SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    doubleoego wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I think I'm allowed to ask these questions in this thread.

First will there be a ski chase in the movie and is Seydoux character a goodie or a bady?

I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can so simple answers for these questions

Thanks
    A ski chase is indeed planned.
    Seydoux as far as I am aware, will be portrayed as a villain.

Martin

And you're the same joker who claims to know who's singing the Bond theme. Riiiiiiiiight.

he's also the same clown who believes and is adamant that the film DAF was all a dream sequence, simply because Roger Moore wakes up in bed in LALD - and this just isn't his opinion - but he honestly believes it was 100% written to be a dream sequence, and that it's pretty much common knowledge..... lol.

what a boob.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    I thought I saw a spectre at his shoulder
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    slyfox wrote: »

First will there be a ski chase in the movie and is Seydoux character a goodie or a bady?

I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can so simple answers for these questions

Thanks

Martin

I'll counter that! I don't know what script you've read!

- There won't be a ski chase but will be another chase involving vehicles in Austria.

- Sedoux won't be portraying a villain.

I've only read the outline and some of the script, but NO there is no ski chase. The bad guys capture Swann from the clinic bar, I believe it is. They take off in a car convoy with Swann staring out the back window of one of the cars (this image reminds me of something from another movie, but I can't place it). Bond gives chase in a plane, which later crashes into the house Eon has been building. We have massive chase through winter-woods roads, cars crashing everywhere, with Bond giving final chase via broken parts of the plane.
    The scenario does remind of Bond's improvisation via the celo case in TLD.

I also think the parachute scene which is being discussed for Rome, is actually the scene where Bond ejects from the Aston during the Rome car chase, and floats back to earth via parachute.

Swann is White's daugher. Bond encounters her at the clinic. I think she is a shrink of some sort.
    The Swann character it seems is modeled after Tracy somewhat, in that her father is a criminal, and that Bond eventually falls for her after a snow adventure battling Blofeld and Spectre. Very OHMSS like.
    White, I think turns out be a kind of ally in this film, having fallen out of favour with Spectre, but this is a very thin parallel with Draco, as Draco was a true ally of Bond from the start, at least once he learned that Bond had been treating his wayward daughter with kindness.

I am not quite up on the Swann character, but I don't think she has the same issues that Tracy had, ie depressed, reckless and suicidal, but I am sure as I delve deeper, parallels with Tracy will become apparent.
    Has anyone that has read deeper than I have, learned anything about Swann and how she might compare with Tracy.
    timmer wrote: »

Thanks

Martin

- There won't be a ski chase but will be another chase involving vehicles in Austria.

The bad guys capture Swann from the clinic bar, I believe it is. They take off in a car convoy with Swann staring out the back window of one of the cars (this image reminds me of something from another movie, but I can't place it)

GoldenEye tank chase with Natalia in the back of the car? That's what came to mind with me.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I am not quite up on the Swann character, but I don't think she has the same issues that Tracy had, ie depressed, reckless and suicidal, but I am sure as I delve deeper, parallels with Tracy will become apparent.
    Has anyone that has read deeper than I have, learned anything about Swann and how she might compare with Tracy.

from what i read - and i am basing this purely on the films, not the novels, as i havent read OHMSS... but IMO, the comparison of Swann to Tracy is a "on the surface" one... they both have crime daddies, Bond falls for both of them - but in terms of character i think thats where it stops.... Swann reminds me a bit more of Vesper than Tracy - although they were all pretty much cut from the same cloth - but Swann's constant questioning of Bond's career and life decisions reminds me a bit more of Vesper.... Tracy didn't seem to care lol.

Thanks

Martin

The bad guys capture Swann from the clinic bar, I believe it is. They take off in a car convoy with Swann staring out the back window of one of the cars (this image reminds me of something from another movie, but I can't place it)

GoldenEye tank chase with Natalia in the back of the car? That's what came to mind with me.
    Thanks! That's exactly it, although we won't be able to really compare until we see the film.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    The most profound comparison is that Bond and Swann will get married towards the end of the film, although to the best of my knowledge, she doesn't die, so there is a difference there.
    Gotta hand it to the writers. Dan deserves to be happy at the end of one of his movies...at least until the next one
    The most profound comparison is that Bond and Swann will get married towards the end of the film, although to the best of my knowledge, she doesn't die, so there is a difference there.
    Yea, this doesn't happen...

they dont get married at the end of the film.

now go away.
    I've just had a thought...

do_not_feed_the_troll_by_veilx-d38viyi.jpg
    It is not wise to believe everything in the leaks. There is a school of thought that the Sony hacking event was a publicity stunt to push for audiences for The Interview. As such, the leaks are an unreliable source.

I have something of an inside track, so it can be taken that any information I pass on is reliable.
    I really hope they don't try to redo the character and story of Tracy with another character
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    I really hope they don't try to redo the character and story of Tracy with another character

i personally dont feel like it's going to happen... i dont see them having Bond get married again... and if she does die, it'll happen at the beginning or at some point in Bond 25.... i know EON have toyed with the idea of returning their leading ladies before, but have never done it... maybe they will this time - that would be the first time ever then... obviously the last time it happened was with Sylvia Trench between DN and FRWL - but she wasn't the lead girl.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552
    I have something of an inside track, so it can be taken that any information I pass on is reliable.
    Just because you say your information is reliable, doesn't make it so. All we have is your word on the matter, and - for all we know - it could be as reliable as Bill Clinton's claim that he "did not have sexual relations with that woman", or the Greeks saying "It's just a model of a horse, nothing suspicious here... :^o "
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    How do people think Swann could exist in Bond 25 without dying or effecting the idea of Bond having a new leading Bond girl? Would you have her in a scene like Sylvia Trench in the beginning of From Russia With Love?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Denbigh wrote: »
    How do people think Swann could exist in Bond 25 without dying or effecting the idea of Bond having a new leading Bond girl? Would you have her in a scene like Sylvia Trench in the beginning of From Russia With Love?

What if Swann is just captured?

What if Bond is given an ultimatum?

Help break Blofeld out or Swann dies.

Imagine THAT as a PTS for Bond 25!

Bond working for the bad guys because Swann is kidnapped interesting premise.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited January 2015 Posts: 805
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Bond working for the bad guys because Swann is kidnapped interesting premise.

The more I think of it, the more I like it. It could even be that they're BOTH captured and Bond is somehow brainwashed to break out Blofeld (similar to start of TMWTGG novel).

Either way, I can imagine an amazing PTS that's a nod to the GE PTS at Archangel. We see a masked man infiltrate a high-security facility and release Blofeld from his cell. Blofeld escapes and we see the infiltrator captured and unmasked...as Bond. Queue titles.

Far more interesting than another dead girlfriend and revenge....

Role of honor
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    It is not wise to believe everything in the leaks. There is a school of thought that the Sony hacking event was a publicity stunt to push for audiences for The Interview. As such, the leaks are an unreliable source.

=))
    mcdonbb wrote: »

=))
    I think poor Martin Astin has been confined too long at the Ice clinic. Scary what might go on in there.
    Maybe an appointment with the good Dr. Swann is needed
    Then again we'd probably all like an appointment with Dr. Swann.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    =P~ yea ..I'm nuts

=))
    I think poor Martin Astin has been confined too long at the Ice clinic. Scary what might go on in there.

You may lampoon, but when all that I am saying comes true I will be laughing like a drain.

Be careful what you believe people, there are people that have been put on this forum by the 'powers that be' to spread disinformation and to discredit me.
    You may lampoon, but when all that I am saying comes true I will be laughing like a drain.

Be careful what you believe people, there are people that have been put on this forum by the 'powers that be' to spread disinformation and to discredit me.
    If the "Powers that be" were concerned that you were releasing anything remotely important, they would use their lawyers - rather than people put on forums - to silence you.

If you were in any way involved in the film, either through the studios side or within the production, you would have had to have signed a confidentiality agreement.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

=))

You have inside information yet wont disclose how.
    Not very conclusive I'm afraid.
    Making claims that the powers that be have put people on this forum to discredit you is both offensive and untrue. Making claims of this nature is will not be tolerated. As a new member you have quickly come to the attention of the mod team for your strange beliefs and hostile and odd posts. I suggest you rethink about how you wish to continue if you are to remain as an active member.

how does one "laugh like a drain"?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    HASEROT wrote: »

HASEROT wrote: »
    I did wonder this myself, it's not an expression I'm familiar with, but apparently it comes from British armed forces in WW2, so it does have some history behind it.
    hmmm.... that doesn't sound like a laugh to me - more like a chuckle.