SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• Does anyone know where the filming for the exterior of the 'Palazzo Cardenza', where the SPECTRE meeting is held, will be?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Does anyone know where the filming for the exterior of the 'Palazzo Cardenza', where the SPECTRE meeting is held, will be?

I was wondering the same thing
    Either Q on cable car on Bond & Madeleine's first meeting at the Hoffler clinic.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Either Q on cable car on Bond & Madeleine's first meeting at the Hoffler clinic.

Wasn't all that filmed on location?
    Cable car probably, put pretty sure the scenes inside the clinic where Bond and Madeleine meet are at Pinewood. Real location is a restaurant, remember?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 203
    Cable car probably, put pretty sure the scenes inside the clinic where Bond and Madeleine meet are at Pinewood. Real location is a restaurant, remember?

I am thinking they will film all the Q scenes in one go.

• I definitely think it's the cable car scenes. I doubt they'd film the interior scenes on a real cable car.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    They were filming inside the redecorated ICE Q restaurant on a beautiful day with a beautiful real-life backdrop. So this is for the cable car scene, hence it's called the "Q stage"
    Zekidk wrote: »
    hence it's called the "Q stage"
    The Q Stage is the actual name for the Sound Stage being used.

http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/our-studios/uk/pinewood-studios/stages/q-stage-pw
    The newest stage at Pinewood Studios, is the same size and height as the recently built Richard Attenborough Stage at 50 ft, purpose-built to serve the needs of both film and television production.

There is also 15,000 sq ft of production accommodation facilities adjoining the stage, including workshops and production offices.

I definitely think it's the cable car scenes. I doubt they'd film the interior scenes on a real cable car.

No, they filmed all the cable car scenes in Austria.
    German actor Detlef Bothe confirmed, that he wrapped his part for SPECTRE on January 11th. And as he is with Q all the time in the cable car, there is nothing more to be done for that scene.

So I guess it's the Bond/Madeleine-scenes or the Bond and Q at the bar-scenes at the clinic.
    Or the scenes in Q's hotel room. There might be windows, too, where you can see the alps.

• edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Having reviewed the concluding scenes, I do love this scar that Ernst is wearing when we reconnect with him in London.
    This is the YOLT scar. He's even got issues with the eye. It's a lock, Oberhauser is coming back as Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
    This will be awesome going forward. 007 versus Spectre again.
    Eon is not going to waste the scar.

Two ways to look at "all the time in the world" I think. The most obvious being, she is doomed. Most likely she returns for next film to be killed and the shattered glass imagery comes into play.
    Considering how much Mendes and Craig love their drama, they can go all Fleming YOLT on us, in B25, as Bond wrestles with the loss.
    I will excuse them the drama in this case, as this scenario, is Fleming rooted.
    IMO they screwed up the Vesper story in CR, as Fleming's Vesper was not at all salvageable, but Eva Green Vesper was quite salvageable.
    Fleming Bond got past his Vesper, as their relationship truly was founded on a lie. She was going to be locked away in the Tower of London for high treason, when found out.
    The episode served to steel Bond's defences against the femme fatale going forward.

Movie Vesper was really just a tragic one-off blackmail victim, which is why Bond could go all weepy over her for two films.
    So I am hoping the Bond-Swann relationship can come off real strong, and I think it will, so new Bond can have a proper Tracy, parallel love-of-his-life going forward, with Vesper very much as secondary history, as she should be.

Scenario two, which I think is not likely, is that this time Bond gets his happy ending with love of his life...BUT big problem here is they can't continue, if he is to continue being 007, so so much for love-of-life. She's got to go, some way or other.
    Everything I think says she is doomed.
    timmer wrote: »

Maybe that's why no Bond girls were offed in this one, to save for the big one in the next film. But do we really think they would've already started adding big parts of the next film already?
    Why not it's good to plan ahead

Personally I would love for them to take a slightly different approach to Bond 25 and this is something I will bring up again in the fall and next year...

The Hildebrand Rarity

What do I mean by this let the pts have bond enjoying life on a beach with Madeline and have her killed off the assailant disappears bond then travels the world to try and solve her death

Then if you want to add elements to the film from you only live twice and the man with the golden gun that is fine.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited January 2015 Posts: 630
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the filming for the exterior of the 'Palazzo Cardenza', where the SPECTRE meeting is held, will be?

I haven't read the leak, only what you've written here, but I know, from italian newspaper, that one scene will be shot at Villa Fiorano, on Appia Antica street
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 5
    SPECTRE: Filming continues at Pinewoods Q Stage

qstage_Twitter.jpg

thebondbulletin.blogspot.com/2015/01/spectre-filming-continues-at-pinewoods.html

The 'SPECTRE' Teaser Trailer is projected for MAY 29th, the Full Trailer for SEPTEMBER 04th

projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers

I haven't read the leak, only what you've written here, but I know, from italian newspaper, that one scene will be shot at Villa Fiorano, on Appia Antica street

Sure? Seems more like where Lucia's villa is rather than where the SPECTRE meeting is
  • Speaking of Lucia, here's hoping we get some set photos of Craig and Monica at Sciarra's funeral. From what I've heard, Monica starts filming next month, is that true?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    She was supposed to start filming this month iirc.

Sure? Seems more like where Lucia's villa is rather than where the SPECTRE meeting is

I've written "one scene". I don't know what it will be. I haven't read the script, so I can't judge.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »

Maybe that's why no Bond girls were offed in this one, to save for the big one in the next film. But do we really think they would've already started adding big parts of the next film already?

I doubt anything has been planned for B25, but with this ending, B24 sets up for a B25 continuation nicely.
    It's all laid out on the table.
    However I think Eon will have to guage reaction from SP audiences, before they decide how to procede moving forward.

If the ending and its possibilities end up clunking, Eon could just come back with Bond on mission again for B25, with Madeleine having moved on, like so many Bond girls before her.

HOWEVER not likely; there is not only the Bond-Maddy romance, but also one scarfaced future Blofeld, Franz Oberhauser, who has history with both Bond and Swann, which he'll want to address. Swann being particularly vulnerable, as if he gets to her, he also gets to Bond in a big way.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    So... will this backlot double for the Zocalo square in Mexico? Thoughts?

B8HxG-LIUAIamfN.jpg

7605878876_0892b52caf_z.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2015 Posts: 8,014
    Possibly, last summer I worked on the set of the new Terminator film. It's set in California but was, in large part, filmed in Louisiana, New Orleans to be specific.

The portion upon which I worked takes place on the Golden Gate Bridge. A block long section of bridge roadway was constructed in Eastern New Orleans on the site of an abandoned shopping center. The section of bridge was lined with large blue-screens much like in the photo above. A numerous traffic stunts, including a bus flipping, were filmed on this set.

If you look at the trailer you can see portions of this sequence. All of the rest of the bridge has been added as well as the sky and water background. The results are remarkable.

Doing it this way can give the crew more control, particulatly when doing elaborate stunts and high-speed chases.

/\ Well I really do not know what to make of that Terminator trailer? The only thing missing from that repeat was Robert Patrick! It just seems to be a mash up of the good old days? I do not think I will be going to the cinema for that one! :-?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm not sure about it either.
    German actor Detlef Bothe just told a newspaper, that he received a call from Debbie McWilliams, and that his part in SPECTRE now will be bigger that planned before.
    The most interessting news in this article is, that he will be shooting from Feb 9th on in either Rome or Brazil:

http://www.bz-berlin.de/kultur/film/detlef-bothe-dieser-mann-hat-die-lizenz-zum-fiessein

Could it be, that all the Rome settings will be replaced by a brazilian city, because of the problems in Rome?
    Or will Brazil double for Mexico?
    @Jan1985

Very interesting news. His original part was kind of small. Just standing there in the cable car and looking menacing.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    German actor Detlef Bothe just told a newspaper, that he received a call from Debbie McWilliams, and that his part in SPECTRE now will be bigger that planned before.
    The most interessting news in this article is, that he will be shooting from Feb 9th on in either Rome or Brazil:

http://www.bz-berlin.de/kultur/film/detlef-bothe-dieser-mann-hat-die-lizenz-zum-fiessein

Could it be, that all the Rome settings will be replaced by a brazilian city, because of the problems in Rome?
    Or will Brazil double for Mexico?

The crew is returning to Sölden on the 9th of February
    Source: http://www.soelden.com/james-bond-007-en
    I can't see how they could replace Rome with Brazil, with all the respect. And the last rumors about the ghost on the bridge are ridicolous. How can you believe that Cattolic people could believe in a ghost? Plus certainly some ghost believers can't stop an authorized production like this
    However the estimated filming times in Sölden are as follows:
    09. – 17. Feb. 2015: Road up at the Glacier, road tunnel at the Glacier

Probably a lot of car chase filming, maybe, along the roads and slopes but minus the principal actors.

Bothe is basically Spectre muscle, so he could pop up at the meeting in Rome too. or possibly Mexico scenes.
    Notice the release says "either" Rome or Brazil,not both.
    What could Brazil be standing in for?