SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    She certainly looks the part! :)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    She certainly looks the part! :)

Agree with you

• edited January 2015 Posts: 220
    Speaking of Lucia, here's hoping we get some set photos of Craig and Monica at Sciarra's funeral. From what I've heard, Monica starts filming next month, is that true?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    She was supposed to start filming this month iirc.

Here's a video from Le Figaro/BFMTV (in French). 0:25 - she said: "I'm currently on set in London and after I will go for filming in Italy". She has started in January.

Vid: bcove.me/ldl20cex
    @Lio007 Let's hope we get some pics from the shooting Rome
    edited January 2015 Posts: 1,208
    My friend that works at Pinewood has told that reportdely it has been going around the office, that Daniel Craig and Lea Seydoux are filming in Pinewood for the scenes for the
    ICE Q RESTAURANT, aka in the film HOFFLER KLINIK
    aaron819 wrote: »
    My friend that works at Pinewood has told that reportdely it has been going around the office, that Daniel Craig and Lea Seydoux are filming in Pinewood for the scenes for the

That sounds about right
    Might also explain the monstrous mountain backdrop that we saw in the photo.
    timmer wrote: »

That sounds about right
    Might also explain the monstrous mountain backdrop that we saw in the photo.

Exactly :-)
    Does anyone have any info on will the trains scenes in Morocco be filmed in the real train or will the interior of the train be rebuilt at pinewood.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    So... a "nod/reference-collection"?
    Here goes:
    - Day of the dead Festival (Mecico) - TB/MR
    - straightening the cuffs (Mexico) - SF
    - implant into bloodstream (London) - CR
    - Spectre meeting - TB
    - ejectable carseat (Rome) - GF
    - big silent henchman with signature kill - TSWLM/MR
    - a spa/clinic on top of a snowy mountain (Austria) - OHMSS
    - dinner scene and fight on train (Morocco) - FRWL
    - a hidden villains lair (Morocco) - YOLT?

These were just from the top of my head. There must be more?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So... a "nod/reference-collection"?
    Here goes:
    - big silent henchman with signature kill - TSWLM/MR
    Not forgetting
    oddjob-hat.jpg
    also, MP visiting Bond's flat in middle of night with girl scampering about in her naughties (LALD)

Bond and girl, feted with room, wardrobe and dinner with villain, from DN

Q manoevering for room, stalked by villains in crowded cable car, from FYEO ski lift scene.

and sure Hinx does seem to be in the Oddjob and Jaws tradition. Mute, unnaturally strong killer, with signature kill move.
    Gobinda comes to mind as well, but he didn't have signature move or large profile.
    "Some people never learn" - Bond offing 'C' > CR PCS
    - ''We have all the time in the world'' (OHMSS)

- More of a reminder than direct reference: Bond girl abducted and helpless in the back of a vehicle whilst Bond chases (GE tank chase).
    Any thoughts on how will the MI-6 Interior look in SPECTRE
    I'd imagine M's office will still be the same as the last scene in SF. No new director to mix it up and they're still in the same Whitehall building. We'll get a few corridor shots with the CCTV installations.
  • AdaShelby wrote: »
    In my opinion, they easily could have cast her as Lucia Sciarra, but I just think her as Estrella just won't work. The whole big actor, small character thing just seems a bit of a mess.
    I am not verey sure about that Penelope Cruz issue. I think PC was going to perform Lucia Sciarra, but, for some reason, they finally hired MB.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    Anyone else think this would make a good Blofeld/Irma combo? Christoph Waltz with Cate Blanchett.

038.jpg

I also kind of want Blofeld to have a beard. Cause Waltz pulls it off so well.

013.jpg
    Anyone else think this would make a good Blofeld/Irma combo? Christoph Waltz with Cate Blanchett.

038.jpg

013.jpg

I absolutely agree with you @MadeleineSwann, Waltz pulls it off so well with the beard

038.jpg

013.jpg

From which movies are these photos?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    edited February 2015 Posts: 574

038.jpg

013.jpg

From which movies are these photos?
    it's not from a movie but an advert for Schaffhausen watches Daily Mail article and video - also Emily Blunt, Ewan McGregor and Zhou Xun were also featured in the adverts too.

Agree that Cate and Christoph will make a great duo :)
    This modern apartment complex is currently being constructed directly across the river from MI6 (http://www.riverwalk.co.uk).

The scene I saw filmed on the Thames will show Bond and Tanner observing both the destroyed MI6 and C's new intelligence building. I wonder whether Riverwalk will double for C's building or if a lot of CGI creativity will come into play.
    CB would be a superb villain in a future Bond movie, good call
    @slyfox CGI probably.
    I have a question about the sequences on the bridge. How are they going to film it without too much media attention?
    I have a question about the sequences on the bridge. How are they going to film it without too much media attention?

They are set at night/dawn for starters...so that should help
    antovolk wrote: »

They are set at night/dawn for starters...so that should help

Actually if it's set at night could it be possible to create some of it at Pinewood. I mean if they literally built a small section of the bridge?
    Big Ben as CGI background? Please no...
  • I just saw a comment made by @Suivez_ce_parachute regarding product placement and Sony emails.

Apparently people behind the films have been unhappy about this? Do Broccoli and Wilson hate the products they have to feature in the films?
    Product placement works when it isn't obvious - almost subliminal - the audience will subconsciously clock it and associate it with Bond, without it being shoved down their throats:-

eg.

and several more examples (Currently Sony Vaio and Sony mobile phones seem to be the big thing - for obvious reasons) and the Bond films have taken flack for the amount of product placement featured.

Obviously PP gives the films a good slice of the budget, and they wouldn't be able to do as much on screen without them - but they have to make sense to the scene and they don't need to be so glaringly obvious that they are there just because they've paid to be there.

I can understand some people behind the scenes feeling unhappy with how the PP has been handled - though I haven't read the leaked e-mails, so I don't know what context the unhappiness falls under.

We'll have to wait and see if anything else comes out about this.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,164
    IIRC, the unhappiness re: placement is due to the fact that it's a bit implausible according to BB and Mendes that Bond/MI6 would use Sony phones and gear as opposed to Apple's iPhone for instance which is "the best" and (paraphrasing) 'Bond would use the best'.

As much as people would knock on it, I love the product placement in House of Cards because it's so organic and realistic as opposed to the usual "oh let's just have everyone use everything of one brand"