SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

I'm just guessing but its because of the those parallels (jo public won't see them) that they are having fun with us.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Thanks for that summary! @shpectre.

Bond does make his choice, it seems, by tossing gun in river.....although that choice could be changed.....but I do think the "all the time in the world" line foreshadows doom

• patb wrote: »
    I'm just guessing but its because of the those parallels (jo public won't see them) that they are having fun with us.
    timmer wrote: »
    Thanks for that summary! @shpectre.

Bond does make his choice, it seems, by tossing gun in river.....although that choice could be changed.....but I do think the "all the time in the world" line foreshadows doom

I don't have a problem with Madeleine as a character, but the "all the time in the world" line seems to indicate she is The New Woman in Bond's life (I capitalized that for a reason). And EON should make that happen, by all means, but my concern is that as she appears in the script, Madeleine doesn't seem to have as strong a connection with Bond as would preclude him throwing his gun in the river and apparently driving off into the figurative sunset with her, FOREVER. Keep the parallels to Tracy and whatnot but until I'm given more evidence that the Bond/Madeleine dynamic is a love story for the ages, I feel like the film would be much better off ending with them driving off and Bond not uttering that meaningful sentence to her.

You never know, since the leak and the producers knowing that some fans have read it, they may be keeping an eye on the forums and seeing what we think...
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    You never know, since the leak and the producers knowing that some fans have read it, they may be keeping an eye on the forums and seeing what we think...

You could be closure to the truth than you realise.
  • JCRendle wrote: »

Okay, fine. You got me.

I'm actually Sam Mendes. And I'm incorporating all of your ideas into the script.

shpectre wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »

Okay, fine. You got me.

I'm actually Sam Mendes. And I'm incorporating all of your ideas into the script.

:)) OK then Sam, count me in for leaving the line in. I'm really liking all the parallel scenarios from not only OHMSS, but other films too.
    Really looking forward to seeing what the dinner with DN, I mean Oberhauser, looks like.
    Oh, and any chance of a Lea in a bikini scene please?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    the way the "we have all the time in the world" line is spoken in the film will decide it's context...

when we as Bond fans here that line, we immediately think of Louis Armstrong and Bond telling Tracy as they are driving off at the end of OHMSS "now we have all the time in the world." in very loving manner...

Daniel could say it completely differently, and get a very different vibe from it... he could deliver the line similar to way he told Fields in QOS "Well then we have all night." .... those who remember that line will know the tone in which i am trying to imply here.
    It is not wise to believe everything in the leaks. There is a school of thought that the Sony hacking event was a publicity stunt to push for audiences for The Interview. As such, the leaks are an unreliable source.

I have something of an inside track, so it can be taken that any information I pass on is reliable.

I am literally rolling on the floor laughing! =)) Anyone who believes that the Sony hacking was a publicity stunt is either INSANE or has not read any of the leaked materials. There is NO WAY they created HUNDREDS OF GIGABYTES worth of data (e-mails, scripts etc.) just to generate some publicity for a mid-budget movie.

As for your "inside track", good luck finding someone who will believe you! ;)
  • It is not wise to believe everything in the leaks. There is a school of thought that the Sony hacking event was a publicity stunt to push for audiences for The Interview. As such, the leaks are an unreliable source.

I have something of an inside track, so it can be taken that any information I pass on is reliable.

I am literally rolling on the floor laughing! =)) Anyone who believes that the Sony hacking was a publicity stunt is either INSANE or has not read any of the leaked materials. There is NO WAY they created HUNDREDS OF GIGABYTES worth of data (e-mails, scripts etc.) just to generate some publicity for a mid-budget movie.

As for your "inside track", good luck finding someone who will believe you! ;)

I agree completely. Sure, if the only documents that had been leaked were SPECTRE scripts, people would doubt its veracity, but it was leaked with an absolute metric ton of other things.

Personal information (e.g. SSNs) of Sony employees. Contact information for many people in the industry, including well-known actors and Barbara Broccoli herself, that executives such as Amy Pascal were in contact with. Those things can't be forged, and nobody is psychotic enough anyway to forge hundreds of details such as those just to get a fake script out there.

Let us not forget that SPECTRE was not the only movie affected by this. I myself have also read leaked drafts pertaining to movies such as The Girl Who Played With Fire from the Sony hacks. Are we to believe that somebody's got enough free time to make fake scripts for all these movies too?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 5,745
    I just had the best epiphany..

What if, since CraigBond already lost Vesper*, they end SPECTRE almost the same as OHMSS, but with a twist.

Bond and Swann ride off together in the Aston, talking of marriage or whatever and stop just as in OHMSS. Except when NotBlofeld comes flying by shooting, he misses and B25 is finishing off Quantum, SPECTRE, and NotBlofeld for good?

I'd be VERY happy with that. An obvious but emotional nod to the past, without being a tired one.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,400
    Who do we think will play the 10 year old Bond in the photo? Should they just use some digital effects and manipulate a young Craig in the snap?

article-2017176-0D18AC9200000578-619_233x383.jpg
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    You would also need a young Oberhauser

Christoph_Waltz_as_a_child_by_lazymom.jpg
    Are they actually filming a chase scene on the Glacier, or just the road leading up to it? Does the snowmobile chase happen here? They seem to be filming for a week in February up there.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Are they actually filming a chase scene on the Glacier, or just the road leading up to it? Does the snowmobile chase happen here? They seem to be filming for a week in February up there.

There is no snowmobile chase in SPECTRE as far as I know.

It's Bond in a plane vs. Hinx and his men in 3 Range Rovers. That's it.
    How is Mr. White Handeled in the script is he done well or no?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'd say he's left pretty bloody.
    the thing is does the completion of White's Story line feel fitting for fans of the character (whcih I am) and also how would you classify him in Spectre an enemy an ally Draco 2.0
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    Risico007 wrote: »
    the thing is does the completion of White's Story line feel fitting for fans of the character (whcih I am) and also how would you classify him in Spectre an enemy an ally Draco 2.0

I think it's a nice conclusion for the character. It's not an extremely long scene but it has a certain amount of tension. No extravegant action sequence, but it's simply a scene between two men. One who has a job to do and one whose has reached rock-bottom. I do think this we'll be a scene to remember.
    well considering how many on this forum were willing to drop Mr White like a hot potatoe even though he was the best villian in the Craig era (there I said it and I am not taking it back) I am glad he is getting some resolution.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I agree with you.
    I think Mr. White was the connecting feature of Craig's "Series", even if he wasn't in Skyfall...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I think Mr. White was the connecting feature of Craig's "Series", even if he wasn't in Skyfall...
    The Subtle references to CR and QoS certainly helped out in Skyfall.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    Risico007 wrote: »
    How is Mr. White Handeled in the script is he done well or no?
    The cabin scene at the lake: I did not like the change they made for the December script. They made him a lot weaker, and removed a lot of tension from the scene.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I would've preferred to see White come to a sticky end at the Spectre meeting in Rome, in a lovely 'we do not tolerate failure' kinda way

@DrShatterhand
    That would have been a shame, IMO. And they already have one killed at the meeting - the Spaniard.

I kind of prefer a final confrontation between Bond and Mr.White.
  • I love "we have all the time of the world" as the final line, because it shows a happy ending for 90% of the audience and an interesting open ending for 10%, the core fans.
    In October draft, Bond-Madeleine relationship was much deeper than the average Bond-Bond Girl relationship, but we must wait to watch how Craig and Seydoux work together.
    I believe the Oberhauser/Stokman/Ernst Servan/Blofeld issue will remain open and it will be discoverd in Bond 25, whose title may be "Blofeld" and might be announced during the ending credits of "Spectre"...

This is the end of Spectre, but James Bond will return in "Blofeld".
    It would be nice to have a "James Bond will return in..." ending after 32 years.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Maybe the B25 title will be 'All the time In The World'
    What do you think of the idea of Oberhauser having a Blofeldesque scar inflicted towards the end? The physically deformed Blofeld was only used for Donald Pleasence's portrayal - Telly Savalas had the baldness, but not the scar and Charles Gray had hair and no scar.

If Waltz is indeed going to play Blofeld, I think that they should avoid the scaring, as it would remind people of Dr. Evil, something I think they should try and avoid.