No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    One correction: The films have premiered and been released first ahead of the UK many times. Just business, nothing personal.
    No worries, wouldn't be a discussion without it. My main reference for this is our last three instalments, plus I think someone found out the earlier release date for Bond 25, but either way I'm still against James Bond being joint with the Comic-Con train but thanks for the heads up :)
    RC7 wrote: »
    @Bounine To answer your first question: learning the title, the official cast & crew list AND the short synopsis. Maybe these things don’t excite you, but they definitely do excite me.

Yeah, for the sole reason that if you don’t like them (highly likely) you can harp on about it here for the next year. You can’t wait to be annoyed, that’s your issue, mate.
    Stop being hostile. Calm down, relax and enjoy the ride.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Physician heal thyself as they say. Take your own advice on that.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Chill everyone. Later this month there will be a ton of new stuff to endlessly talk about.

All of us are having patience-training, focus sessions, zen-state lessons, all provide by our very own EON, for free I might ad. They are saving us from the Y-gen gene and we don't even know it. And brilliantly so. I'm now waiting for some pictures on a printed imported Premiere magazine, and that'll be it. I'll sleep with said magazine by the bed, and before going to dreamy land, I'll take a look and conjure a fan-flick worthy movie throughout the night. I've now returned to my 12 year old physio-psychological rhythm. Thank you, EON!

And even if I was joking, there's some truth to it. We all must breath and learn not to depend on instant gratification.

Bah, who am I kidding?!?

200.gif

Me, every day of the week:

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 377
    James Bond.
    Calmer'nweare.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Imagine if everyone here was patient and positive, this thread would be boring.
    Maybe not so boring. Maybe the stuff that dreams are made of.

CpT_2R.gif

b45016574c21d5bce9cba7a0770984fb--bulletproof-vest-maltese.jpg
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    http://www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/james-bond-25-al-via-a-matera-e-marina-di-pisticci-i-sopralluoghi-per-le-riprese-del-film-dedicato-allo-007-piu-famoso-del-mondo/

Latest article about the Italian shoot. Mentions a beach shoot which could stand in for Jamaica and three potential actresses who could be cast. Priyanka Chopra, Jodie Comer and Monixa Belluccis daughter.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Absolute joke of an article.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ummmm Monica Bellucci's daughters are children (the one mentioned is 14) :/

...and I'll believe Chopra's involvement as much as I'd believe the Jonas Brothers doing the title song.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Priyanka Chopra said she wouldn't star in a Bond film unless she's playing Bond. ;)
    Has main unit filming @ Pinewood begun yesterday?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Has main unit filming @ Pinewood begun yesterday?
    Supposedly so.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    MI6-HQ is reporting that
    Swann will accompany Bond during a car chase through the streets of Matera for the film's PTS.

Bond 25's pretitles sequence will be shot on location in Matera, Italy, during the late summer months. Léa Seydoux will be returning in her role as Madeleine Swann for the action-packed car chase, that takes place after 007 pays tribute to an old flame. Whether Swann has any presence in the story after the credits sequence is not known at this time. The location was first scouted for a car chase for the 'Quantum of Solace' pretitles.

Anyone know if this was taken from Italian reports, or if this is new info?
    jake24 wrote: »
    MI6-HQ is reporting that
    Swann will accompany Bond during a car chase through the streets of Matera for the film's PTS.

Bond 25's pretitles sequence will be shot on location in Matera, Italy, during the late summer months. Léa Seydoux will be returning in her role as Madeleine Swann for the action-packed car chase, that takes place after 007 pays tribute to an old flame. Whether Swann has any presence in the story after the credits sequence is not known at this time. The location was first scouted for a car chase for the 'Quantum of Solace' pretitles.

Interesting! I have not heard anything like this before.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Pays tribute to an old flame?? Is he visiting Vesper’s grave? With Swann? Or does he go to the gravesite by himself, and is attacked en route to pick up Swann?
    Excited already!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    jake24 wrote: »
    MI6-HQ is reporting that

New information from what I can tell
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Interesting, I'm not sure what to think of that information...
    I love the sound of the car chase, but the "old flame" part is confusing.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Interesting, I'm not sure what to think of that information...
    I love the sound of the car chase, but the "old flame" part is confusing.

Agreed, sir.
    I think it’s safe to say this film won’t be the traditional bond gets his mission from M and is on his way
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I think it’s safe to say this film won’t be the traditional bond gets his mission from M and is on his way
    Good.
    I think it's a nice touch for Bond to visit Vesper's grave like he annually did in the novels.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,185
    I think it's a nice touch for Bond to visit Vesper's grave like he annually did in the novels.
    I agree. It would be a great way to Show that Bond - now that he's with Madeline and 'left' mi6 - has learned to accept his past and can deal with it more maturely. And as we all know Vesper died in Italy, so this is very likely.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    00Agent wrote: »
    I agree. It would be a great way to Show that Bond - now that he's with Madeline and 'left' mi6 - has learned to accept his past and can deal with it more maturely. And as we all know Vesper died in Italy, so this is very likely.
    Let's hope they don't kill Madeline five minutes later because that's gonna be one screwed up arc :/ Just visiting my first loves grave before my new girlfriend's about to die also.
    It'd bring a whole new level to sacrificial lamb.
    Let's hope they don't kill Madeline five minutes later because that's gonna be one screwed up arc :/
    Haha true, i have no idea how she will fit into all this, partly because she was so underwritten in Spectre (as everybody else) but i don't think they will kill her. That would be incredibly lazy, this Bond has lost enough people already, i think he is way past revenge anyway. I would much prefer if they really give her character some purpose this time and for all i care Bond can retire with her on Jamaica.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Let's hope they don't kill Madeline five minutes later because that's gonna be one screwed up arc :/
    Haha true, i have no idea how she will fit into all this, partly because she was so underwritten in Spectre (as everybody else) but i don't think they will kill her. That would be incredibly lazy, this Bond has lost enough people already, i think he is way past revenge anyway. I would much prefer if they really give her character some purpose this time and for all i care Bond can retire with her on Jamaica.
    It's a difficult one...
    ...I also feel they can't be that stupid to kill her off, especially in the first twenty minutes, but it's also hard to know how she'll fit in with the rest of the story. Her backstory must have some relevance to the main story, but with so many other characters I don't know how she'll fit. Other than her, Bond and the MI6 regulars, we have a villain, two other Bond girls and Magnussen's character and probably a main henchman, although hopefully one of the two new Bond girls is a henchwoman. Fingers crossed. Interesting one Eon, you've really got my mind spinning :)
    It's a difficult one...
    ...I also feel they can't be that stupid to kill her off, especially in the first twenty minutes, but it's also hard to know how she'll fit in with the rest of the story. Her backstory must have some relevance to the main story, but with so many other characters I don't know how she'll fit. Other than her, Bond and the MI6 regulars, we have a villain, two other Bond girls and Magnussen's character and probably a main henchman, although hopefully one of the two new Bond girls is a henchwoman. Fingers crossed. Interesting one Eon, you've really got my mind spinning :)
    I really hope we get a femme fatale, that would take care of one Bond girl and the Henchman. They can't top Hinx anyway and if they don't intend to bring him back then they should go with that. Madeline is a tricky one, we never had a main Bond girl return, so this could go in many directions. But i'm really excited to see what they'll do with her.