SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• Well, according to the leaks, Fiennes' refusal came as a shock to many (they report he was offered lots of money, and even was offered to direct some movie by the studio, but he said no). Yes they wonder too why they didn't check that earlier. It happened in the same 2 weeks or so when we learnt P&W were back. As for Logan, well he said publicly he was not interested any more in big movies, and someone at MGM/Sony called him a fraud...
    @Suivez_ce_parachute please clarify - what did Fiennes refuse, regardless of the money and directorial offer?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Fiennes refused to play a bad guy. M was supposed to be a bad guy (linked to Silva, then, I suppose, as a SPECTRE member). Which would have meant M was a traitor too in SF, I guess Fiennes was not pleased to discover his character had other motivations than what he was told during SF's production !
    TBH this was one of the theories I had after SF, that he wasn't all that he was made out to be.
  • Recall that some of the earliest stories about Fiennes being cast in Skyfall centered around whether he'd be a "sinister" character. Maybe those reports were more accurate than we knew at the time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I saw that Fiennes was going to be a "Complex" character. Never sinister.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,115
    I stand corrected. This apparently was the first story to report Fiennes in talks for the then Bond 23, though it referred to him as a villain
    :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1353733/Ralph-Fiennes-James-Bond-villain.html
    Most likely because he was still known for He who shall not be named at the time so, obviously, he's going to be the villain
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited February 2015 Posts: 805
    Fiennes deserves a medal for standing fast on this. Mallory being a villain would've made a complete nonsense of the court room gun fight in SF, not to mention sullied the fantastic 'with pleasure' final briefing scene. As it stands, that scene leaves us with the warm glow that the Bond universe we all love is well and truly back. The thought that EON seriously considering ruining that beggars belief.
    Fiennes deserves a medal for standing fast on this. Mallory being a villain would've made a complete nonsense of the court room gun fight in SF, not to mention sullied the fantastic 'with pleasure' final briefing scene. As it stands, that scene leaves us with the warm glow that the Bond universe we all love is well and truly back. The thought that EON seriously considering ruining that beggars belief.

100% agree with you. What on earth were they thinking??? And surely they could have guessed an actor of Fiennes' intelligence and skill would object to such an absorb character twist?
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    ColonelSun wrote: »

100% agree with you. What on earth were they thinking??? And surely they could have guessed an actor of Fiennes' intelligence and skill would object to such an absorb character twist?

Exactly! And I'm pretty sure Fiennes thought he was signing up to be part of Bond lore by playing M for a fair few years, not to have this ruined before he'd even had a chance to become established in the role.
    Yeah, if that's all true then Fiennes is a hero, basically. It would have ruined two films.
  • not to mention sullied the fantastic 'with pleasure' final briefing scene.

Well, SF ends with the "classic" mission briefing.. and SPECTRE begin with Bond doing something "on his own", and M not happy with that at all when he comes back.

In all the fuss about SF being felt overrated or not in the future, I think that the fact it ends with some promises that are not fulfilled in the movie that follows, will help make it fall in the "why did we call that a masterpiece at that time ?" category.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I couldn't stand it if Mallory was a bad guy. That would be so stupid..

P.S. Do you guys think there is a new script out there - a more revised 3rd act
    I don't believe that either of the leaked scripts were the final shooting scripts, nor do I believe that the final version will find it's way online.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I don't believe that either of the leaked scripts were the final shooting scripts, nor do I believe that the final version will find it's way online.

Yeah I believe the clapperboard from Bond's flat didn't match the latest leaked script. So I'm sure there is a more recent shooting script. That script was also 'polished' by Jezz Butterworth.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 591
    Does anyone else think that they will have an amazing experience watching Spectre in November even though we've read the script? Cause I do. I feel like reading it on paper and seeing it on screen are so different. When we read the script we obviously have our own vision in our heads of how it'll look based off whether it be set photos or even just our imagination, we're not exactly gonna imagine how it'll exactly be in the film. It's almost a tease in a way. The script has ampt up my excitement. I just can't wait for this film.
    Does anyone else think that they will have an amazing experience watching Spectre in November even though we've read the script? Cause I do. I feel like reading it on paper and seeing it on screen are so different. When we read the script we obviously have our own vision in our heads of how it'll look based off whether it be set photos or even just our imagination, we're not exactly gonna imagine how it'll exactly be in the film. It's almost a tease in a way. The script has ampt up my excitement. I just can't wait for this film.

I absolutely agree with you @MadeleineSwann :-) :-) :-)

• edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Well, this is scene 64 in the script from early December.!
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Exactly! And I'm pretty sure Fiennes thought he was signing up to be part of Bond lore by playing M for a fair few years, not to have this ruined before he'd even had a chance to become established in the role.
    here here! the Eon offices were clearly infected by madcow disease for a short spell.
    Thank-you Fiennes for your efforts on behalf of the forces of sanity.

re shooting script. Just my HO, but I kind of think the leaked script might be vary close to what we get. So far the actual shooting seems to be jiving with it.
    It does appear that Jesper Christenson might have had input, in altering his characters log cabin scene somewhat, but that's his call, along with Mendes.
    Personally, I think the script we've seen is pretty good. Go ahead and shoot it. I'm good.

And to answer @madeleineswann

For sure, my enjoyment of the film will be greatly enhanced having followed along as closely as possible.
    I've seen plenty of Bond films in first release, but with the last two I indulged as much advance info as I could, and it made for a heightened experience seeing the final version all come together.

Zekidk wrote: »
    Fun fact:
    There are 129 pages in total, divided into 203 scenes.
    Of the 129 pages, 40-41 pages are exterior shots, and the rest, around 90 pages, are interior shots, meaning than more than 2/3 of the movie will be shot at Pinewood.

Not really. What if all the interior shots will be around 30 seconds long in the movie, while the exterior shots will have an average lenght of 5 minutes? Also, I don't believe every single interior shot will be filmed at Pinewood.
    You have probably surmised this as well. But I guess its part of the car-chasing plane sequence, which is quite long, is it not?
    Fun fact:
    Of the 129 pages, 40-41 pages are exterior shots, and the rest, around 90 pages, are interior shots, meaning than more than 2/3 of the movie will be shot at Pinewood.

Not really. What if all the interior shots will be around 30 seconds long in the movie, while the exterior shots will have an average lenght of 5 minutes?
    Some scenes could be several pages, whereas others are only a couple of lines. When reading a script it's almost realtime. For me it took 150 minutes to read.
    Fun fact:

Not really. What if all the interior shots will be around 30 seconds long in the movie, while the exterior shots will have an average lenght of 5 minutes?
    Some scenes could be several pages, whereas others are only a couple of lines. When reading a script it's almost realtime. For me it took 150 minutes to read.

Same here
    Blenheim_Palace_panorama.jpg
    According to some user at Twitter, they are currently shooting at the Bleinheim Castle in UK. Looks to double for somewhere in Italy.
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

100% agree with them.
    Blenheim_Palace_panorama.jpg
    According to some user at Twitter, they are currently shooting at the Bleinheim Castle in UK. Looks to double for somewhere in Italy.

Yup, looks like the Pallazo Cardenza where SPECTRE meet.
    Spectre meeting. That would be my guess too!
  • It'll be interesting to see this on screen considering we know they shot this particular sequence in the UK.