantum like, though as we know, Quantum was merely a division.
    Oberhauser is essentially plotting to run the world from behind the scenes.
    Very conspiratorial. There is early reference to a "new world order" The nine eyes allows Spectre access to all of the world's intelligence gathering.
    The movie strikes me as a Spectre reveal film and also as a way to tie the first 3 films together.
    Going forward Spectre is being set up as the shadowy big bad, that will menace Bond and Mi6 in perpetuity.
    Conspiracy buffs may even start to reference Spectre as an example of the shadowy secret global domination organization, that they like to warn about.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    timmer wrote: »
    We do have examples of terrorist attacks that Spectre is apparently behind.
    Yes, but Spectre is suppose to use methods of extortion, like in TB, right? Where's the extortion here? Just blow up stuff and kill innocent people? Since the motive is neither religion, revenge or money, I hope things are fleshed out more in the final product.
    Has anyone read the Raymond Benson novels and the Spectre script?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    We do have examples of terrorist attacks that Spectre is apparently behind.
    Yes, but Spectre is suppose to use methods of extortion, like in TB, right? Where's the extortion here? Just blow up stuff and kill innocent people? Since the motive is neither religion, revenge or money, I hope things are fleshed out more in the final product.
    Oberhauser refers to the extortion aspect during his 'presentation' - "biographical leverage"

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm curious about several things from the script. Those who read it can please tell me if SPECTRE itseflt, as an organization, is mentioned during the film?
    I'm curious about several things from the script. Those who read it can please tell me if SPECTRE itseflt, as an organization, is mentioned during the film?

Yes, SPECTRE as an organisation is mentioned in the movie.
  • icsics
    Hummmm normally i am on Ajb forum and not on mi6... ajb the World of bond props etc...anyway please PM a link for the SP (screenplay) of SP... i have only read the 4 page outline.....
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i am still so disappointed that they removed the members of SPECTRE wearing black masks at the meeting which Bond infiltrates...... such a creepy and ominous scene.
  • I'm a very big fan of what they did with Q for this draft of the script. All in all it will make for a really entertaining Bond film even though the ending will spark debate long up until Bond 25.
    It would be nice for this to be Craig's swansong.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If it is, prepare for A LOT of Swannsong quips from various people.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    One last screw;)?
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Yes, SPECTRE as an organisation is mentioned in the movie.

Yes, Q roots it out and Madeleine identifies it as Spectre, as she is only too familiar with the organization given who her dad is.
    This is a good story, these guys put together. We learn Mr White was the #2 for 20 years. Who knew? A rewatching of both CR and QoS now puts White in new perspective.
    Doesn't Oberhauser tell Madeleine that she is responsible for her dad's death. I think he basically tells her at the dinner, that her questioning her dad about his life etc made him soft and thus of no further use to Spectre.

Some of the Bond-Swann dialogue is quite entertaining I think. Good standoffish type relationship, until they are ultimately united in the danger and shared common peril.
    When Swann gets mock flirty,Bond says "but I hardly know you?" :))
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Has anyone read the Raymond Benson novels and the Spectre script?
    Are you suggesting the Union resembles Spectre? hmmm

Best line in the script:

"I'd thought he'd never shut up."

Absolutely love it!
    [
    When Swann gets mock flirty,Bond says "but I hardly know you?" :))

I love that scene, suvberting expectations like that :D
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    one of my favorite scenes/lines - is the whole part when Oberhauser makes Bond at the Spectre meeting - "I know you're out there."... damn i can picture Waltz saying that beautifully..
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Doesn't Oberhauser tell Madeleine that she is responsible for her dad's death. I think he basically tells her at the dinner, that her questioning her dad about his life etc made him soft and thus of no further use to Spectre.
    Oberhauser told Madeleine that her father weakened when she cut him out her life. However earlier at the L'Americain, Madeleine tells Bond that her father disappeared and never spoke to her in six years.
    Best line in the script:

Absolutely love it!
    Yes, it's a great line. In fact there are a lot of great one-liners. Q comes to mind at the clinic and Christmas decorations....
    Best line in the script:

Absolutely love it!
    that's a good one too...referring to Hinx's feeble attempts to finally speak.
    speaking of, do we think Hinx survives going under the wheels.
    I don't think he does.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 3,164
    When Bond *finally* orders his first vodka Martini shaken not stirred of Craig's era...
    :))
    Best line in the script:

Absolutely love it!
    that's a good one too...referring to Hinx's feeble attempts to finally speak.
    speaking of, do we think Hinx survives going under the wheels.
    I don't think he does.
    Unless they want to go down the Jaws route, and have him as a returning henchman...
    But at least with Jaws they always told us he survived.
    This Hinx death seems pretty definitive. Doesn't seem to be ambiguous.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    antovolk wrote: »
    When Bond *finally* orders his first vodka Martini shaken not stirred of Craig's era...
    Made with Belvedere vodka of course!
    leas_mole wrote: »

Nah, that's the second one.
    Oberhauser told Madeleine that her father weakened when she cut him out her life. However earlier at the L'Americain, Madeleine tells Bond that her father disappeared and never spoke to her in six years.

Right. That is a little confusing. Ernst says she cut him out. Swann says he disappeared for six years.
    Might be just two ways of saying the same thing.
    ie it seems she cut him out because he was murderous bastard. This got to him (not being loved by darling daughter) so he disappeared.
    She saved his soul though (well maybe not, it is White we are talking about).
    Better to be on the outs with a guy like Oberhauser as opposed to being on the "in."
    Being on the "in" or #2 of Spectre, I think is akin to being a Heinrich Himmler or an Irma Bunt. Shudder.

Nah, that's the second one.

We've come a long way since, "does it look like I give a damn?" Bravo.
    btw @antovolk, if not Belvedere, what vodka will you have Bond drinking in honor of his first "shaken not stirred?"

Technically his first shaken not stirred was the last film... it was a visual cue though of course.

Or the Vesper Martini, shaken well until it's ice cold, in both CR and QoS?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Will the interior shots of the train in Morocco be shot at Pinewood?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,164
    But the line itself wasn't uttered until this film though. And you guys are forgetting what really happens when he does finally order one :)) (those who've read the scripts will know)
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Will the interior shots of the train in Morocco be shot at Pinewood?
    Yes, it seems so. Although some exterior establishing shots including Craig has already been shot last month.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    ics wrote: »
    Hummmm normally i am on Ajb forum and not on mi6... ajb the World of bond props etc...anyway please PM a link for the SP (screenplay) of SP... i have only read the 4 page outline.....

I would ask that this is ignored.

@ics please read the following
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10474/mi6-policy-on-spectre-sony-leaks-updated-1-1-15#latest

This site is not here to provide illegally gained material, so please do not pursue this.