SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

You know what, I wonder what if SPECTRE was the 50th Anniversary film...given the amount of classic Bond throwbacks and this shaping up to be the 'ultimate modern Bond film'...
  • I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but how does the leaked script explain the relationship between SPECTRE and Quantum? Im very curious but don't want to spoil the whole script for myself by reading through it. Either way, I'm thrilled that Mr. White is back!
    Spectre07 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but how does the leaked script explain the relationship between SPECTRE and Quantum? Im very curious but don't want to spoil the whole script for myself by reading through it. Either way, I'm thrilled that Mr. White is back!

Quantum is a part of Spectre (the script would indicate no caps as there's no acronym mentioned). The allusion I think is that it's Greene's baby, although they really shy away from talking much about Greene and Quantum, as I think they're satisfied with White being the connecting material. The triumvirate of power under Oberhauser is: White/Silva/
    Denbeigh
    . Shame it's not Greene though as that'd be some neat colour coding.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    tqb wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    well since Craig is still signed on for Bond 25.. i think it's safe to assume he's coming back one more time - regardless of what happens at the end of this film.

Wasn't Brosnan signed on for one more?

no... after his 3 movie deal was up, they went on a film by film basis from that point on..... which turns out, was only 1 more movie... they had discussed bringing him back for a 5th, but ultimately decided to go in another direction.. he was never under contract for a 5th Bond film at the time.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    @mnhettia
    <font color=#000000 size=4><b>Craig is signed on for Bond 25</b></font> - case closed on that... Amy Pascal has no more power over the casting and creative decision making process of a Bond film than I do. Her job as the head of SONY, is to fund half the production... PERIOD... she has absolutely no say in any other matter. She can spout off any name she wants to be the next Bond, and the uneducated will lap it up thinking that she has some say in the Bond franchise... WRONG... once the deal after Spectre is up (and they dont reach a new deal), EON/MGM could rightly go back to fully funding and producing the Bond movies themselves if they want - or - they could find another studio to foot the bill for distribution and half of production costs...

@00Dalton
    There are just too many signs pointing to fan over-speculation, and people feeding into it....... chances are, Bond 25 wont be out until 2018 - of course there isn't a film or script in place just yet - let them finish making this one first... (read above what i told the other about Craig and Bond 25).. it seems like people need reminding of this fact every other page on here lol.... so unless something changes - which if it did, it would be big news, and the guys here at MI6 would be all over it - Craig is coming back for Bond 25, which will probably be his last, unless they renegotiate for a 6th film (but only time will tell on that one.)
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    @mnhettia
    <font color=#000000 size=4><b>Craig is signed on for Bond 25</b></font> - case closed on that... Amy Pascal has no more power over the casting and creative decision making process of a Bond film than I do. Her job as the head of SONY, is to fund half the production... PERIOD... she has absolutely no say in any other matter. She can spout off any name she wants to be the next Bond, and the uneducated will lap it up thinking that she has some say in the Bond franchise... WRONG... once the deal after Spectre is up (and they dont reach a new deal), EON/MGM could rightly go back to fully funding and producing the Bond movies themselves if they want - or - they could find another studio to foot the bill for distribution and half of production costs...

@00Dalton
    There are just too many signs pointing to fan over-speculation, and people feeding into it....... chances are, Bond 25 wont be out until 2018 - of course there isn't a film or script in place just yet - let them finish making this one first... (read above what i told the other about Craig and Bond 25).. it seems like people need reminding of this fact every other page on here lol.... so unless something changes - which if it did, it would be big news, and the guys here at MI6 would be all over it - Craig is coming back for Bond 25, which will probably be his last, unless they renegotiate for a 6th film (but only time will tell on that one.)

Put like that it makes me feel at ease its the nature of the story being told that doesn't.

I for one welcome the 5th Craig film and would go nuts if he signed on for a sixth and final film.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,400
    Are SPECTRE still the Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extrotion? Or will the organisation's name have a new meaning? Can someone just answer yes or no if the answer is too spoiler-y or use the spoiler tags.
    Are SPECTRE still the Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extrotion? Or will the organisation's name have a new meaning? Can someone just answer yes or no if the answer is too spoiler-y or use the spoiler tags.

it's never explained - the acronym that is... so, it might as well just be assumed that it does.... though Spectre as the title on film is also a double entrendre.. not only is the name of the evil organization, it also obviously is reference to a spectre from Bond's past coming back to haunt him (Oberhauser).
    00Dalton wrote: »
    Put like that it makes me feel at ease its the nature of the story being told that doesn't.

I for one welcome the 5th Craig film and would go nuts if he signed on for a sixth and final film.

the story is just the story.. if anything i think it sets up the next film... because if Spectre is being treated as pretty much the modern equivalent of OHMSS, then Bond 25 might be the modern version of the novel YOLT - which in the original novels was all about Bond going after Blofeld for the death of Tracey.....

what Babs and Michael are probably doing, is going back and doing what Cubby and Harry wanted to do with OHMSS which would lead into DAF originally, but once Laz left, those plans went up in smoke... so instead of simply remaking OHMSS, they are telling a similar story - but this time, setting it up and doing it the right way (or as best they can)... thats the impression i get... because DN thru DAF had a continuity to them - they weren't sequels, but they shared an overlapping story arch (which even though GF is a standalone, Bond does mention Jamaica to Felix in the beginning - which is a reference back to DN) - but between OHMSS and DAF things get hazy... DAF is meant to pick up after OHMSS, but it could also be dismissing OHMSS and picking up after YOLT - there is evidence to suggest both - but Blofeld, SPECTRE (sort of) it's all still there...

no doubt they are doing the same thing again with Craig's films, just with a more tightly woven story arch connecting all his films together... which i love
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,400
    FourDot wrote: »
    Spectre07 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but how does the leaked script explain the relationship between SPECTRE and Quantum? Im very curious but don't want to spoil the whole script for myself by reading through it. Either way, I'm thrilled that Mr. White is back!

Quantum is a part of Spectre (the script would indicate no caps as there's no acronym mentioned). The allusion I think is that it's Greene's baby, although they really shy away from talking much about Greene and Quantum, as I think they're satisfied with White being the connecting material. The triumvirate of power under Oberhauser is: White/Silva/
    Denbeigh
    . Shame it's not Greene though as that'd be some neat colour coding.
    HASEROT wrote: »

it's never explained - the acronym that is... so, it might as well just be assumed that it does.... though Spectre as the title on film is also a double entrendre.. not only is the name of the evil organization, it also obviously is reference to a spectre from Bond's past coming back to haunt him (Oberhauser).

Interesting. This would confirm then that the title of the film is in fact 'Spectre' and not 'SPECTRE'.

Interesting. This would confirm then that the title of the film is in fact 'Spectre' and not 'SPECTRE'.

All the existing promo material and clapperboards clearly show all caps.
  • doghouse wrote: »

doghouse wrote: »

Skyfall was also all caps

00Dalton wrote: »

Skyfall was also all caps

Yep.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Fairly certain it'll be Spectre not SPECTRE. Think the acronym route would be too cheesy nowadays. The dictionary definition says it all really...

spectre
    ˈspɛktə/
    noun
    1. a ghost.
    "a dread of spectres and witches affected every aspect of daily life"
    synonyms: ghost, phantom, apparition, spirit, wraith, shadow, presence, illusion;

2. something widely feared as a possible unpleasant or dangerous occurrence.
    "the spectre of nuclear holocaust"
    synonyms: threat, menace, shadow,
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Fairly certain it'll be Spectre not SPECTRE. Think the acronym route would be too cheesy nowadays. The dictionary definition says it all really...

spectre
    ˈspɛktə/
    noun
    1. a ghost.
    synonyms: ghost, phantom, apparition, spirit, wraith, shadow, presence, illusion;

I tend to agree.

I said a while back that the actual SPECTRE acronym sounds way too cheesy these days.

"Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion" just doesn't cut it.

spectre
    ˈspɛktə/
    noun
    1. a ghost.

Whether it's all caps or not isn't really indicative of being an acronym. It's definitely all caps, the acronym part is up for debate.
    It's definitely all caps, the acronym part is up for debate.
    What makes it "definitely" all caps?
    JCRendle wrote: »

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Just speculation, but I am thinking that SP is more of a Spectre origins-reveal film.
    The Spectre we all know and love, I think will fully manifest in the next film, with Blofled revealed as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, white cat in place, disfiguring scar in place, and the acronym fully spelled out. Bunt may appear as well.
    At least that's how I'd do it, ushering in another glorious era of Bond versus ESB and Spectre in the re-booted timeline.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    This may have already been raised but I am now thinking that Quantum were meant to be Spectre all along.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we learn in the production notes for SP that EON intended Spectre to be revealed as the shadowy organisation behind the events in CR in the follow-up movie. Perhaps a delay in getting the rights to the Spectre name meant this had to switched to Quantum instead?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
    Skyfall's clapperboard was all capitals too...
    _73169_Medium.jpg

Everything on that Clapperboard above is in caps, including HOYTE VAN HOYTEMA. Lol
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 260

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
    _73169_Medium.jpg

SKYFALL is all caps. Most movie titles are.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=Skyfall&gws_rd=ssl

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
    _73169_Medium.jpg

What I meant was - what, in the context of the film, makes it "definitely" all caps? Skyfall isn't all caps, it's stylised that way for the poster/publicity, but Skyfall isn't "definitely" all caps, because it's taken from Skyfall Lodge - not SKYFALL lodge.

I hope you get my meaning. So far we haven't had anything that says that the film it's self uses SPECTRE or Spectre - so it's not "definitely" all caps.

• JCRendle wrote: »

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
    _73169_Medium.jpg

What I meant was - what, in the context of the film, makes it "definitely" all caps? Skyfall isn't all caps, it's stylised that way for the poster/publicity, but Skyfall isn't "definitely" all caps, because it's taken from Skyfall Lodge - not SKYFALL lodge.

I hope you get my meaning. So far we haven't had anything that says that the film it's self uses SPECTRE or Spectre - so it's not "definitely" all caps.

Huh?

I have no idea what your logic is.

The title has been stylised on the poster as 'SPECTRE' and was likely created by a graphic designer as part of a marketing decision. This stylisation has no influence on the grammatical accuracy of the film's title.

The only reason the title could be 'SPECTRE' (fully-capped) opposed to 'Spectre' (lower-case) is if the title is in fact an acronym. It appears the title is not an acronym, therefore making the title of the picture 'Spectre'.

Let's consider an example from the real world for a second, the International Criminal Court is often referred to as the ICC, you wouldn't refer to it as the icc as it would be grammatically incorrect.

Which part of this don't you understand?

I give up. You guys clearly aren't trying to understand what I'm saying.

Almost all movie titles written correctly are all caps, that is all.

B4XNz_dIYAE8JLy.jpg
    _73169_Medium.jpg

Huh?

I have no idea what your logic is.

The title has been stylised on the poster as 'SPECTRE' and was likely created by a graphic designer as part of a marketing decision. This stylisation has no influence on the grammatical accuracy of the film's title.
    Sorry, this is my point exactly - how it's stylised on the poster doesn't hint at the context - that was what I was trying to get across to @Doghouse
    The only reason the title could be 'SPECTRE' (fully-capped) opposed to 'Spectre' (lower-case) is if the title is in fact an acronym. It appears the title is not an acronym, therefore making the title of the picture 'Spectre'.

Let's consider an example from the real world for a second, the International Criminal Court is often referred to as the ICC, you wouldn't refer to it as the icc as it would be grammatically incorrect.

Which part of this don't you understand?
    Exactly! I don't see why you're trying to explain it to me, you've just said exactly what I did, but with different wording.

@Doghouse said that Spectre/SPECTRE was definitely SPECTRE, with only the stylisation to go on. We still don't know if the organisation in the film will be known as SPECTRE or Spectre, the poster won't give us any clues.
    Exactly.....and my point was that everything is in CAPS on both clapperboards, not just the title, so that tells us nothing either.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Why are we arguing over whether it's Spectre or SPECTRE? Who cares? Let people spell it how they want to spell it.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Why are we arguing over whether it's Spectre or SPECTRE? Who cares? Let people spell it how they want to spell it.
    The question was, for people who have read the script, was there any indication whether the organisation was described as SPECTRE or Spectre and also if there was any explanation behind the name.