SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• In the script is SPECTRE still an an acronym for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion?
    @fromswedenwithlove
    There's more to the Bond formula, that James Bond's history. How about a string of fantastic action-scenes, globetrotting in varied locations (think TLD here), one-liners, gadgets and so forth. SP has plenty, so relax. I hated SF, but SP could easily be amongst my favorites if they follow the December script.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 832
    I'm sorry, but I gave to speak my mind... From the things I've heard so far, I am really worried about the outcome of SPECTRE. It feels like they are leaving the Bond-formula waay too much this time around. They went pretty far with CR, QoS and SF but those times, it actually worked (maybe not Quantum...) but giving Bond a brother? Bringing back the DB5 from the dead? Bond walking away from MI6 without returning in the same movie? That will make me go around being worried about Bond 25 and future movies. It feels like they think they can take it as far as they want with the audience still being pleased, but this time... I have a really bad feeling. But, since we have not seen it yet I can't judge it out... It just feels very very odd...

On the contrary, I think that the SPECTRE script suggests that the movie will be more "classic" than the others mentioned. It screams classic bond, with the class Q scene, train fight, use of gadget and cars, iconic henchman, gunbarrel sequence, etc. It just includes more developed characters that seen previously, and an emotional side to bond, m, moneypenny, etc. It will be more conventional that recent releases, with an appeal to craig's strengths.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,600
    Its interesting that if you think of the basic plot of SF, you can condense it into one or two sentences. Its amazing when you think how simple it is that they fill a complete movie with it and give it such pace. But the audience loved it. As many have pointed out, the plot had massive holes but, generally speaking, both the critics and jo public loved it. IMHO Bond movies dont need complex plots with too many characters. Its what you do with the characters thats importnat I share some of the concerns re Spectre but Mendes is a clever guy and I cant think he will try to squeeze too much in. It should be very interesting but I have a feeling that when we look back at the DC era, there may be a general view that SF was the peak. I hope I'm wrong

• edited January 2015 Posts: 3,164
    In the script is SPECTRE still an an acronym for Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion?

It's not specifically mentioned what SPECTRE is outside of the name (in the December version it's actually only mentioned once).

The one bit which I'm a bit miffed has been cut is the whole backstory with White and Blofeld/Oberhauser in the foreign legion - the name of the rogue platoon they were in was Les Spectres de Pierre.
    patb wrote: »
    Its interesting that if you think of the basic plot of SF, you can condense it into one or two sentences. Its amazing when you think how simple it is that they fill a complete movie with it and give it such pace. But the audience loved it. As many have pointed out, the plot had massive holes but, generally speaking, both the critics and jo public loved it. IMHO Bond movies dont need complex plots with too many characters. Its what you do with the characters thats importnat I share some of the concerns re Spectre but Mendes is a clever guy and I cant think he will try to squeeze too much in. It should be very interesting but I have a feeling that when we look back at the DC era, there may be a general view that SF was the peak. I hope I'm wrong

SPECTRE is to Skyfall what TDKR was to TDK, from the ambition to bringing the story of the previous films full circle to some of the same issues people are mentioning here too.

Also - any ideas what should be in the trailers? The Bond/White meeting would be a really great scene to frame the teaser trailer around...
  • I think that Spectre is going to be the longest Bond film ever, maybe about 150 minutes. However, this fact shouldn't be a problem anymore, most 2012-2014 action bockbusters have a runtime between 130 and 165 minutes: Hunger Games, Man of Steel, Hobbits, Transformers, Amazing Spidermans, Avengers, Capitan América 2, Interstellar, Planet of the Apes, Fast 6, Dark knigt rises, Skyfall, Django Unchained ... Nowadays, people is expecting longer movies than just some years ago, so a long movie with 6 action scenes is not a bad isue.
    Anyway, reading October version, I would cut part of Austria chase and some Q scenes in that country.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I'm sorry, but I gave to speak my mind... From the things I've heard so far, I am really worried about the outcome of SPECTRE. It feels like they are leaving the Bond-formula waay too much this time around. They went pretty far with CR, QoS and SF but those times, it actually worked (maybe not Quantum...) but giving Bond a brother? Bringing back the DB5 from the dead? Bond walking away from MI6 without returning in the same movie? That will make me go around being worried about Bond 25 and future movies. It feels like they think they can take it as far as they want with the audience still being pleased, but this time... I have a really bad feeling. But, since we have not seen it yet I can't judge it out... It just feels very very odd...

the half-brother angle (not blood brother) works the way it was written - at least from what i read... i was apprehensive about it at first as well. But it's reveal in the film during a tense scene was well crafted.

the DB5 will always be brought back from the dead.. Bond ran it into a brick wall in GF - it popped right back up in the very next film TB... it'll never go away..

In terms of the Bond formula, this film feels more like a traditional Bond movie than any of the previous Craig films - many of those who read the drafts would agree..

Bond leaving MI6 at the end - it's obvious he will return (and i guarantee you, you will see "James Bond Will Return" at the end SP)... have we gotten so used to the "downer" endings that we forget that almost every Bond film in the first 40 years ended just like this one will... the only difference is that "he throws his gun away".... what i akin this to, is the ending to OHMSS, except Tracy got killed at the very end - this time around, they may save the possible execution of Swann for the next film..
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Also - any ideas what should be in the trailers? The Bond/White meeting would be a really great scene to frame the teaser trailer around...

The Madeleine/Bond first meeting could be a way to frame the teaser trailer as a tribute to the Skyfall one ! It really looks like more of the same in the script :)
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    hhh
    bondjames wrote: »
    To me, that woman looks like Seydoux with darker hair, not Belluci. I know what the press are saying, but that's my view. She's young. So no BB, no MB & certainly no RW (aka Mrs. Craig).

I think they said Seydoux would be a blond Bond Girl right :-/ and this person has dark hair but having said that it might be her cuz I keep on checking the left shoulder patch of the jacket and it reminds me of this but it has feathers in that video so don't think Seydoux flew into town with Craig imo

thegrandbudapesthotel-mv-45.jpg
  • HASEROT wrote: »

the half-brother angle (not blood brother) works the way it was written - at least from what i read... i was apprehensive about it at first as well. But it's reveal in the film during a tense scene was well crafted.

the DB5 will always be brought back from the dead.. Bond ran it into a brick wall in GF - it popped right back up in the very next film TB... it'll never go away..

In terms of the Bond formula, this film feels more like a traditional Bond movie than any of the previous Craig films - many of those who read the drafts would agree..

Bond leaving MI6 at the end - it's obvious he will return (and i guarantee you, you will see "James Bond Will Return" at the end SP)... have we gotten so used to the "downer" endings that we forget that almost every Bond film in the first 40 years ended just like this one will... the only difference is that "he throws his gun away".... what i akin this to, is the ending to OHMSS, except Tracy got killed at the very end - this time around, they may save the possible execution of Swann for the next film..

Well, @haserot thank you. I can honestly say that reading that was kind of a relief hearing that.
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »

On the contrary, I think that the SPECTRE script suggests that the movie will be more "classic" than the others mentioned. It screams classic bond, with the class Q scene, train fight, use of gadget and cars, iconic henchman, gunbarrel sequence, etc. It just includes more developed characters that seen previously, and an emotional side to bond, m, moneypenny, etc. It will be more conventional that recent releases, with an appeal to craig's strengths.

Yes, this is going to be the most traditional Bond film in Craig era by far. It has the personal issues and psychological stuff of the last movies and more character development, but it has some gadgets, Q, M, MoneyPenny, several girls, a physical Villan, an intelectual nemesis, gun barrel at the begining, Bond, James Bond, vodka Martini, Aston Martin, exotic locations and very much action.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    chipsticks wrote: »
    hhh
    bondjames wrote: »
    To me, that woman looks like Seydoux with darker hair, not Belluci. I know what the press are saying, but that's my view. She's young. So no BB, no MB & certainly no RW (aka Mrs. Craig).

I think they said Seydoux would be a blond Bond Girl right :-/ and this person has dark hair but having said that it might be her cuz I keep on checking the left shoulder patch of the jacket and it reminds me of this but it has feathers in that video so don't think Seydoux flew into town with Craig imo

thegrandbudapesthotel-mv-45.jpg

I didn't know they had confirmed Seydoux would be blonde. Ok, so maybe I'm wrong. I just enlarged that photo and the girl has a side part. Bellucci does not. So facially it's not looking like Bellucci to me, but maybe it's not Seydoux either.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    I think it's Barbara Broccoli. The more I look at it the more I see Barbara. The dark brown hair, the "young looking face. Barbara does seem like she's had some work done and the picture of this mysterious woman is blurred so age isn't really that obvious.

article-P-75dd901b-8071-4e26-b9e4-fba46f7a5b10-6UZnnBYWz-HSK1-383_634x356.jpg

I wonder if we'll get any Instagram pics of Seydoux on set?
    In the production thread someone posted a picture about a month ago with stunt coordinator Gary Powell having fun in Austria dressed with a female blonde wig. I think his cap read "Help me, James"
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Gemita Samarra (Léa's stunt double) posted a photo of herself on IG with lighter hair amd her hair was cut shorter (she did have really long hair) saying that it was for a movie. She has since deleted the photo. Also Léa was Twitter spotted at an unknown airport about 5 hours ago.

I do not think it is Monica or Léa. I do think that is may be Barbara..
  • When does the Bond, James Bond line come in the script? Does Bond say it?

Would really hope that they be upfront about whether this is Craig's last. I just hope that he honours the contract and does all 5.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    00Dalton wrote: »
    Would really hope that they be upfront about whether this is Craig's last. I just hope that he honours the contract and does all 5.

until otherwise stated by the man himself, or EON - Craig is still signed on for Bond 25
    00Dalton wrote: »
    When does the Bond, James Bond line come in the script? Does Bond say it?

it comes during the meeting of Bond and Lucia - as they are "getting to know one another" ;)
    December script is certainly an improvement, but I still think that the conclusion being home-bound in London feels circuitous, especially since Mendes smashed the Whitehall showdown out of the park in the previous film,

I'm happy that they've toned down the "Team MI6 to the rescue" element to the rescue, although it was a Mendes-ian conceit. Now his "family in peril" angle really is the Bond/Oberhauser, but even that's toned down (a marked improvement), as is letting him live. I do hope that "Ernest Serban" is an "Obi-Wan killed your father." and that it's actually "Ernst Stavro Blofeld" or even "Ernst de Bleauchamp" although that's not so Romanian.

Third act is still the weakest but not too shabby... the C death is really a carbon copy of the Dryden thing, perhaps as an intentional bookend but since they're so eager to reference CR and SF, a line about "Pencil-pushers like you always keep your gun in the same spot" would be a nice and tidy nod.

Speaking of, I think they've enriched QoS in retrospect with the Mr. White thing... suddenly that film goes from an appendix to a much finer film to being "essential" viewing be default in the canon, but there's a missed opportunity. Something as simple as Guy Haines being a family friend of Max Denbeigh's or something would be really neat I feel, and you could have Oberhauser delight in revealing it to Bond, playing a sound clip of Bond relaying that information to Tanner from 7 years prior, and admitting that he thought installing Denbeigh as C was a little too on-the-nose given the Haines connection, but that "You people" (MI6) seem willing to drop a case as soon as the bad guy is dead, leaving all the lose threads billowing about. It's a meta joke, sure, but in keeping with the tone of Oberhauser chastising Bond for his past failures and a neat little jibe at the closed endings of most previous Bond films. Just a thought, I might be alone on that one, but another way they can resurrect QoS.

The first two acts are an absolute scream though, and I'm really looking forward to Mendes cutting loose. Written wonderfully for Craig (as Oberhauser seems written just for Waltz... can't hear anyone else in the role), they've got the character voices right (Mickey Mouse is lame, but I feel like you could substitute another fictional character to make it more Bondian. Sherlock Holmes perhaps.) I don't even think the conclusion is that poor, just not quite up to the standard of what came before (sounds familiar in recent times, but I'm not including the Straw Dogs conclusion of the last film... that was wonderful). It can kill a Bond film so I hope they find some solutions to knock it into shape. To be brutally honest I was kinda jonesing for an old-school TSWLM-style battle between Mallory's regiment and SPECTRE goons in the old MI6 building. There are so many Gilbert-esque elements in there that it feels remiss not to have that.

And ultimately that's who this film feels like it owes a lot to... I feel as though Mendes really looked to Terence Young for Skyfall for whatever reason... not overtly but the prowling through Shanghai and the Russian doll structure of the action really brought back that feel, but this is very Lewis Gilbert, in a good way. I kinda hope that if this crew comes back for a third, they go all Peter Hunt on us.
  • I think the women is his wife.....
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I everyone, I'm new on here. As Vanderlayindustries said, I think that woman is Rachel Weisz and not Monica Bellucci
    Re: shooting today, doesn't look like the sun is needed given the context (White and Bond)

The fact that we haven't seen Jesper on set there means they're only doing external with Daniel and then do int. shots at Pinewood?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    antovolk wrote: »
    Re: shooting today, doesn't look like the sun is needed given the context (White and Bond)

The fact that we haven't seen Jesper on set there means they're only doing external with Daniel and then do int. shots at Pinewood?

most likely... interiors for something like that they wouldn't need to do on location - so yeah, probably just exteriors.
    http://www.oe24.at/kino/LIVE-James-Bond-dreht-in-Altaussee/171278112

They already filmed the interior scenes with White in London...this shoot is just ext.
  • I think they shouldn´t copy the end of OHMSS for three reasons: first, is not original at all; second, OHMSS was a "flop" at box office; and third, because a more oppen finale in SP lets them more options for Bond 25.
    In my view, Mendes is not going to kill Madeleine just at the end, beacause in SF he comented that he tryed to prepare the audience for M´s death to avoid a dangerously strong bad feeling at the end of the movie.
    I think that the "we have all the time of the world" is a fantastic line to end the movie, because, for the most of the audience, it will be a normal happy end, 007 goes with the girl; however, for hardacore fans it is suggesting that Bond is really in love, but he is going to loose his girl.
    Anyone think that the song over the end credits is going to be "We Have All the Time in the World", either the original sung by Louis Armstrong or a contemporary version?
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Anyone think that the song over the end credits is going to be "We Have All the Time in the World", either the original sung by Louis Armstrong or a contemporary version?

no_zps6menmr6g.gif
  • JCRendle wrote: »
    No, I am sure that it is going to be an original song performed by a present pop/rock star.
    There we have the problem (I agree with the loud "no") referencing previous movies can be intriguing but once you cross the imaginary line, it brings out a very strong "no" from the fans including myself. Also, re Bond driving away with his new love, if she gets shot, at what point will Spectre be regarded as either a tribute or a remake of OHMSS?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Agree with the recent comments. It's a very fine line they are playing with here, and hopefully they cross it carefully, if at all. I have faith in Mendes, but I have concerns for B25 as well at this point based on what I'm hearing. I'm not a fan of remakes, whether direct or indirect, reimagined or not.
  • tqbtqb
    HASEROT wrote: »
    well since Craig is still signed on for Bond 25.. i think it's safe to assume he's coming back one more time - regardless of what happens at the end of this film.

Wasn't Brosnan signed on for one more?