SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

• slyfox wrote: »
    slyfox wrote: »
    The available domain names indicate it can't be called this now anyway.

I don't think it would have been a bad title but would be better including it with a few other words. Besides, we've had Quantum in a title and a couple of bond villain names before.

What? You hear the title from a source you trust and now you suddenly don't believe it just becasue they haven't registred domain names containing the word yet?

Yes he's been right with info before but people have since told me they haven't registered that domain which I'd have expected them to have done if it was to be the title.

Skyfall domain was secured the day before the press conference that announced the name...
  • One title suggestion I read elsewhere was Death is so Permanent quite like that one. If Spectre are indeed in the movie, would be happy with Shatterhand as the title.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    You can buy
    Civilwar-themovie.com
    Civilwar-movie.com
    and yet I think Marvel will call Captain America 3 : Civil War, as they've already said.

Inhumans.com is the property of one of those companies who use unregistred website to direct traffic towards websites who pay for it.
    TheInhumans.com is still up for sale.
    and yet I think Marvel's reveal of the Inhumans movie is not a bluff.

Etc...

The days of becoming rich by buying a domain name before someone "needs" it are over. Now you really need to prove you'll produce a movie called "Civil War" in order to avoid loosing "Civilwar-themovie" as soon as Marvel asks for it.

So take this out of the equation IMO.

The fact there is a indie movie already called XXXX, with a website is a coincidence. I think EON won't refrain from using the XXXX title if they want to, because of that. And the guy who owns XXXX-movie.com has already finished his kickstarter campain, he won't even benefit from the rumor if it spreads a bit :)

Really, it's just like imagining the websites names are already bought by EON. No one knows. Remember TheForceAwakens.com was registered only the day they revealed it.

PS : for Skyfall, they did it one month before the reveal, not one day. An error I'm not sure they'll do once again.
    I think its more telling he was so sure and when we didn't believe him he changed his tune.....
    (pointing to nose) this is a very old friend of mine and something tells me this stinks.
    I am doing a little summary of the rampant baseless speculation re title.
    Two things catch my eye.
    One is a foreign language article that is linked somewhere here on this site (maybe this thread, I had to use Google translate to read it) in which the author just blithely states that the B24 title is heavily rumoured to be either Risico or Devil May Care. I honestly don't know what the source of those rumours might be, but the writer sure seemed to be giving them credence.
    Two: there is todays Spectre rumour, sourced from a friend of a friend, who might be in position to know. And I am not razzing @slyfox, in fact, I thank him for sharing.

Now, even though there is no substance to any of these rumours, I get the feeling there might actually be something to all of them.
    I wouldn't be schocked if one of them turns out to be the winner. They all seem worthy of consideration, if one was in position to do the considering.
    Personally I don't like either Risico or Devil May Care. Risico, as far as I'm concerned was already done in 1981, and DMC was an uninspiring continuation novel....but Spectre, I do like that one, as a stand-alone title.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    timmer wrote: »
    Risico, as far as I'm concerned was already done in 1981

yes, but the title can be retrofitted to anything - look at how they took The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.. neither film was a true adaptation of their respective novel - yet they used the title anyway... so while the plot and elements of Risico might have turned up in FYEO, the story title itself could still be used around a brand new script..

i'd prefer Risico before either DMC or S
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Put me in the Risico camp! Hope they eventually use Property of a Lady.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Spectre sounds like something someone on here would make up :/ ..Risico is the only decent Fleming title left ...Property of a Lady sounds to Lifetime Channel lol ..but DMC is a clever title. (not the book the title)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @slyfox like I said, I appreciate that you shared this with us. I won't shoot the messanger. What I think is that this might be a working title or keyword.
    Seems nobody got my actual meaning. I made this thread,so we dont need spoiler anymore, but IF someone knew the title or THOUGHT he knows it, i would feel that revealing it is WRONG out of respect for the producer. Even then i wouldnt mind so much, when it would stay in here, but the chances are, it will spread. AND its only 3!days left. We can wait that long, no?

In my believe, the title is more special to them then all the plot reveals, we gonna find out and will post here in the coming weeks. Especially after SF. And its not, that we would have found out of our own cleverness....
  • RC7RC7
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Spectre sounds like something someone on here would make up :/

I wouldn't even give it credence. I know we don't really talk in absolutes here, particularly regarding rumours, but that isn't the title. Surely.
    Sandy wrote: »
    @slyfox like I said, I appreciate that you shared this with us. I won't shoot the messanger. What I think is that this might be a working title or keyword.

Thanks @Sandy. It potentially could be. But not long to wait now either way! It's been a while since I posted here regularly. Good to see you're still here.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Since this is the "with spoilers" thread, I think it is OK to post speculations or second-hand rumors concerning the title. But I agree with GL that - if this turns out to be correct - it would be a real shame that the title leaked so close to the press conference.

The suggested title feels to some to be very probable and has not been widely discussed before. That's why I also believe this could be a leak that I did not want to hear before Thursday. On the other hand, who am I to complain, hanging out in this thread? I think I will leave soon and resist the urge to log into this one until 11 months later.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It is a rather long time till the film comes out, when we look at it that way.

I think if it is the correct title, it is a big shame that it was leaked. I didn't want that, really. News is only 3 days away. :)
    Off topic, everything seems to be awfully quiet around here today... calm before the storm?
  • Sandy wrote: »
    Off topic, everything seems to be awfully quiet around here today... calm before the storm?

Some of us who haven't been around for a while are just lurking, waiting for the madness to begin... ;-)

• How about: Shadow Spectre
  • Spectre sounds more like something from Daniel Craig Comics. Or S.P.E.C.T.R.E sounds more like a Bond TV spinoff. But somehow, I'm not so sure it *can't* be it. I don't mean it'll probably be it, but I can imagine it at least as a Logan title.

Now what I hope is that we won't have a two-part film about the rise and fall of Blofed done in one movie ! :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Are my Bond worshipping days coming to a close, when the thing I'm most interested about for B24 is Daniel Craig's haircut?
    NicNac wrote: »
    Are my Bond worshipping days coming to a close, when the thing I'm most interested about for B24 is Daniel Craig's haircut?

Not at all @NicNac. I wouldn't say most interested, but I have to confess I'm also rather curious about his hair ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Seems nobody got my actual meaning. I made this thread,so we dont need spoiler anymore, but IF someone knew the title or THOUGHT he knows it, i would feel that revealing it is WRONG out of respect for the producer. Even then i wouldnt mind so much, when it would stay in here, but the chances are, it will spread. AND its only 3!days left. We can wait that long, no?

In my believe, the title is more special to them then all the plot reveals, we gonna find out and will post here in the coming weeks. Especially after SF. And its not, that we would have found out of our own cleverness....

Nobody cares.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I just can't make myself like the title SPECTRE. I think that Special Executive, as suggested by another member on another website, sounds a lot better.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756
    Walecs wrote: »
    I just can't make myself like the title SPECTRE. I think that Special Executive, as suggested by another member on another website, sounds a lot better.

That's 10000x better, bloody hell. It's classy, with a hint of Spectre but the average person would get, there's an actual hint of mystery.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there

Nobody cares.

Excuse me, but we won't have none of that. Don't be so rude.

GermanLady brings up some valid points, and I agree with her completely. If it is indeed the title, then that would he a crying shame for the producers.
  • RC7RC7
    If it is indeed the title, then that would he a crying shame for the producers.

If it were, (it isn't) B&M want shooting.

edited December 2014 Posts: 1,756

Nobody cares.

GermanLady brings up some valid points, and I agree with her completely. If it is indeed the title, then that would he a crying shame for the producers.

It's simply a rumor, with no real backup claims other than it's word. I could have easily have done the same. I see where Germanlady is coming from, but since it's not a creditable rumor it doesn't make sense to avoid it. Even if it happened to be true, it wouldn't get traction before Thursday.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601

Nobody cares.

It's simply a rumor, with no real backup claims other than it's word. I could have easily have done the same. I see where Germanlady is coming from, but since it's not a creditable rumor it doesn't make sense to avoid it. Even if it happened to be true, it wouldn't get traction before Thursday.

Whatever your reasoning, I agree, there was no reason to be rude.

Thanks MayDay..
    Sandy wrote: »

I agree, thanks @slyfox.

I think it's pretty absurd to draw arbitrary lines about what is and isn't allowed to be spoiled.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited December 2014 Posts: 5,080

Nobody cares.

No need to be so darn rude, nonetheless.

But let's say that if title 'X' is knowingly posted on this thread by a member, and in 3 days time it is revealed that 'X' is indeed the title, then that would be such a shame for the producers, after all this airtight security regarding any potential leaks. It doesn't matter whether the film is called Spectre or not (I agree with RC7's sentiments here), but the fact that the potential title was leaked in the first place.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    spectre = trying to come up with an anagram.

What I got was: respect @-)

So I don't think they will go that route ...