No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Probably a joke... but Aston Martin's electric car could totally be sported by Bond
    Aston-Martin-Rapide-E-EV-2.jpg
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    ggl007 wrote: »

"Working title Shatterhand".
    I'd take the whole article as a joke, yes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I mean the last of my worries is whether the car he drives is electric or not so if this is true or not, I’m not that bothered haha
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m sorry but being an automotive enthusiast, it’d be a crying shame to put Bond in an Aston that DOESN’T produce that infamous exhaust note. Astons have one of the best exhaust notes out there. Bond needs to be driving a vehicle with a beastly engine under the hood. Not an environmentally friendly set of wheels.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I’m sorry but being an automotive enthusiast, it’d be a crying shame to put Bond in an Aston that DOESN’T produce that infamous exhaust note. Astons have one of the best exhaust notes out there. Bond needs to be driving a vehicle with a beastly engine under the hood. Not an environmentally friendly set of wheels.

I agree 100%. Although an electric car does leave more room under the hood for missiles. ;)
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Yeah, let’s destroy the planet! I’m really hoping this article is correct, I’m 100% on board with Bond finally driving an electric car.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yeah, let’s destroy the planet!
    I’m sure Bond not driving an electric car will put the entire globe in jeopardy. Perhaps the great Danny Boyle should make a movie about it.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I’m sure Bond not driving an electric car will put the entire globe in jeopardy. Perhaps the great Danny Boyle should make a movie about it.

Zing!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    What? What destroyes the planet is not a single luxury car but the general idea that excess is good. Bond driving an electric car is a step in a good direction and it would set a good example.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be honest, I’d never even heard of the Scottish Sun before today, so I’d be quite surprised if this is true. The Sun here in London is known for being a load of crap so I won’t be surprised if the Scottish one is too.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What? What destroyes the planet is not a single luxury car but the general idea that excess is good. Bond driving an electric car is a step in a good direction and it would set a good example.

Yeah, no thanks. I’ll take my gasoline & 8 cylinder engines any day.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    To be honest, I’d never even heard of the Scottish Sun before today, so I’d be quite surprised if this is true. The Sun here in London is known for being a load of crap so I won’t be surprised if the Scottish one is too.
    Why would you be surprised if this were true? Forget who published the article for a second and ask yourself: is the content plausible?(the answer is: of course it is!)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Indeed. Because everyone can afford a non-electric Aston Martin. It’s so easy to get our hands on them.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm not sure if some of you missed the earlier photos from the Norway set.
    There's a Tesla parked next to a Range Rover. Maybe that's the 'electric' car the article is referring too.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Love that electric Aston. Bring it on and DO try to return this one in one piece. Not JUST one piece.
    Electric sounds boring though. I don't understand, how can this be thrilling with no raw of the engine ?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    Gareth007 wrote: »

Very cool car, excited for this if true. Very hip. Even just from a business standpoint, Aston Martin would definitely be pushing the electric sports car; it could generate some competition with Tesla ("Tesla is cool, but I want the electric car James Bond drove").

Also, just from an espionage standpoint, having a silent car makes a million times more sense.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If we’re honest, Bond would scoff at the idea of an electric car. He’s never been “progressive”.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    This article is just repeating what The Sun reported. The Sun is a total rag, but the fact that Daily Mail is Baz’s employer does give this story a little credit in my mind (although, it must be stressed, this “scoop” isn’t from him).
    If we’re honest, Bond would scoff at the idea of an electric car. He’s never been “progressive”.

Very true.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,950
    It could make for another classic Bond-Q scene though. Q would present the electric Aston: "Please return it in pristine order"; Bond would scoff, but own it behind the wheel all the same, before trashing the car.
    Bond returns the portable charger in one piece.
    I'd like to see bond drive the db10 again. It deserves a proper car chase.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    This article is just repeating what The Sun reported. The Sun is a total rag, but the fact that Daily Mail is Baz’s employer does give this story a little credit in my mind (although, it must be stressed, this “scoop” isn’t from him).

Very true.

The locomotive is parked out front and must be ready to locomote at all times. Not stored in a garage to break ones nails on.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756

Why would he scoff at a completely usable gadget?

Electric cars would objectively be better for spy work than combustion engines. Imagine the benefit of having torque available instantly for Bond. Hinx would have lost him by the time he got in his car and would have no idea where he went in SP.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Why would he scoff at a completely usable gadget?

Electric cars would objectively be better for spy work than combustion engines. Imagine the benefit of having torque available instantly for Bond. Hinx would have lost him by the time he got in his car and would have no idea where he went in SP.

If he was about being inconspicuous he wouldn't drive an Aston Martin to begin with
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Just read an article stating the opening action sequence is massive and in matera so is that before or after the pts

You mean, is it in the gunbarrel?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Just read an article stating the opening action sequence is massive and in matera so is that before or after the pts

You mean, is it in the gunbarrel?

It's going to be the most expensive gunbarrel ever filmed.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,297
    Video from the Lutvann location.
    https://www.dagbladet.no/video/det-mystiske-hullet-i-isen-far-spekulasjonene-til-a-rase/Zg5wdycz
    Nothing much of interest other than a better view of the hole in the ice (looks like there's two actually – one completely open, and another with ice blocks laying around it). The reporter also mentions the water is very clear at Lutvann – which is an advantage if filming underwater scenes. Second unit underwater shots at Lutvann, perhaps?

At the very end of the clip, the female journalist says she has a source which can confirm the activity around Lutvann is for James Bond.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond 25 filming in Lutvann, and possibly the Eastern Markets in Oslo. One particularly interesting pic in this article.
    So this is where that girl is suppose to fall through the ice, we can assume:
    Bond4-2.jpg
    @Zekidk Thanks for being one of two members here to actually comment on the recent Bond 25 production news, rather than add to nearly two pages of joke title suggestions and fan art (wrong thread) and debate on whether the Moore-era is cheese (again, wrong thread)...
    Yes, those weird-looking ice blocks, appearing more like single bed mattresses painted white (which they probably are), we can assume are for the stunt with the girl. The article also mentions the possibility of the Langvann set being moved to the other lake, OR filming in both places.
    Nevermind the 'Eastern Markets' wording in the rough translation of the article, that should say 'Østmarka forest' instead. Thanks to @Number24, a fellow member on AJB for a better translation of the article.

I 2nd that! Thanks for the updates
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Ralph Feinnes being interviewed on Lorraine as we speak...