SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

HASEROT wrote: »
    no_zps6menmr6g.gif
    I just can't stop watching this, over and over - it's worse than hypnotoad!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    tqb wrote: »
    HASEROT wrote: »
    well since Craig is still signed on for Bond 25.. i think it's safe to assume he's coming back one more time - regardless of what happens at the end of this film.

Wasn't Brosnan signed on for one more?

Nope. He had fulfilled all his contractual obligations. It was expected he'd come back for a 5th but that didn't happen.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Anyone think that the song over the end credits is going to be "We Have All the Time in the World", either the original sung by Louis Armstrong or a contemporary version?
    No unless that is the title of Bond 25 in which case yes I think it will be for that film.
  • 00Dalton wrote: »

The one thing that gives me hope is that the SP teaser poster is THE bulletin hole. No matter how you look at it aside from the octopus legs the bullet hole looks like the one from OHMSS and suggests the sane fate for Swann.

It's not unreasonable to think that Bond last line referencing the song is also code for what's going to happen.

Agreed. It is also ominous that the title of the last chapter in the novel OHMSS is also mirrored in Bond's last line in this script. It's also Bond's last line to the dead Tracy in the book.
    Or it could be this is DC last and they are giving bond the life that was taken away from him abruptly. It seems unlikely they would do a bond out for revenge again so soon after QOS. It is interesting they left the gun throwing consistent through all of the drafts, and Amy Pascal did not make a stink about it. They know something we don't and it's bugging me!
    I doubt that this is DC's last
    Risico007 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Anyone think that the song over the end credits is going to be "We Have All the Time in the World", either the original sung by Louis Armstrong or a contemporary version?
    No unless that is the title of Bond 25 in which case yes I think it will be for that film.

I don't mean as the main titles, I meant during the closing credits - where they've been using the Bond theme recently.
  • I have said on an earlier post that I believe in Bond 25 they will only attempt to kill Madeline. Thus showing Bond that Blofeld is out and that SPECTRE is a threat. They don't want angry revenge Bond again so soon after QOS. They have gone to great extremes to make him the Bond we know and love. More than likely they will go the Spider-Man route ie. "I can't be with you due to the nature of my job. You will constantly be in danger so let's agree to be apart for your safety."
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited January 2015 Posts: 108
    FourDot wrote: »
    I still think that the conclusion being home-bound in London feels circuitous, especially since Mendes smashed the Whitehall showdown out of the park in the previous film.
    In light of the ongoing difficulties with the "third act," perhaps the London finale is a good thing. From a production standpoint, it might be easier for Mendes to revise a London finale than to revise a time-constrained, tightly-scheduled, unchangeable finale shot on-location in Chile or Panama.

• JazzyBond wrote: »
    I have said on an earlier post that I believe in Bond 25 they will only attempt to kill Madeline. Thus showing Bond that Blofeld is out and that SPECTRE is a threat. They don't want angry revenge Bond again so soon after QOS. They have gone to great extremes to make him the Bond we know and love. More than likely they will go the Spider-Man route ie. "I can't be with you due to the nature of my job. You will constantly be in danger so let's agree to be apart for your safety."

After the end of this movie they have 4 options:
    - start a new era with a different actor,
    - kill Madelein and make a new revenge movie
    - forgeting Madelein, she has changed identity or something.
    - Blofeld attacks, but MS survives and JB returns to kill 007, my personal choice.

Anyway, Bond 25 will be titled as "Blofeld", it is my bet.
  • Death to Spies (2017)
    Following the events of 'Spectre'?
    (Blofeld tasks Irma Bunt with taking out a list of secret service agents.) After a failed attempt on 007's life, results in the death of Madeleine. James Bond and mi6 are on the hunt for who is behind these killings.

Cast:
    James Bond: Daniel Craig
    Irma Bunt: Tilda Swinton
    Anna Arquette: Charlotte Le Bon
    Hinx: Dave Bautista
    Blofeld: Christoph Waltz
    004: Idris Elba
    Madeleine Swann: Lea Seydoux
    Felix Leiter: Jeffrey Wright
    Minister of Defence: Charles Dance
    Q,M,Moneypenny, Tanner: Same as Spectre

(Scenes with Blofeld in prison like Hannibal Lector!)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    leas_mole wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    Anyone; how did Dench-M, communicate with Bond to kill Sciarra. Were her instructions in the bulldog figure, that Bond got from MP on the roof, at the end of SF?
    Old M left a video message on a DVD to instruct Bond (in the event of her demise) to find and kill Marco Sciarra and to attend his funeral. The DVD was in sent to Bond after the death of M.
    Ahh, yes thanks. So M had this info about Sciarra well before the events of SF.

I am intrigued by how the film will end, and what meaning we are to take from the "All The Time In The World" reference.
    I am not concerned about too many nods to original timeline because the re-boot is an alternative-universe timeline, which might parallel the original timeline to some degree, for benefit of fans.
    SP is looking like new-Bond's Tracy adventure with a few twists. So I do like all the obvious nods to OHMSS.
    Swann is the new Tracy. I am sure she is doomed, probably early in B25, otherwise we get the same Bond girl for two films in a row.
    But I think Bond fans, of both Fleming's book and the film, were saddened that Bond didn't get any time with his new bride, that we had become so invested in, especially in the film.
    We understood though that for the Bond legend to go on, he couldn't very well have a wife. C'est la vie.
    But with this new treatment, Bond does get some time with love-of-his-life, althoug this time I doubt they get married. That would be kind of repetitive. OHMSS did the wedding scene well enough.
    And there is also no clash with Fleming ie I would like the character Tracy to remain as Bond's one and only actual bride.
    The film finishes on an upbeat instead of the downbeat of the original story.
    The "We Have All The Time In The World" reference, I am sure is a foreshadowing of what is to come. ie, they don't have all the time in the world.

The ending perfectly sets up for Oberhauser to ultimately manifest in the next film as thee Ernst Stavro Blofeld, Chief of Spectre, lover of white persian cats and ongoing nemesis of Bond.
    This is what I would like to see, ie don't do Bond killing Blofeld in Castle of Death in the next film, although I think that may be what we will get, if they are treading Fleming's OHMSS-YOLT path.
    However!!! Even in this scenario, Blofeld's death could be ambiguous, much as it was in the DAF pts.
    Bond thinks the job is done, but it really isn't. Then we get best of both worlds ie Castle of Death story but without the end of Ernst.
    Bond is a big boy. He will only grieve for so long, as he did in the book and presumably did during the two year interval between OHMSS and DAF films.
    By DAF pts, he was long past grieving, and was in full revenge mode.
    Once he sent Blofeld "to hell" he relaxed and was able to focus on the new diamond smuggling assignment.

When Blofeld popped up later, for Bond, it was just back business, ie another villain that needs taking down.

The new continuity could do the same thing. ie we can still do Shatterhand and the Castle of Death, and Bond's revenge, without losing ESB forever.
    Maybe park Ernst for a movie or so, and bring him back two films later with big dramatic reveal.

I do like the idea of Spectre as main nemesis going forward indefinitely, which is really just a continuation of what's been going on in the Craig-era all along anyway.
    It's been a Spectre show from the start, we've learned.

Variety can be achieved by varying Blofeld's role from film to film; prominent to completely in background.
  • mnhettia wrote: »
    Or it could be this is DC last and they are giving bond the life that was taken away from him abruptly. It seems unlikely they would do a bond out for revenge again so soon after QOS. It is interesting they left the gun throwing consistent through all of the drafts, and Amy Pascal did not make a stink about it. They know something we don't and it's bugging me!

Same! There are just too many signs pointing to the lack of a 5th Craig film which I for one was really cited for as it meant he'd of stayed in the role longer and done a decent number of films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    00Dalton wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »

Same! There are just too many signs pointing to the lack of a 5th Craig film which I for one was really cited for as it meant he'd of stayed in the role longer and done a decent number of films.

As I said before, this could all be a negotiating ploy. If the Sony contract is up after SP (and I think it is) they all want to have an ending that gives as many options as possible, depending on how all contract negotiations go. If they don't work out, then we start with possibly a new Bond (and we all can assume how Craig's Madeliene met her end post-SP) and a new distributor. If they work out then we are back with a true successor to SP (and they again, have so many directions in which they can take this). I think this is what they want. Options.
    bondjames wrote: »
    As I said before, this could all be a negotiating ploy. If the Sony contract is up after SP (and I think it is) they all want to have an ending that gives as many options as possible, depending on how all contract negotiations go. If they don't work out, then we start with possibly a new Bond (and we all can assume how Craig's Madeliene met her end post-SP) and a new distributor. If they work out then we are back with a true successor to SP (and they again, have so many directions in which they can take this). I think this is what they want. Options.

This makes sense. Options as insurance, but I do think Craig is back for 5th film. In fact, I am like 99% sure, so I think we are setting up for a B25 as I envisioned two posts above.

However, if by some chance, DC does not return, then we don't really need a YOLT type follow-up. It wouldn't quite work with a different actor. It could actually but why bother?

Just as easy to do soft relaunch, and presume Swann went on her way, like so many others before.

• One of the funniest part of the leaks is learning that Mendes and Craig have a poor opinion of the Sony products they have to show in the movie. It's been reported they think Bond should always use "the best" there is, and they don't feel having Bond using a Sony Xperia is okay. It looks like they think Bond should rather have the latest Iphone :) I don't know about the movie industry in the UK/US, but here in France it's true it feels like everyone is sponsored by Apple !
    I think there may be too a bit too much of looking too deep into things going on. There are indeed a number of references to OHMSS but that's not to say they represent the same thing. I don't believe for a second SPECTRE is Craig's swan song (no pun intended); not for a single solitary second. Craig can throw his gun, his tie, shoes and suit away at the end if he so pleases and him driving off with Swan will simply be his long overdue getting the girl at the end scene.the bullet hole could end up having nothing to do with anything significant in this film. Maybe it's expected Bond is and was supposed to kill Blofeld (spectre) by shooting him but instead he let's him live. Personally I think it is possible the bullet hole could be a red herring of sorts but by the time Bond 25 comes around Swan would have been just like every other previous Bond girl who survived till the end, gone and Bond is booking someone else new.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I think there may be too a bit too much of looking too deep into things going on. There are indeed a number of references to OHMSS but that's not to say they represent the same thing. I don't believe for a second SPECTRE is Craig's swan song (no pun intended); not for a single solitary second. Craig can throw his gun, his tie, shoes and suit away at the end if he so pleases and him driving off with Swan will simply be his long overdue getting the girl at the end scene.the bullet hole could end up having nothing to do with anything significant in this film. Maybe it's expected Bond is and was supposed to kill Blofeld (spectre) by shooting him but instead he let's him live. Personally I think it is possible the bullet hole could be a red herring of sorts but by the time Bond 25 comes around Swan would have been just like every other previous Bond girl who survived till the end, gone and Bond is booking someone else new.

The bullet hole could just be an homage to OHMSS. Why would they wrap up the continuity of one Bond girls death to have another one start in the next film? and especially in Craig's last film.

I think Madeleine will just not be present in Bond 25, unless she becomes a Sylvia Trench type. All Bonds have ended with Bond in the arms of a Bond girl. The Swann/Bond relationship will only be made clear when we see it on screen. It could come across much differently than we imagine.

(QUICK POINT (OFF SPECTRE SUBJECT): Does anyone else think if Dr. No was 50 years later, they would kill off Trench and Taro?
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    (QUICK POINT (OFF SPECTRE SUBJECT): Does anyone else think if Dr. No was 50 years later, they would kill off Trench and Taro?
    You only have to go two years later to GF though, to find dead Bond girls; Jill and Tilly Masterson, which is right out of Fleming.
    I am only speculating here, but it seems like after the dramatic screen-impact of the golden girl death of Jill, the producers couldn't get enough of this plot device - the schock value of killing sympathetic Bond girls, because it persisted for every film afterward from TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, LALD (even if Rosie wasn't quite good, she was still victim) TMWTTG, TSWLM (tenuous here with Felicca, but still its there) MR to FYEO.
    It finally stops for long stretch with OP. Paris Carver was actually the only other one until the Craig era.

I am only talking of death of Swann, if the intent is to parallel her with Tracy, and procede with an adapation of Fleming's Shatterhand-Castle of Death story, which has never been done - otherwise, I think Swann could just disappear into the night, like so many others.

AdaShelby wrote: »

The bullet hole could just be an homage to OHMSS. Why would they wrap up the continuity of one Bond girls death to have another one start in the next film? and especially in Craig's last film.

Well it doesn't matter; a new Bond film always brings with it new Bond girls.
    I think Madeleine will just not be present in Bond 25, unless she becomes a Sylvia Trench type.

That's precisely what I said regarding Bond 25 and believe will happen. However, Swan wont be coming back and especially not for less than 3 minutes of screen time.
    All Bonds have ended with Bond in the arms of a Bond girl. The Swann/Bond relationship will only be made clear when we see it on screen. It could come across much differently than we imagine.

Very true. Dead or alive, every Bond actor has ended their tenure with the girl but that's been practically the case for every Bond movie at least up until Craig came along.

Anything could happen but Trench 's role was more of a glorified side-chick. She was just a piece of ass, so it's likely she would have gotten less screen time than she actually had or at the very least only appeared in one movie. She'd be very similar to Danish chick from TND. As for Taro, I see no reason to change anything, she had sex wuth Bond, got arrested and taken away.
    Well looks like another clapperboard/script (Dec 1) mismatch - scene 65 is of Bond *inside* the cabin...?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,168
    antovolk wrote: »
    Well looks like another clapperboard/script (Dec 1) mismatch - scene 65 is of Bond *inside* the cabin...?
    Yes, clapperboard scene 65 is an exterior shot at the lake. It's either scene 63 or 64 in the latest script, confirming that they havent't changed much in the first two acts.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Zekidk Yes, that means they haven't changed much in the first two acts, but according to Christoph Waltz they had
    Lea Seydoux should be on set in a couple of days.
    So should Ben Whishaw. The cable car scenes are being shot in a couple of days.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Yes, clapperboard scene 65 is an exterior shot at the lake. It's either scene 63 or 64 in the latest script, confirming that they havent't changed much in the first two acts.

I beg to differ. The script number won't change much, because they simply won't re-number them much during the changes to avoid headache for the production : "- Guys, substract 3 to all the scenes after scene 9 because we changed the PTS ! - Uh... But I have to change all the labels on the stuff in Morocco then ??"

But "65 T" ? Either this is a suffix I don't know the meaning of (and it very well could be), either it means many many changes, so that they had to use 65 A/B/.. etc before it (it can mean other versions that were erased since then, it does not necessarily mean 20 new scenes...). I'm far from sure it is so of course, but it *could* be the case.

Look at the 3rd act in the December script, you can see for instance they had to go up to F for scene after scene 173.

So I'm betting the script had many more changes that we don't know of. And it's probably still on going. There are many surprises ahead for all of us.
    @Suivez_ce_parachute I agree with you. Who knows how many times they changed the script after the December Revised Shooting Script.

• Eh who knows, maybe the Gunbarrel will be changed for an intro in which Bond shots a VideoSurveillance camera which is following him :)

With this leak, some people are a bit too sure of what will be in the movie IMO (not to mention all those who take all the leaked mails at face value, out of the context of a movie production !).
    Let's hope the crew has great weather conditions in Obertilliach - no snow falls until 15th January (crew/cast arrive on 12th Janaury)