SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

I am beginning to think that Seydoux may be the only Bond girl of substance, like FRWL or TLD. She may be the featured girl, with a few others maybe making brief appearances.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    timmer wrote: »
    I am beginning to think that Seydoux may be the only Bond girl of substance, like FRWL or TLD. She may be the featured girl, with a few others maybe making brief appearances.
    I fear you're correct but hope you're wrong. I think Naomi's MP is going to have more opportunities to disgrace herself as well.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I truly am one of the minority (I think) who do not mind Moneypenny actually in the field more ... not too much, but some, yes.

I am still hopeful for one more main Bond girl. I think it would be of benefit (says me, not having read the script - ha!). If there is not another main Bond girl other than Lea's role (we were told earlier on there was and she would be British ... but that was a while ago when still thinking it would be filmed in Norway) - they have kept it well under wraps.
    Actually I don't mind MP being in the field, I am just not happy with Naomi and certainly even less, if she takes the place of the second Bond girl AGAIN. No Sir...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Naomi isn't the problem it's the script and direction.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    For me, she is. She is a nice character and seemingly a nice person, but doesn't cut the Bond girl look for me - at all. The script/direction was fine for me.

• RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »

It was a bit of both in SF. I didn't like the MP narrative if I'm being honest, details of which I explained in depth on other threads, so I'd be loathe to see her in the field again. That isn't MP. You want Bond to buddy up with a Brit agent in multiple movies? Bring in Brand or an original character. I didn't think it was smart, nor was it clever. The one thing I really don't want to happen is for the Bond movies to become an ensemble piece. This isn't the Marvel or DC universe.

For me, honestly, I liked Naomie a lot. I know that varies among folks. But yes, I like her. I liked pretty much everything about her; her looks, and I thought she had very nice chemistry with Daniel. I do actually think she will be in the field somewhat; hopefully not much. I am happy with her as the actress playing Moneypenny.
  • RC7RC7
    her looks, and I thought she had very nice chemistry with Daniel.

She looks great, but I always felt like she was 'acting'. It was especially noticeable to me in the scenes with Craig, who really brings all the electricity.
    Yes we shall just have to disagree; we simply saw it differently.
    I enjoyed their chemistry a good deal and I thought she was fine. I realize that some people like me really like her in the role and others don't. Fair enough.

For the script using MP in the field, I do want that kept to a minimum. I am curious about that because I do not see how MP will ever be just a fleetingly seen secretary any more. And really I don't mind the role being expanded a bit.
  • RC7RC7
    I am curious about that because I do not see how MP will ever be just a fleetingly seen secretary any more.

Me neither, it's set a precedent.
    RC7 wrote: »
    her looks, and I thought she had very nice chemistry with Daniel.

She looks great, but I always felt like she was 'acting'. It was especially noticeable to me in the scenes with Craig, who really brings all the electricity.

This.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I am curious about that because I do not see how MP will ever be just a fleetingly seen secretary any more.

Me neither, it's set a precedent.
    For me, she CAN be there as long as there are two proper Bond girls around.

@Forever: Actually I am happy a lot of people really like her, since we will see more of her.
    Yes, give us another proper Bond girl! I don't want MP considered that, truly.

It did set a precedent in Skyfall, true, RC7. We shall have to see how restrained Mendes and scriptwriters and producers end up being. It is difficult to guess really.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Personally I was not a fan of her portrayal.

While I understand the need to modernize MP in this day and age, and try to remove some of the stereotypes, I did not appreciate the way they went about it.

In fact, the MP 'reboot' IMO was by far the weakest element of SF (outside of the much discussed plot holes). Q & M were believable (both were new people inhabiting a designation or 'office').

MP is an actual name of a character in the series - so this was a reimagination of a role we have known and loved for 50 odd years. I don't recall too many fans (or members of the general public for that matter) clamouring for the role to be rebooted or reimagined in such a fashion. I know at least I was not. I personally found the interactions between Bond and MP, while humourous, forced and lacking in the warmth that characterized Lois Maxwell's definitive portrayals..

On top of that, having Naomi (as MP) stand next to Craig & Marlohe during the SF photoshoot was a travesty. MP is not so big a character that she has to get billing with Bond & the Bond girl.

What's next, Whishaw's Q scratching a pimple while standing next to Craig & Seydoux during B24's photoshoot?

I hope she goes back to where she belongs - i.e. behind the desk, and Mendes restrains himself with her use in B24. 2-3 minutes screen time tops, thank you very much. Keep Mi6 in its cage & use them judiciously. This is a James Bond Movie, not the Mi6 Gong Show.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,277
    TV report from Austria, with english subs. Many thanks to The Bond Bulletin. ;)

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks, @marketto007!
    Skyfall was the MP origins story, as well as the M decline and death story, as well as the Bond re-visiting his roots story. So much drama.
    The M story is done with. Bond seemed to be back to normal, yet again, by end of film, and MP had been assigned to desk duty, self-admittedly not suitable for field duty.
    So maybe there is hope, based on where we found both Bond and MP at end of story.
    By hope I mean that MP, now that we know her backstory, and not that we actually needed it, but we got it anyway, will assume the MP role that Maxwell, Bliss and Sam Bond portrayed.
    Sure, she can venture into the field as the others did, but none of the action stuff please.
    These movies are mainly about Bond and the characters he encounters both good and bad, from film to film. The Mi6 support team has always played a small role. A vital but still limited role.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    I'm checking the most newly registered domains and saw that 007lh.com has been registered today. Didn't see any domains starting with an L that would be a fit. Could be just a random coincidence as thousands of domains are registered every day. Have to imagine we hear the title anyday now with shooting starting soon.
    If there is not going to be another Bond Girl, I hope Seydoux has a large part. It was a good idea to update MP and make her a black actress. Unfortunately, Harris was not the right actress for a role in SF that should have gone to an actress that was beautiful, sexy and had chemistry with DC. Craig could have chemistry with a lamp post, but he had none with Harris no matter how hard the script pushed it in the shaving scene. She is a good actress, but she is not a sexy woman and that, at least to me, is a 100% requirement for a Bond Girl. It was a pity Severne's role could not have been bigger as the actress playing her and DC had definite chemestry. I fear EON will do something stupid, like going back on the SF scene that had MP clearly back at the job Fleming intended and not in the field where she nearly killed Bond. I hope she is used the way Fleming intended MP to be used in Bond24 and not in the way Harris keeps insisting she be used in interviews as Bond's equal.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    smitty wrote: »
    Harris was not the right actress for a role in SF that should have gone to an actress that was beautiful, sexy....

and Naomie is neither sexy nor beautiful?? :-O I think you need to fire your oculist..

harris_zps894773ee.jpg
    That first photo is quite risque.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i know right ;)

but seriously, i had the "safe search" function on the Google when i found those..
    She pushes the "sexy" stuff here, but, and this is my opinion, she is not sexy. Also, the pics have been heavily photoshopped, the left pic doesn't even look like her. I think Harris knows she has never been regarded as sexy. She all but said it in interviews. But what I really dislike about her is how hard she pushes the importance of her MP role in Bond, constantly noting that MP is Bond's equal. I also thought her pushing Elba as Craig's replacement was bordering on disloyal. She even bragged that she started the rumors that Elba was replacing Craig. Not cricket.
    I agree, she is not. And she has no neck and weird proportions altogether.
    Well, I wish we had more real news to spoil. ;)

No press conference is the latest (only a photocall perhaps next week), and coming from Marketto, I think that shall prove to be true. Even with a photocall soon, we will undoubtedly have the nagging question of "is there another Bond girl yet to be announced?" ... unless they spring her on us in that upcoming photocall. Hmmm.

I appreciate them keeping things under wraps actually. With all the Blofeld rumours flying about, I'm afraid a press conference would turn into a whole pile of Blofeld questions shouted at the group. And that would frankly not be fun for anyone, even us viewers.
    But I would be REALLY sad, if they wouldn't even TRY to make the production some fun for the fans as well. Like I repeat. QOS was wonderful with that.
    Oh I want a photocall then a press conference later. :)
    I don't need a press conference now. Even a couple of months from now, full cast, etc. is okay with me. They can announce the title any time. I agree they can do things that are enjoyable for fans. And I do want them to give us videoclips and things like that, to give the fans something fun. I rather do not want clapperboards, though. But I sure hope they give us some things as we try to stay patient. :)
    Agreed, the clapperboards were boring. Remember the little clips the crew members gave us during QOS? There was one with Gary Powell or was it Ben with a dog. Way cute..
    Short clips - and they could do such a variety, from different crew members - would be great! :)