SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

hmmm. Will hold judgement till november, but another vehicle chase… Meh. We haven't had a decent ski chase since 1981. The TWINE chase in my opinion was appalling.

I was hoping the shooting up on the glacier would involve some sort of chase. Ah well.
    I felt the sled vs ski sequence in the living daylights was fun and quite enjoyable.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    hmmm.... that doesn't sound like a laugh to me - more like a chuckle.
    He gets the last laugh (drain-chuckle) if Bond and Swann end up getting married at the end of this movie.
    In the meantime, I won't be shopping for a wedding gift anytime soon. ;)

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    timmer wrote: »
    He gets the last laugh (drain-chuckle) if Bond and Swann end up getting married at the end of this movie.
    noooo!! dying Swann. Swann Song. White Swann? have I left anything out? :P
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    leas_mole wrote: »

tumblr_mscywh18Ze1qjm3qio1_500_zpsykwnslcg.gif

Frost and Pegg to write a Bond movie - PLEASE GOD, JESUS, BUDDHA, ZEUS, APOLLO, ZARATHUSTRA, KRISHNA, etc. ;)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    JCRendle wrote: »

Frost and Pegg to write a Bond movie - PLEASE GOD, JESUS, BUDDHA, ZEUS, APOLLO, ZARATHUSTRA, KRISHNA, etc. ;)
    Love Simon Pegg! That would be another Mission Impossible link

rs_634x1024-140122142818-634.photobomb-pegg.cm.12214.jpg
  • Ok.. Super touchy topic but...

The SPECTRE story explains that "powers that be" are in fact entangled with terrorists organizations, and that they cause terrorist attacks so that the powers that be, can be even more powerful, thanks to creating some Patriot Act-like stuff, that will meet no resistance from the mass opinion because of the attacks. We even see a terrorist attack on some country who was slow in accepting the Nine Eyes international program. An earlier draft even had M as a traitor, now we "only" have C, who is an official figure nonetheless.

Well, frankly, if it was released these days, it would be quite awkward, wouldn't it ? Here the dark side of the Internet is already full of conspiracy nuts explaining that the terrorists in Paris were actually a false flag :(
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Ok.. Super touchy topic but...

The SPECTRE story explains that "powers that be" are in fact entangled with terrorists organizations, and that they cause terrorist attacks so that the powers that be, can be even more powerful, thanks to creating some Patriot Act-like stuff, that will meet no resistance from the mass opinion because of the attacks. We even see a terrorist attack on some country who was slow in accepting the Nine Eyes international program. An earlier draft even had M as a traitor, now we "only" have C, who is an official figure nonetheless.

Well, frankly, if it was released these days, it would be quite awkward, wouldn't it ? Here the dark side of the Internet is already full of conspiracy nuts explaining that the terrorists in Paris were actually a false flag :(

Awkward yes. Potentially conspiratorialist, yes. However, that doesn't make it untrue. We'll never know though. That's for sure.
  • Binny_BondBinny_Bond Bucks, UK
    This Ernst Saban business is troubling me. I can't understand why, after the amount of time, effort and money spent on gaining the rights to SPECTRE and the Blofeld name, that the producers would then disregard it. I truly hope it's a smokescreen as it would really anger a lot of people.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think it is a smokescreen, however, they'd also go through all that wrangling just to ensure no one else has it and uses it.
  • Benny wrote: »

Making claims that the powers that be have put people on this forum to discredit you is both offensive and untrue.
    Please read that statement back. Offensive? Offensive? Offensive to who and how is possible does that cause offence? Irritation maybe, that someone like me is exposing the truth but offensive? Very unusual reaction. If people are offended by that then I advise that they don't frequent the internet because what I have said is extremely tame.

Your reaction to my posts only serves to acknowledge that the powers that be are indeed conspiring against myself and others who are exposing the truth. No doubt you will hide behind your computer and do the powers that be's bidding for them. I am pretty certain that I will be banned for this and probably this post deleted, for speaking the truth.

I have noticed that there are people here that have been brainwashed, spend their entire lives here, have been totally taken in by dark forces at work. I appeal to anyone who does get the chance to read this post, claim back your freedom, end the brainwashing. You have your own minds, use them.

God Bless You All.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's offensive in so much as that the mod team often undertake a thankless task of keeping the forum free from trolls, spammers and people who just like being a pain in the ass. We don't seek praise or accolades from our fellow members. We just like our forum. And we do the best that we can to keep it running smooth, and decent and free of bad behaviour. Trolls, spammers and pretty much any fool that thinks because he's anonymous, he's faceless and therefore can do as he pleases. We stamp that out as it goes against what the majority of members come here for.
    So every once in a while we get someone come along who makes posts that go wildly over the normal discussion. An out there theory that is hard to agree with. And even when other members do debate and reply, they're shot down by the one track mind of these trolls. And then there are the claims that they have inside knowledge. But simply cannot say what. Or who they are.
    When people actually have this information. They don't share it on internet forums.
    One of my favourite quotes in many years comes from Christopher Lee. I believe it's on one of the Bond documentaries. It concerns his involvement in Secret Intelligence work during the war. When quizzed about his work he says; "Can you keep a secret."
    The reply is generally "Yes."
    To which he replies, "So can I."

So posts about brainwashing and conspiracies are not likely to win you any standing ovations. I suggest once again, that you rethink your manner toward this forum and how you conduct yourself. As from what I can gather few have much time for your antics.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn_zpsod20np5v.gif
    Benny wrote: »

Making claims that the powers that be have put people on this forum to discredit you is both offensive and untrue.
    Please read that statement back. Offensive? Offensive? Offensive to who and how is possible does that cause offence?
    It's offensive, and libellous, to those that you claim are trying to discredit you. Making defamatory comments isn't the smartest idea in the first place, but making such claims also makes you out to be paranoid and delusional, as do many of the comments you have made here.
    It's offensive in so much as that the mod team often undertake a thankless task of keeping the forum free from trolls, spammers and people who just like being a pain in the ass. We don't seek praise or accolades from our fellow members. We just like our forum.

Well said.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Please read that statement back. Offensive? Offensive? Offensive to who and how is possible does that cause offence? Irritation maybe, that someone like me is exposing the truth but offensive? Very unusual reaction. If people are offended by that then I advise that they don't frequent the internet because what I have said is extremely tame.

Your reaction to my posts only serves to acknowledge that the powers that be are indeed conspiring against myself and others who are exposing the truth. No doubt you will hide behind your computer and do the powers that be's bidding for them. I am pretty certain that I will be banned for this and probably this post deleted, for speaking the truth.

I have noticed that there are people here that have been brainwashed, spend their entire lives here, have been totally taken in by dark forces at work. I appeal to anyone who does get the chance to read this post, claim back your freedom, end the brainwashing. You have your own minds, use them.

God Bless You All.

Delusions of grandeur...

Btw Sony didn't hack itself...

Didn't work if they did lol.. The Interview got released for what a day? Earned way less than could of, studio exes got their reputation severely compromised, and a tent pole movie got bad press over a dated draft of the screenplay..

Don't patronize us and don't claim to be what you aren't. You got your attention.

• Binny_Bond wrote: »
    This Ernst Saban business is troubling me. I can't understand why, after the amount of time, effort and money spent on gaining the rights to SPECTRE and the Blofeld name, that the producers would then disregard it. I truly hope it's a smokescreen as it would really anger a lot of people.

I agree, Binny_Bond. The whole "Ernest Serban" business in the script really puzzled me, and I hope it is a smokescreen, like you said. The name can't be that close to "Ernst" and NOT be Blofeld.

What do the rest of you think??
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Are they going the john harrison route?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Binny_Bond wrote: »

I agree, Binny_Bond. The whole "Ernest Serban" business in the script really puzzled me, and I hope it is a smokescreen, like you said. The name can't be that close to "Ernst" and NOT be Blofeld.

What do the rest of you think??
    I think you are right. ....that we are being set up for a big Ernst Stavro Blofeld and Spectre reveal in the next film.
    I think SP is a Spectre-Blofeld origins-reveal film, with purposeful OHMSS parallels to provide connection with the original Fleming stories and '60s films.
  • Interesting thought, timmer, and that would make sense...although I, for one, would be a bit disappointed if the name "Blofeld" weren't mentioned at least once by the end of SP.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't think the script will reveal everything. George Lucas deliberately left out Vader's reveal as Luke Father until that scene was filmed. For all we know "Ernest Serban" won't even be mentioned in the film.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    Murdock wrote: »
    I don't think the script will reveal everything. George Lucas deliberately left out Vader's reveal as Luke Father until that scene was filmed. For all we know "Ernest Serban" won't even be mentioned in the film.

Quite true. Which explains why Obi Wan thought nothing off allowing romantic tension to blossom between Luke and Leila without even raising an eyebrow. Lucas didn't tell Obi until right at the end. No one knew except for Lucas as Vader.
    To those who have read both or either scripts - Do you find the relationship between Bond and Swann believable? She's being touted as the new Contessa Teresa/Vesper, but does the character development, as shown on the page, convince you that Bond would feel anything stronger towards her than, say, what he felt for Strawberry Fields, Camille, Solange etc?
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,399
    JCRendle wrote: »
    To those who have read both or either scripts - Do you find the relationship between Bond and Swann believable? She's being touted as the new Contessa Teresa/Vesper, but does the character development, as shown on the page, convince you that Bond would feel anything stronger towards her than, say, what he felt for Strawberry Fields, Camille, Solange etc?

umm... from the Oct. draft i read, i think it comes off a little forced - or quick... and i dont mean that in a completely negative way, i just don't think they let the relationship play out - they meet, he saves her, they have a couple intimate conversations, shag, he saves her again, and thats about it... their relationship seemed hinged on a promise that Bond made to White (before he kills himself) to "take care of his daughter for him." - that, coupled with how swiftly the story and everything moves from that point on, there isn't really time focused on just their relationship (like we got with Bond and Tracy in OHMSS, or Bond and Vesper in CR)... it IMO, seems like the regular Bond/Bond Girl relationship - perhaps more akin to Bond and Domino in TB.... thats just what i got from reading the draft i got anyway - how they act it all out with possible changes made could make a world of difference..

just my opinion.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,600
    If you want the audience to care about a relationship, you have to give it time to develop IMHO, Hunt knew this and changed the whole balance of a conventional Bond movie to accommodate the Bond/Tracy scenes and obvious in SF, we had years of M. I cant see how they will find the screen time to build up this new relationship and include all of the conventional Bond elements, the editing will be key. OR of course, Swann could be so intoxicating that we all fall in love with her.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    I have to finish wading through the Dec draft, but my sense is that she gets a little Natalya on him..
    ..maybe kinda of annoying like questioning why he does what he does....they have deep discussions...I think she gets to him....seydoux's him if you will...he falls for her.
    I will allow this, just this once, if she is his Tracy.
    I do hope she doesn't say "boys with toys" though.
    He goes off in the DB5 that can't be destroyed, with her.
    Didn't Bond and Tracy drive off in his Aston Martin at the end of OHMSS too? hmmmm
  • JCRendle wrote: »

I've read and possess both scripts, and have given both a few thorough reads. Based purely upon what's been written for the character of Madeleine, I don't buy that her connection with Bond is so strong as to warrant him falling in love once again. This doesn't necessarily mean that Craig and Seydoux won't find a way to make the relationship seem believable on screen, but from a screenplay standpoint I don't buy that this woman is the new love of Bond's life.

Her spoken interactions with Bond, as found in the December 1 draft, are as follows:

- They meet at her clinic in the Alps. He makes a couple of quips which basically allude to her beauty, then reveals that her father's dead and he killed him. Madeleine asks Bond to leave, he leaves, she then gets captured and he rescues her.

- They go to L'Americain and they have an odd scene where they get drunk and argue about ... something. It's not entirely clear why Madeleine is angry at Bond. She falls asleep and he watches her. Later Bond finds Mr White's secret room and she's there for that too.

- They board the train to where Oberhauser is hiding. Bond teaches Madeleine how to use a gun, only to find out she is already extremely proficient. They also have dinner over which they discuss the burdens of their respective professions and Madeleine asks Bond if he has ever been in love.

- They have sex onboard said train.

- They are together at Oberhauser's lair and the three have dinner, but that scene is mostly Oberhauser talking TO Bond and TO Madeleine. Not much of Bond and Madeleine talking to each other.

- They escape Oberhauser's lair and go to London, where Bond plans his next steps with M and Moneypenny and Q. Madeleine gives Bond an ultimatum: me or the mission. Her exact lines to Bond: "I won't watch any more people die, James. I walked away from that life. I can't come back. Remember what I said. Your life is a choice."

This is pretty much the extent of Bond and Madeleine's spoken interactions. After she gives him that ultimatum, she gets captured by Oberhauser and Bond saves her. We all know of course that the final scene is them driving off together in the DB5 and Bond saying "we have all the time in the world" but really it's all action from there on out.

There's nothing between Bond and Swann that, to me, has the sexual chemistry of the Sherlock scan on the train in CR or the emotional poignancy of the CR shower scene. Swann isn't a character from the novels so we can't even argue that Bond falls for her just because that's what supposed to happen. Had the last line not been there, I would have no problems with the Bond/Madeleine relationship, but the last line implies something so much deeper for her character than what I fear will be interpreted.

Perhaps, as Bond fans, we are reading far too much into that last line and the writers are having fun with us. Jo Public would not understand its context within the Bond series and just think its a throw away line?
  • patb wrote: »
    Perhaps, as Bond fans, we are reading far too much into that last line and the writers are having fun with us. Jo Public would not understand its context within the Bond series and just think its a throw away line?

Then why give the line so much prominence? They didn't make the last line of CR "The bitch is dead" even though that's the last line of the novel. Plus the character of Madeleine, as others here have already pointed out, has many parallels with the character of Tracy di Vicenzo.