SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• I would simply eliminate the Mickey Mouse line, the guard asks who is he and Bond shows the ring to enter, a quip is not necesary at all.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    JCRendle wrote: »
    What line would you guys use instead, in the same situation?

that whole little exchange doesn't need to be in that scene at all.....

in the draft i read - the guard stops Bond, asks him to identify himself, Bond turns and says (in italian) "I'm mickey mouse a-hole, who are you?" - Bond then opens up his hand revealing the SPECTRE ring, then everything is ok...

how about Bond just puts the ring on, and when he walks to the door, the guard checks his hand to make sure he is wearing the ring - sees that Bond is wearing one, and so he lets him pass... the exchange between them is superfluous, it's better being dropped all together..

the line better suits John McClain than James Bond..
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    That foster brother thing has to go. It's stupid and sounds a lot to me like the story of Moses and Ramses (one is the favorite of the father, the other is envious and feeling inferior).
    I think the "brother" story in the October draft is ok, is it very different in December version?

• edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    It's different, but not very. The whole thing about the foreign legion has been cut out, amongst other things, IIRC. So has the cringeworthy line on the Westminister bridge - "but you are my brother", before Bond shoots him (later changed, so he survives)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    The disparition of all the foreign legion backdrop is a strong difference from my point of view. It explained the link between Mr White and Ernst, and how lunatic Ernst was, and well, explained the SPECTRE name ! About the "brother" aspect, even if it's downplayed now on the ending, we now have all a full scene with Ernst and Bond playing poker like kids like "in the good old times", with hazelnuts...

Really, all this, like the "Young James Bond" photos and the "Young James and Young Ernst" photo, will depend a lot on the direction and the acting to work or not. These photos will I think look like something major on screen (the camera will probably focus on it after a slow build something big is going to be revealed), and they mean "they were together as kids" and "Ernst is still living in the past"... (and Bond too ?)

Would you call a post like "LOL. Dude... Please stop..." a quality post? I wouldn't.

In response to you saying you would minimize someone else's opinion? Seems like a pretty good response to me.
    timmer wrote: »
    Panchito has every right to stomp about and be upset about, ...

If one isn't,it's only natural to lash out at the process, as its the process that got us here. No?

What? No, it isn't!

Is everyone here 15? Who lashes out at a movie someone is making?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 940
    Zekidk wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    So does Judi Dench's M have one more (cameo) appearance in a Bond film via a recorded message?
    Apparently. The franchise can't seem to get rid of her ;-)

What strikes me is that Lucia, and all females involved apparently survives. I figured Lucia as a sacrificial lamb.

Ironically, SF got some OTT criticism in the press for its treatment of the fate of the female characters (killing off the sexually abused Severine, killing off M and having the only other main woman take a desk job).

Either way, I'm pleased if Lucia isn't getting the Solange and co treatment. Becomes a bit too predictable.
    What do people here think of the fact that a year ago Blofeld was a black African man in the screenplay? And that for a few months (around April and May 2014) the character had been a female?

By the way, I haven't read the December revisions yet, so I have no idea when the name Blofeld is mentioned in it. Is the name even mentioned? If it is, when? In the October draft the character has 3 different names (Oberhauser, Stockmann and Blofeld) which is really confusing and a little bit ridiculous...
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    On one of the other threads, this article was posted: http://www.arf.at/?p=165801

It is mentioned how Craig has arrived in Austria ready for filming. It also shows how Monica Bellucci has arrived or at least someone who looks like her. What I wanna know is, if it is her (and I doubt it's Seydoux with dyed hair), why she's there, when all her scenes in the script were based in Rome?

Could her role in the film have been drastically changed to give her more scenes? Baring in mind, they may have not known they would get such a huge actress to play the role.

Here's the picture:

Bildschirmfoto-2015-01-04-um-16.33.58.png

@MadeleineSwann Can you post a picture of the woman who is believed to be Bellucci? I really doubt it's her, since her character only appears in Rome.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 591
    @MadeleineSwann Can you post a picture of the woman who is believed to be Bellucci? I really doubt it's her, since her character only appears in Rome.

@PanchitoPistoles The picture is above. I don't know if it is her but the article states it is. The woman behind Craig.

The article is probably wrong and the woman on the photo could be anybody.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552
    What do people here think of the fact that a year ago Blofeld was a black African man in the screenplay? And that for a few months (around April and May 2014) the character had been a female?
    It seems like they were going through ideas, seeing what worked and what didn't. I have no problems with Blofeld being portrayed by a black man and it would be an interesting twist if she were played by a woman - it's a different continuity, Moneypenny and Leiter are now played by black actors, why not Blofeld?
    By the way, I haven't read the December revisions yet, so I have no idea when the name Blofeld is mentioned in it. Is the name even mentioned? If it is, when? In the October draft the character has 3 different names (Oberhauser, Stockmann and Blofeld) which is really confusing and a little bit ridiculous...
    Is he actually called Blofeld? I know C calls him Ernst at one point, but did it have Stavro or Blofeld?
    Monica Bellucci has confirmed that she will be on set in January. Didn't say in Austria or whatever. It seems Rome is planned for late February-early March, it might be her but the picture quality is too bad. Christopher Waltz is not expected to be on set in January.
    I have a question: how big is the role of Mr White in SPECTRE?.
    I really like this character.
    @JCRendle, like I mentioned earlier - in the December version Bond reveals that Oberhauser's "real name" is Ernest Serban. In the Oct version C refers to him as Ernst in a now deleted 3rd act scene.
    antovolk wrote: »
    @JCRendle, like I mentioned earlier - in the December version Bond reveals that Oberhauser's "real name" is Ernest Serban. In the Oct version C refers to him as Ernst in a now deleted 3rd act scene.
    Exactly, so he isn't referred to, in the script at least, as EST - I was only clarifying because @PanchitoPistoles mentioned that he was called Blofeld in the October script, and this was the first I'd heard of it.
    Do you think December version is better?
    It's very different. Like Peking Duck is different from Russian Caviar. But I love them both. ;-)
    I do think they should have kept the solar furnace, because it's unique and original, like the laser-scene in GF. But overall I like the December version better.

Is it really so different? I also have december script, but I prefer not to read it and keep some surprise factor.

Solar furnace??!? I only have the december version, can someone explain what that was? I'm intrigued.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Could her role in the film have been drastically changed to give her more scenes?
    Well, the way she stops appearing in the Dec script (in short : "call Felix Leiter, here's his number") is so weird IMO that that's one of the things that I can imagine could be changed a lot.

Plus, we're told SPECTRE sees and hears everything, surely it could be used as an example.. Already the fact that Madeleine is "caught" off-screen by SPECTRE at Charles de Gaulle Airport is a problem for me in this script.

To me this script looks like two movies crammed into one in particular because many things happen off-screen. Plus : there's all the C character scenes they may have had to add at the last minute.

But I don't recognize her in the video I must say.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm not all that versed on the latest script details, but I'm sure we are going to be disappointed in terms of what's left on the cutting room floor, like with SF.

They are cramming too much into this film and editing it is going to be be a bloody nightmare. So expect scenes that aren't that clear and plot holes eventually. I'm sure of it.

I remain positive though.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    I would simply eliminate the Mickey Mouse line, the guard asks who is he and Bond shows the ring to enter, a quip is not necesary at all.
    Exactly!

bondjames wrote: »
    I'm not all that versed on the latest script details, but I'm sure we are going to be disappointed in terms of what's left on the cutting room floor, like with SF.

They are cramming too much into this film and editing it is going to be be a bloody nightmare. So expect scenes that aren't that clear and plot holes eventually. I'm sure of it.

I remain positive though.

Exactly my biggest concern!
    They will have a very difficult chalenge because all scenes are important, either for the maisn villains' scheme/plot development, or for establishing the relationship between Bond and Oberhauser, Bond and Madeleine, Bond eith M, Q and Monneypenny and M/Bond with C. And still there is Mr. White involvement in the plot.
    And on top of that you have 6 (!!) major action scenes (PTS, Rome car chase, Austria plane vs car chase, train fight in Morocco, Villains lair destruction and climax in London). Oh boy!
    I would simply eliminate the Mickey Mouse line, the guard asks who is he and Bond shows the ring to enter, a quip is not necesary at all.
    Exactly!

Agree with this too. It isn't necessary and sounds out of place in Bond.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    @Mi6LisbonBranch

QoS had the same amount of action-scenes, and had an all-time low runtime, so I wouldn't worry. The amount of pages in the December script amounts to what would be a 130-150 minute movie, which I think is what we can expect.
    @Mi6LisbonBranch

QoS had the same amount of action-scenes, and had an all-time low runtime, so I wouldn't worry. The amount of pages in the December script amounts to what would be a 130-150 minute movie, which I think is what we can expect.

@Zekidk hope you are right!
    Neverthless the scenes in QoS (which i love by the way) were too fast edited and there werent as many non-action scenes as the projected for SP.
    My concern was because the team directing this movie is the same as SK and not QoS. Tottaly diferent concepts of editing and plot/character develoment.
    But .. We will just have to wait and see!.. and you will be probably right!
    QoS was very stripped down plot wise and moved at an extremely fast clip. From what I know about SP, it's going to require more exposition. So again, I'm not sure how they are going to fit all this in, but I leave it to them......they know more about it than me that's for sure. SF had problems in this area though IMO.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I think that QoS was not a great script and was fast edited and the crew was not that good. Comapred to SP, they have a great script(IMO) , a great editor and camera crew. But as a lot of you say we'll just have to wait and see
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    As a friend of mine pointed out that the picture of James Bond arriving with a women, maybe that women is Barbara Brocolli
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    To me, that woman looks like Seydoux with darker hair, not Belluci. I know what the press are saying, but that's my view. She's young. So no BB, no MB & certainly no RW (aka Mrs. Craig).
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 654
    I'm sorry, but I gave to speak my mind... From the things I've heard so far, I am really worried about the outcome of SPECTRE. It feels like they are leaving the Bond-formula waay too much this time around. They went pretty far with CR, QoS and SF but those times, it actually worked (maybe not Quantum...) but giving Bond a brother? Bringing back the DB5 from the dead? Bond walking away from MI6 without returning in the same movie? That will make me go around being worried about Bond 25 and future movies. It feels like they think they can take it as far as they want with the audience still being pleased, but this time... I have a really bad feeling. But, since we have not seen it yet I can't judge it out... It just feels very very odd...