SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• PFOPFO
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Macbeth was 4 Acts...

Macbeth had 5 Acts.

And I agree, all this talk of "Acts" is silly. It's not a coincidence that screenwriting poseurs on the web - those who talk the talk - and people who write screenwriting manuals - truly the last refuge of the illiterate - are big on how many acts, how long each runs, etc.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Let's watch the movie multiple times and buy the DVD:)
    I'd be shocked if "Spooky" wasn't Logan's choice. /stereotyping

That being said, it's neat that the singer of one of the greatest songs to come from a Bond film will get a (humourous) nod in an EON production.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Murdock wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

:)) That better not be the picture that Bond finds in the movie

Young Bond (early Hilary Bray disguise) does look very menacing though, and Ernst is already bald. No wonder he took the supervillain path.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    At least there is agreement on when the first act begins :D
    Is it before or after the gunbarrel? :-P

#-o ....please say before lol
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

it's before the previews
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    It turns out this is the place to be to get your hands on the leaked script. Numerous others boards say Mi6Community is the place to go for the leaked script.

I suppose the reason the moderators are keeping this thread open is to encourage new membership. That's capitalism I guess.

For me the most disconcerting thing about these leaks is the issues the script had in development and how Mendes apparently tried to leave the project in the middle of last year. Not cool. I'm fearful for this film, especially if the director has no faith in it.

What is this about Mendes wanting to leave the project last year? First I've heard this, can someone explain?

Are people just making up stories in the light of these email leaks and passing them off as part of the leaks we have had so far.

@PanchitoPistoles mentioned it earlier when discussing the early development of the film.

Apparently Mendes attempted to leave the film when they hit a brick wall with the script.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 9,770
    since we know everything any ideas on what the trailer will have.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just read a tonne of brutal reviews for taken 3 and for a moment I suffered a panic attack that SPECTRE could turn out to be rubbish. Had to refresh my mind of all the good things going for this movie to set me straight.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Critics are full of shit
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    HASEROT wrote: »

it's before the previews

Ok well they're getting closer.... I can live with that lol
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    I cannot wait to see Seydoux dressed glamorously in the train scene
    I am going to see taken 3 and make up my own mind regarding it heck if I listened to critics some of my favorite movies of all time I never would of saw.

The A-team for example
    A few thoughts on the Bond-Swann romance.

Swann, I think is potentially one of the more demanding Bond-girl roles.
    Mainly because I do believe Eon is trying to parallel her with the great love of Bond's life, Tracy, and if that is the case, the character is almost certainly doomed going forward.
    The brazen replication of the OHMSS settings is very telling.
    This is an interesting technique to attempt to mirror much of the original Fleming story, in retelling the story, witout actually retelling it.
    The original Bond movie timeline had a 40 year run, with the Tracy tragedy appearing only 7 years in, thus it was part of Bond's history for 14 films over 33 years.
    The Tracy legacy on screen has been fully milked. Far more so than in Fleming's chronology, as Fleming managed only two more books after Blofeld and Bunt murdered Tracy.
    So its not that crazy to re-do the Bond mythos in an alternative universe setting.
    And this time Bond going forward, will not only have the Tracy legacy but also the original Fleming Vesper history, which the original timeline did not include.
    Maybe the Bond-Swann romance and tragedy, combined with the Vesper matter, not to mention all the trust stuff with Dench M, will serve to fully form Bond the man, once and for all, and set up a new actor to go forward as a fully realized James Bond, with this rich origins history.
    Even the film timeline mirrors the novel timline; ie Vesper was 1953, with Tracy on the scene 10 years later in 1963, based on book publishing years.
    If the Swann story is tragically concluded a la Tracy, that's also a roughly 10 year interval post Vesper.

As for Bond's age post Craig, who cares. This is cinema. Fantasy. Bond can be reintroduced as a young prime-age agent but with much experience, who happens to have this history.
    Much the way we met the 31year-old Connnery in Dr. No, who was established immediately as a veteran agent with a long history, with his Beretta hand gun in particular.

The 5 Craig films or 6 possibly can stand as the Bond origins collection for the new timeline of Bond versus Spectre.

Meantime maybe HBO could get cracking with Eon, on producing a remake of all the Fleming novels and stories in chronological order, and faithful to the original plots, as an HBO series. Do set these original stories in the modern context to avoid brazen remakes of the '60s films.
    All of the Fleming stories and characters are easily tweaked and moved forward in time.
    Maybe way off in the future, the Fleming stories could be done yet again, by HBO, but this time in period setting with period attitudes and conventions.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited January 2015 Posts: 574
    In the meantime, here are some of Léa's red carpet looks. She is quite the chameleon and I wonder if they will make use of this characteristic and have Madeleine look quite different in the different scenes?
    Im trying to avoid too many spoilers, but hell, looking at that beautiful Alpine scenery is so exciting, and Ive read conflicting things about whether or not there is a ski chase in Spectre. Ie do we get to see Bond on skis. Some say there is some say there isn't.

Can anyone who is in the know confirm this without giving away too much?

Thanks. Once i have the answer, Ill try to avoid anymore till November.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Im trying to avoid too many spoilers, but hell, looking at that beautiful Alpine scenery is so exciting, and Ive read conflicting things about whether or not there is a ski chase in Spectre. Ie do we get to see Bond on skis. Some say there is some say there isn't.

Can anyone who is in the know confirm this without giving away too much?

Thanks. Once i have the answer, Ill try to avoid anymore till November.

No.
    Right. No Bond on skis
    leas_mole wrote: »
    In the meantime, here are some of Léa's red carpet looks. She is quite the chameleon and I wonder if they will make use of this characteristic and have Madeleine look quite different in the different scenes?
    Yes, I am very much looking forward to Lea's varied looks. The snow outfit is sensational.
    More Miu Miu outfits to come!?
    Mind you Lea would look great draped in a burlap bag.
    Her natural luminescent beauty would radiate forth.
    This girl glows!
    Any news/info about all the sport cars that are suppose to be outside the ICE Q restaurant where they are currently filming?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,314
    Thanks. Glad i found that out would have been disappointed in the cinema anticipating that.Hope there is at least some kind of chase. Seems and immense waste of a location if not
    Cool!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,168
    Hope there is at least some kind of chase.
    Don't worry. It will be great!
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Hope there is at least some kind of chase.
    Don't worry. It will be great!

I'm sure too. - i don't want to be sulking into my Popcorn come November.

I must have watched OHMSS 3 times in the last fortnight to get my self into the mood. So beautifully shot.

• @Matt007: Don't worry, there is a chase. And it will be awesome.
    I think I'm allowed to ask these questions in this thread.

First will there be a ski chase in the movie and is Seydoux character a goodie or a bady?

I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can so simple answers for these questions

Thanks
  • I have a question for those who have read the shooting outline and the actual December 1 script: Scene 198 in the outline states "Bond plays his final trump card...he reveals Oberhauser is an orphan, his real name is, ESB." But if you read the actual script, Scene 198 does not have this exchange. Bond never plays a "trump card" and there is no mention of the name Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Did anyone else notice that? In the dinner scene, Bond mentions that Oberhauser's real name is "Ernest Serban" but that's the closest we get. I'm starting to wonder if the name Blofeld will ever be mentioned in the film.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »

First will there be a ski chase in the movie and is Seydoux character a goodie or a bady?

I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as I can so simple answers for these questions

Thanks
    A ski chase is indeed planned.
    Seydoux as far as I am aware, will be portrayed as a villain.

Martin
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 940
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Thanks

Martin

I'll counter that! I don't know what script you've read!

- There won't be a ski chase but will be another chase involving vehicles in Austria.

- Sedoux won't be portraying a villain.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Thanks

Martin

And you're the same joker who claims to know who's singing the Bond theme. Riiiiiiiiight.