No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

AgentM72 wrote: »
    My favourite casual Craig look of all time is one not seen on film.

qosbc-shirt1.jpg

It's so damn good.

Agreed. They nailed it here.

Could never fathom why Bond wouldn't shed the jacket in the desert!

Honestly I don't get what's so great about that outfit. The top is great, but he's just wearing slim jeans and ugly shoes. IMHO even the best jeans don't look as good as other pants.

My opinion as well.

PS: Are we using the Bond25 thread to discuss QOS again? This time, the outfits, really?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Anything from Baz yet for tonight?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    There is a perfectly good thread to give QOS a metaphorical hand job already available.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just rewatched the scene in SP, where Madeleine tells Bond about the time when she was forced to defend her father from a man who came to kill him.
    Doesn't this scene feel so much richer now that we've actually seen part of how that memory played out?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just rewatched the scene in SP, where Madeleine tells Bond about the time when she was forced to defend her father from a man who came to kill him.
    Doesn't this scene feel so much richer now that we've actually seen part of how that memory played out?

Yes, it does. But by the same token we don’t 100% know for sure that’s the actual scenario.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 84
    i rarely contribute here but i can promise anyone, that as a Bond fan i have been utterly blown away by Jodie Comer in Killing Eve. Her casting in a Bond would come second only on my wish list to come true, with Monica Bellucci finally making an appearance.

Jodie Comer has played the character of Villanelle with elegance yet danger, beauty yet sinister. She has demonstrated fabulous acting with multiple accents and languages and also a chameleon ability with changing of appearances. She would totally be an asset to Bond, yes B25 may be too far into its production now to get her on board but i can absolutely see her playing some part in the future; it would be a waste if not.

My private plea to to EON to cast her at some point in the future starts here!!!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    darrenr wrote: »
    i rarely contribute here but i can promise anyone, that as a Bond fan i have been utterly blown away by Jodie Comer in Killing Eve. Her casting in a Bond would come second only on my wish list to come true, with Monica Bellucci finally making an appearance.

Jodie Comer has played the character of Villanelle with elegance yet danger, beauty yet sinister. She has demonstrated fabulous acting with multiple accents and languages and also a chameleon ability with changing of appearances. She would totally be an asset to Bond, yes B25 may be too far into its production now to get her on board but i can absolutely see her playing some part in the future; it would be a waste if not.

My private plea to to EON to cast her at some point in the future starts here!!!

I literally just started watching Killing Eve today when that rumor popped up lol, but i can wholeheartedly agree with you already. Great show and great actress.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig looked best escaping oberhausers base
    Not gonna lie, it got a lot of stick here, but it’s bad ass.
    He was gunning down those dudes like GE 64 on Agent difficulty
    To this day, I still wonder if that's supposed to be the joke. I don't like admitting that I genuinely can't tell. Is it that he's James Bond, he's so tough, that he can just go through that torture and still dominate all the anonymous henchmen?

The way it's shot and cut, particularly when he takes out the last thug from a distance, is certainly played for laughs. But the intensity and scoring sort of play it straight.

Curious scene. Much as I love it.
    I'm not a gamer, so to me it recalls experience on a military rifle range qualifying on pop-up silhouette targets. Very familiar and satisfying to the last shot, delay, target goes down.

Pulling those type training/execution moments into the film is smart on the part of the filmmakers. And Bond getting his mojo back and taking out a bunch of bad guys won't go out of style either.

b-21x-2016-t.jpg
    That sequence falls in line with the rest of the film. Very linear and not dynamic or exciting. Only exception is the train fight against Hinx, but that was just derivative.

Bond taking out a bunch of bad guys with Stormtrooper aim is expected, but at least stage it to look more difficult to get out of that place instead of just walking in a straight line to the helicopter.

The ball is in your court, Fukunaga.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756

To this day, I still wonder if that's supposed to be the joke. I don't like admitting that I genuinely can't tell. Is it that he's James Bond, he's so tough, that he can just go through that torture and still dominate all the anonymous henchmen?

The way it's shot and cut, particularly when he takes out the last thug from a distance, is certainly played for laughs. But the intensity and scoring sort of play it straight.

Curious scene. Much as I love it.

I'm sure Cary's going to bring something very inventive to the action sequences in Bond 25. Perhaps not even just the expected "long single take" either, though that would be splendid depending on the circumstances.

Perfect for a Youtube fan film, not so much for a quality feature film trying to take itself seriously.
    You folks don't like Spectre.

I do!
    If not a press conference, does anyone think we’ll get something tomorrow announcing that filming has started at Pinewood?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    If not a press conference, does anyone think we’ll get something tomorrow announcing that filming has started at Pinewood?
    It would depend on whether filming at Pinewood actually begins tomorrow. It'd be nice for Eon to tease us with something prior to the official announcement.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Not a fan.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I do, and my casual Bond friends also like it.
    So it follows you're likely to question most of the content of the film.

Hope you like BOND 25 better.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I do!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I have many issues with Spectre. Narrative-wise specifically because it doesn't hold itself together. But, I'd be lying if I said I don't like the film.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I have many issues with Spectre. Narrative-wise specifically because it doesn't hold itself together. But, I'd be lying if I said I don't like the film.

+1
    The Bondest Craig film so far.
    +1
    The Bondest Craig film so far.
    Quite!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    “Gosh, what I really want is another Spectre.” -Nobody
    edited April 2019 Posts: 544

If by having "another SPECTRE" you mean having the elements that made Bond great and a happy ending with Bond getting the girl, I'm all for that! :D
    If by having "another SPECTRE" you mean having the elements that made Bond great and a happy ending with Bond getting the girl, I'm all for that! :D
    Better make that two!
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator

Yes, on paper that sounds all fine and dandy, but the way this was executed left a sour taste in many peoples mouths.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,000
    Better make that two!

Count me in! SP had problems, but its revival of the classic Bond elements and formula wasn’t one of them. I’d dare say that was the only good thing in fact. Its issues come from plot holes, a crappy love story, the Brofeld debacle, and an anticlimactic ending.
    Better make that two!
    Count me in! SP had problems, but its revival of the classic Bond elements and formula wasn’t one of them. I’d dare say that was the only good thing in fact. Its issues come from plot holes, a crappy love story, the Brofeld debacle, and an anticlimactic ending.
    +1. Always the voice of reason, my friend. Always the voice of reason.

Yes, on paper that sounds all fine and dandy, but the way this was executed left a sour taste in many peoples mouths.

This. SP is the most “classic” feeling of Craig’s films, but the execution was lackluster on many fronts.
    Better make that two!

Precisely. In fact the things that make SPECTRE bad aren't the return of the traditional elements but the opposite!

-Gunbarrel at the beginning.
    -Slight Moore-esque gags.
    -Brosnan-esque quips.
    -Bond seduces a girl in a macho way.
    -World-domination ambition (okay, amidst a personal plot, but still Brofeld had a relevant ambition)
    -Bond stays with the leading girl at the end.
    -Aston with gadgets (even tough they fail), watch gadget too.
    -Proper Q lab scene from the first time since 2002.

Loved that.
    Better make that two!

Precisely. In fact the things that make SPECTRE bad aren't the return of the traditional elements but the opposite!

-Gunbarrel at the beginning.
    -Slight Moore-esque gags.
    -Brosnan-esque quips.
    -Bond seduces a girl in a macho way.
    -World-domination ambition (okay, amidst a personal plot, but still Brofeld had a relevant ambition)
    -Bond stays with the leading girl at the end.
    -Aston with gadgets (even tough they fail), watch gadget too.
    -Proper Q lab scene from the first time since 2002.

Loved that.
    I'm all for those!