SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• icsics
    sorry Nicnac.... ;)
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Doublo
    ics wrote: »
    sorry Nicnac.... ;)
    Drop me a line.
    antovolk wrote: »
    But the line itself wasn't uttered until this film though. And you guys are forgetting what really happens when he does finally order one :)) (those who've read the scripts will know)

Yep. I love it.
    Bad Timing to order a Wodka Martini in a Hospital. haha.
  • Jan1985 wrote: »
    But the line itself wasn't uttered until this film though. And you guys are forgetting what really happens when he does finally order one :)) (those who've read the scripts will know)

Yep. I love it.
    Bad Timing to order a Wodka Martini in a Hospital. haha.

One of my favorite lines in the movie is when the bartender finally says, "Here's your drink, sir" and Bond says, "Flush it down the toilet. Eliminate the middle man." Hahaha.

There is some really great dialogue in this movie, some of the best in the Craig era. Not sure whether this is Purvis & Wade or Logan but it's really solid. Many lines actually made me laugh out loud, and that was just from reading it - I think there will be some absolute belly laughs in the theater when it comes out.
    Ok now I am getting slightly worried is the humor a return to the Moore era of serious bond films (for your eyes only-A View to a Kill) or is it still the Dalton\early Craig era bond where the humor is there but doesn't distract from the harsh gritty feel that the world has.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    Ok now I am getting slightly worried is the humor a return to the Moore era of serious bond films (for your eyes only-A View to a Kill) or is it still the Dalton\early Craig era bond where the humor is there but doesn't distract from the harsh gritty feel that the world has.

It’s definitely not over-the-top, overt humor as seen in the Roger Moore films (or even in some of the Brosnans). It is more subtle and comes out more in conversations, but there are some truly great lines – and, yes, a couple (very funny) one-liners.

As mentioned above, my favorite line (SPOILER) is after Bond dispatches Hinx for the final time. Hinx, as you may know, is completely silent the whole movie, and after Bond throws him off the train, he says, “I thought he’d never shut up.” That’s as over-the-top as it gets, and I thought it was hilarious.

i don't know, i would have preferred an unknown in this part, like past bond films. PC might distract in the worse possible way ... which could be one of the best pre-titles! oh well ...

Good thing it's only a very small part. She's not my cup of tea!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 267
    In my opinion, they easily could have cast her as Lucia Sciarra, but I just think her as Estrella just won't work. The whole big actor, small character thing just seems a bit of a mess.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Is she going to tie him up, too;)?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    It’s definitely not over-the-top, overt humor as seen in the Roger Moore films
    Ahh... Bond using the door of the destroyed building while adjusting his cufflinks in the PCS is totally Roger Moore, IMO.
    i just find it interesting that two of the most widely rumored/wished for bond girls since God 2002 are finally cast in a bond film and the kick Craig's bond gets to sleep with both of them man he really is getting everything Brosnan wanted isn't he lol.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    Ahh... Bond using the door of the destroyed building while adjusting his cufflinks in the PCS is totally Roger Moore, IMO.

If anything, I considered that more of a throwback to the cufflink-adjusting moment on the train in Skyfall.

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Risico007 wrote: »
    i just find it interesting that two of the most widely rumored/wished for bond girls since God 2002 are finally cast in a bond film and the kick Craig's bond gets to sleep with both of them man he really is getting everything Brosnan wanted isn't he lol.

He having his cake and eating brosnans, too;)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Zekidk wrote: »

You are right of course, but Craig pulls it off with more aplomb I think, ie not as campy.
    Craig unlike Moore is a seriously dangerous agent. When Craig gets cute, it harkens back more to Connery, I think.
    These little touches offset the violence and mayhem.
    Personally I think the best one-line deliverers in the series are Connery and Craig, because they are the two toughest Bonds. They "earn" such lines.

And yes I do think Craig is referencing SF too, with the cufflink tugging. That move did go over well. Maybe a signature move of his now. Tie straightening's been done to death.

==Re Cruz as Estrella. She was was one of the earliest rumoured Bond girls for B24.
    Small part sure, but I bet she's happy if it's true. Don't all these actresses lie awake at night dreaming of being a Bond girl :P
    If Cruz is in the pts, that adds another level of punch to the start of the film, as opposed to casting an unknown latino.
    Cruz IMO is the ultimate in Latino actress, when you are looking for sizzling hotness combined with both raw screen presence and talent.
    Are there any lines from the script that people think would make for a good trailer voiceover?
    "Bond, James Bond" "Shaken, not Stirred"
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Are there any lines from the script that people think would make for a good trailer voiceover?

I'd definitely think that for the teaser they'll definitely use Mr White's and Lucia's dialogue to build up the organisation.

As for trailers, what I was trying to say in the other thread, according to the leaks there's a 7 minute footage reel (realistically I'd say it will be more 4 minutes, like the reel from CineEurope for Skyfall) planned for CinemaCon in April. Where they debuted the Skyfall teaser in 2012.

I'd definitely think that for the teaser they'll definitely use Mr White's and Lucia's dialogue to build up the organisation.

As for trailers, what I was trying to say in the other thread, according to the leaks there's a 7 minute footage reel (realistically I'd say it will be more 4 minutes, like the reel from CineEurope for Skyfall) planned for CinemaCon in April. Where they debuted the Skyfall teaser in 2012.

In most of the early Skyfall trailers, they really showed off the pre-title sequence, do you think they'll do that again or focus on another part?
    The teaser didn't, but the three theatrical trailer variants (Domestic, International and IMAX) did.

Depending on if they get it shot in time, pretty sure it won't be in the teaser IMO. I'd love the focus more to be on the Rome meeting...for the teaser anyways
    What, if anything, have the leaks said about the teasers/trailers?
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 625
    In most of the early Skyfall trailers, they really showed off the pre-title sequence, do you think they'll do that again or focus on another part?

I believe the teaser trailer will come out in May. They will only film in Mexico and Marocco after that. So the teaser will only show scenes of England, Austria and Italy.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    What, if anything, have the leaks said about the teasers/trailers?

Already mentioned above about CinemaCon footage in April.

For those who have read the script any idea of whT would be in the trailer
    Risico007 wrote: »
    For those who have read the script any idea of whT would be in the trailer

What I would expect in the May teaser trailer:
    -dialoge between bond and moneypenny (maybe a glimps of M's message)
    -dialoge between bond and Mr. White setting up SPECTRE
    -Intro of Madeline perhaps and into of Hinx
    -action will be primarily related to the plane vs Range Rover chase ... hopefully the CGI will be completed to some degree.

Any other things? what if we get the gun barrel? it would be awsome!
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 669
    In the script there is a question-and-answer session between Madeleine and Bond when they first meet (when she thinks he is her patient). It’s a great exchange and could be great as a teaser trailer voiceover, but it also might be too reminiscent of the exchange between Bond and the psychiatrist in the Skyfall teaser. The scene has some great lines, though. My favorite exchange is:
    Madeleine: Do you have trouble sleeping?
    Bond: Only when I’m alone.
    There’s also an interesting moment when she asks what his occupation is, and he says it’s not the kind of job that can be filled out on a form.
    Madeleine: And why’s that?
    Bond: I kill people.

So yes, there is some good stuff there, but like I said, I’m not sure they will use that since it is very similar to the Skyfall teaser. Like some others have said, a good bet would be moments from the Rome SPECTRE meeting.
    Some quick shots of Bellucci looking very alluring would sure spice trailer up too.
  • Oh, I forgot to mention, there is also another exchange which I can almost guarantee will make into at least one of the trailers:
    Bond: This organization, does it have a name?
    Madeleine: Spectre. Its name is Spectre.
    Oh, I forgot to mention, there is also another exchange which I can almost guarantee will make into at least one of the trailers:
    Bond: This organization, does it have a name?
    Madeleine: Spectre. Its name is Spectre.

I highly doubt the dialogue between Bond/Madeleine at the clinic will make it. It makes the teaser trailer more about Bond rather than SPECTRE which I believe it should be, which is why the White/Bond dialogue would work so well. As well as the above.