No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    peaderp wrote: »
    I meant Cannes was next month but you probably guessed that.
    Sure. Just messing with you, hope you can forgive me.
    You'll be forgiven in two months. (next year)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    QBranch wrote: »
    peaderp wrote: »
    I meant Cannes was next month but you probably guessed that.
    Sure. Just messing with you, hope you can forgive me.
    You'll be forgiven in two months. (next year)

LOL. Even backwards.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tomorrow never lies.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    So, do you think Bond will only be doing it with one woman in this movie?
    The press conference won't be this Monday because that's Easter Bank Holiday in the UK. Rest of the week is available, of course. ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    We should have an announcement for the conference by Wednesday at the latest :)

(based on the past so don't take my word for it)
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 308
    I think they should wait till the first week of May for maximum exposure, but what do I know.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    What's the consensus, do people think it will happen this week or first week of May?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Bentley007 Well, we have more to support this week considering the Good Morning Britain thing, plus James Bond Radio tweeted this before GMB had even aired:

Denbigh wrote: »
    @Bentley007 Well, we have more to support this week considering the Good Morning Britain thing, plus James Bond Radio tweeted this before GMB had even aired:

My hope is this week but I get there is steep competition with Avengers. I think a Wednesday press event would be great this week.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be honest, I don't think Avengers really matters to something like this. I understand what people think from a business standpoint, but this is only a press conference and despite any amount of Avengers-buzz, people will still get excited about a James Bond announcement and I'm sure it will trend on Twitter or whatever, and people will still talk about it.

I'd actually be more concerned if the conference coincided with a Marvel announcement because then you'd have problems with hype because Marvel-fans do outweigh the Bond fans when it comes to news. This is another reason I think Bond shouldn't go to something like Comic-Con.

Anyway, a Bond announcement will still get the attention it deserves if it's next week. Although I'm sure they'll avoid Wednesday because that's the release date of Avengers in the UK, so maybe Thursday or Friday would be better. Give Avengers its day (even though I don't care about it) then shower us with James Bond. I'm sure we'll get a bunch of "Avengers and James Bond in the same week! OMG" tweets and comments.
    I still believe that GMB video was fake and it never really aired this week. I mean if it were real then GMB would promote it on their social media sites too, right?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think it would be a bold move to announce the same week as the release of The Avengers.
    It’s like their saying ‘ we’re not afraid to play with the big boys ‘. Bond is back!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    I think it would be a bold move to announce the same week as the release of The Avengers.
    It’s like their saying ‘ we’re not afraid to play with the big boys ‘. Bond is back!
    Exactly, and film's are treated differently to announcements anyway. A 007 conference would in no way dampen Avengers, and vice versa.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 565
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/bollinger-aston-martin-bring-big-14439798

How much of Bond is going to be funded by incentives? Between this if true and the location incentives are we close to 125 million GBP.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I still believe that GMB video was fake and it never really aired this week. I mean if it were real then GMB would promote it on their social media sites too, right?

You really can't stay away from causing rhetoric can you?!

What is no chance in hell?

I’ll take obvious things for 2000 Alex
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Risico007 wrote: »

N O __ C H A N C E __ I N __ H E L L

Awesome title suggestion, @Risico007. Oh, what discussion is this.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »

N O __ C H A N C E __ I N __ H E L L

Awesome title suggestion, @Risico007. Oh, what discussion is this.

Actually yeah
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Sigh.

Its not fake.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/bollinger-aston-martin-bring-big-14439798

How much of Bond is going to be funded by incentives? Between this if true and the location incentives are we close to 125 GBP?

Yeah thats not unusual. I *think* Die Another Day was funded purely by product placement. And you can see the results of that in the film. Hence in CR he product placement was intentionally paired back.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Mallory wrote: »

Sigh.

Its not fake.

What is not fake then, Garreth? Panchito can be quite annoying.

How's the arm, sir? ;-)
  • weboffearweboffear Scotland
    PanchitoPistoles try looking on james bond radios facebook they have the GMB trailer posted there
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,894
    But isn't it suspicious how GMB haven't reported it on their site? There is no article from GMB themselves, reporting on it.
    But isn't it suspicious how GMB haven't reported it on their site? There is no article from GMB themselves, reporting on it.
    Plus, it’s all quite vague.
    “Bond is back and we’re going to be covering it.”

• edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Exactly. Thank you!

Instead of stirring the pot, why won’t you explain to me why GMB has not been promoting this on their social media sites if this video really is from this week and not just a random person deceiving us with a Spectre promo from 2015?

Again, I’m not saying this is fake and I’m not saying the PC won’t be held next week. All I’m saying is that this promo and the way it has been presented to us fans are highly suspicious.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Good Morning Britain just trailed "the return of Bond, coming soon to GMB" with a promo of the presenters dressed in tuxedo's with the gunbarrel and music..

So the presser next week seems even more likely.

edited April 2019 Posts: 2,055
    Hey ho, I shouldn't have bothered with waiting around an hour to record it on ITV+1, upload it and then share it with like minded eager Bond fans ready for the press conference.

GMB is back on the TV tomorrow. Perhaps we will hear more then.
    Hey ho, I shouldn't have bothered with waiting around an hour to record it on ITV+1, upload it and then share it with like minded eager Bond fans ready for the press conference.

GMB is back on the TV tomorrow. Perhaps we will hear more then.

I am thankful for it! And if it was on national television it wouldn't be fake. They might only have a date of the conference and nothing else confirmed.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,272
    Don't know how GMB promote things, but say the press conference is held late next week (Thursday/Friday), they might promote it more heavily in the days leading up to the event.

Also, it's a breakfast show; they might not promote it as heavily as we think they'll do.