SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It may be a good thing, due to so much speculation on that anyway. It is hard for me to judge the general public vs. seasoned and knowledgeable Bond fans, especially for something like a title. I suppose it is rather like announcing: the world's championship fight is about to begin ... maybe not a bad thing.

The word itself is Fleming and cool and relevant ... I am just surprised and not sure yet.
    Still in either thread, its wrong to reveal a supposedly true title. This slyfox did his friend a bad service IF true.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    It is not confirmed yet, but why would we need spoiler tags here? It may well be true. If you strongly prefer spoiler tags, then I'll change to conform with that here, too. I would rather not have anyone be upset or have things spoiled unnecessarily.
    No its not about tags or not. I strongly dislike, that this guy shared it in the first place. He had no right to do that.
    delete - computer glitches starting again for me ...
    Oh I definitely agree with you on that. Especially as the photo call and some news is in only 3 more days!
    Nothing will keep this now from being on twitter and if true, its the shit for them.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Still in either thread, its wrong to reveal a supposedly true title. This slyfox did his friend a bad service IF true.

I don't believe I did. My friend isn't an insider. It's a friend of a friend's info. From my point of view at this stage it is just a rumour anyway until proven otherwise. Don't shoot the messenger! ;)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i'll believe the title of SPECTRE when i see it.... in terms of the guy and his sources, we'll find out soon whether he is legit, or he is just trolling - i have doubts about his claims simply because there is no way to go back and double check him, and just because he claims it, doesn't make it so... i graduated from Harvard with a Doctorate Degree at the age of 20 - just because i said it doesn't mean it's true lol...... so right now, i'd file this one under uncredited rumor...

if it does indeed turn out to be true... kind of an uninspired title IMO..

Oh, all of a sudden, its not THAT reliable anymore. Some people should just know, when to keep their mouth shut. You sold it as 90% true and that is, what I judge here.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @slyfox if it's a friend of a friend then I'm not buying it, sorry. Like I said in the other thread, at this moment the only people knowing the title are the producers, director, main cast, writers and a small circle that absolutely needs to know it. If one of them were to leak the title it would be very easy to identify who did it and that person would be in deep trouble. The previous leaks of title were not "man-made", they were techical leaks, so I doubt we would have one this time. Moreover, I still think this title would be a huge spoiler for a production that is taking incredible care with containing any leaks.
    Well this is my 6000th post and i have to say its been fun! On the subject of the alleged title? Do you not think that would be a massive SPOILER on Eon's part? Especially seeing how secretive they have been so far?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 12,506
    delete! oops!!! :))
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Sandy wrote: »
    Moreover, I still think this title would be a huge spoiler for a production that is taking incredible care with containing any leaks.
    If they announced SPECTRE as the title then it would obviously not be a spoiler.
    Sandy wrote: »
    Moreover, I still think this title would be a huge spoiler for a production that is taking incredible care with containing any leaks.
    If they announced SPECTRE as the title then it would obviously not be a spolier.

Completely agree!
    Exactly, @Sandy. It would be easy to trace who leaked it and they would be in huge, career-damaging trouble. Why take that risk? At any time, but especially as photo call is in 3 days.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If true it's an OK title, not a great one !
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I highly doubt this rumor is true tbh. If they went through so much trouble already to hide it, then they wouldn't just let a nobody reveal it. Unless this friend of a friend is the guy doing the graphics for title, and would be required to see it, then that's the only way it would be true. And even then, they would be in huge trouble, probably signing a contract of secrecy. Also, I wouldn't really have liked to have had another one word S-title.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    How will we abbreviate it!!!!!! S? Ah!
    Oh, all of a sudden, its not THAT reliable anymore. Some people should just know, when to keep their mouth shut. You sold it as 90% true and that is, what I judge here.

I don't know where your percentage is from. Actually I stated in the original post I was taking it ''with a pinch of salt''. But I'd still rather pass any information onto this discussion forum than keep it to myself.

Many of the most respected members on here (including Marketto) as well as others are friends of mine away from this site, so they'll vouch that I'm not one to troll or make up something for nothing. I appear in the background of SF (for a split mili-second!) in the Millbank jag scene and supplied several bits of exclusive filming info last time around (like I know you did too). So I'm purely adding to the discussion here.

Still, it is and always was a rumour as far as I'm concerned until we know otherwise. Don't shoot the messenger.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    "A friend of a friend" OMG that changes everything @slyfox ;)
    Actually no, we've all played this game before. Someone posting on here, that something is very sure, without citing a source, is alway dodgy, even when @marketto does it., which is why I was jesting with the info in the other thread.

Even by @jwestbrook's rule for the other thread, rumours are not spoilers. This "news" didn't need to be spoilered even on his thread.
    He doesn't want spoilers period, tagged or otherwise, ie no hard news from the set, or the production company, that wasn't intended for public release.

I don't think we need to fuss over spoilers at all here though. Its all just talk, and info, until the actual film is released, and then those that have seen it, can actually "spoil" it for others that haven't seen it.
    Personally, there is nothing I am not interested in knowing, speculative or very authentic.
    I cannot be spoiled, but we all have our varying degrees as to what we might want to know.
    If that becomes an issue, I'll start a thread where the notion of "spoiler" is truly a non-issue.

==as for the Title, Spectre, if there is fire to this smoke, I think its a great title. It only reveals that Spectre will feature in the film. The identity of Blofeld could still be a mystery. Eon could still play coy as to what character Waltz is playing.
    In fact this movie might be a Spectre origins film, with a Waltz as Blofeld "surprise" reveal at the end. If so Spectre would be a close to perfect title. Revealing, but still leaving much to be discovered.
    Mind you if the last film is any indication though, nothing will stay secret. All the juicy SF stuff was well leaked, ie Eve as MP, My dying, what Skyfall was etc, so I have no doubt, all the juicy plot details will emerge again, and be fully spoiled on this site, not to mention in actual media too.
    Be forewarned.
    I know you are not in any way a troll, slyfox. It still just sounded more definite with your first post, which said in part: I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we get confirmation but on previous record, he has always been highly reliable with what he's told me.

But we will all take it as a rumor, since a friend of a friend said it, and a big pinch of salt. Thanks, and thanks for stating on the other thread that the title is still available as a domain name. I'm not shooting you now. :)
  • Swank better not be the new Bond girl!
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Swank better not be the new Bond girl!
    M was lead Bond girl last time. Swank is progress.

===
    I razz of course.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Remember the first reveal about the name "Quantum" was a bit spoiled by the title one hour before ;)
  • RC7RC7
    slyfox wrote: »

I don't know where your percentage is from. Actually I stated in the original post I was taking it ''with a pinch of salt''. But I'd still rather pass any information onto this discussion forum than keep it to myself.

Many of the most respected members on here (including Marketto) as well as others are friends of mine away from this site, so they'll vouch that I'm not one to troll or make up something for nothing. I appear in the background of SF (for a split mili-second!) in the Millbank jag scene and supplied several bits of exclusive filming info last time around (like I know you did too). So I'm purely adding to the discussion here.

Still, it is and always was a rumour as far as I'm concerned until we know otherwise. Don't shoot the messenger.

I still think it's bollocks.
  • The next film will probably be named after James Bonds barber. (Tongue firmly in cheek)
    The available domain names indicate it can't be called this now anyway.

I don't think it would have been a bad title but would be better including it with a few other words. Besides, we've had Quantum in a title and a couple of bond villain names before.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619

I don't think it would have been a bad title but would be better including it with a few other words. Besides, we've had Quantum in a title and a couple of bond villain names before.

What? You hear the title from a source you trust and now you suddenly don't believe it just becasue they haven't registred domain names containing the word yet?

What? You hear the title from a source you trust and now you suddenly don't believe it just becasue they haven't registred domain names containing the word yet?

Yes he's been right with info before but people have since told me they haven't registered that domain which I'd have expected them to have done if it was to be the title.