No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Guys, please stop posting professional looking Bond 25 title logos. I am close to having a heart attack every time I see one of them!

Haha
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond 25 filming in Lutvann, and possibly the Eastern Markets in Oslo. One particularly interesting pic in this article.
    So this is where that girl is suppose to fall through the ice, we can assume:
    Bond4-2.jpg
    @Zekidk Thanks for being one of two members here to actually comment on the recent Bond 25 production news, rather than add to nearly two pages of joke title suggestions and fan art (wrong thread) and debate on whether the Moore-era is cheese (again, wrong thread)...
    Yes, those weird-looking ice blocks, appearing more like single bed mattresses painted white (which they probably are), we can assume are for the stunt with the girl. The article also mentions the possibility of the Langvann set being moved to the other lake, OR filming in both places.
    Nevermind the 'Eastern Markets' wording in the rough translation of the article, that should say 'Østmarka forest' instead. Thanks to @Number24, a fellow member on AJB for a better translation of the article.

Exactly and there is nothing about Roman sports there, either. Romerriksporten is an underwater tunnel.
    Yep, the train tunnel. There's a better translation on AJB now.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Guys, please stop posting professional looking Bond 25 title logos. I am close to having a heart attack every time I see one of them!
    and why is that
    Because I get very excited.
    Even if it’s The Hildebrand Rarity is the title
    You got it wrong. The title is It's Not Shatterhand.

Can't wait for THAT theme song. I already can hear Dame Shirley belting this.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    You need to take a breath and calm down, you’re in shock.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Haha
    IlGfy4Q.png

New title leaked.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

So unprofessional looking Bond 25 title logos would be alright for you, I presume?

So unprofessional looking Bond 25 title logos would be alright for you, I presume?
    Yes, when someone posts an unprofessional looking Bond 25 title logo I don’t think for a split second that the title has been officially announced.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I can't wait to hear some news, even finding out the title would be great so we can speculate and get excited
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Haha
    IlGfy4Q.png

New title leaked.

didnt they sing a licence to kill as well ha ha lmao
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I can't wait to hear some news, even finding out the title would be great so we can speculate and get excited

im speculating and excited now haha
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,775
    121939142wo0s2V9.png

From A FRIEND
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, but why aren't we doing these posters in the title discussion page?
    we are doing it in both places because we are bored

BABS GIVE US SOMETHING.... (babs hands me a beer)

Ok I'm good
    and why is that

I literally LOL'd at this. Thanks for the laugh.
    we are doing it in both places because we are bored

BABS GIVE US SOMETHING.... (babs hands me a beer)

Ok I'm good
    I am convinced Barbara Broccoli reads this thread every single day and is laughing at us.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Check the bond 25 title page, theres something special on it. the title. :)
    JamesStock wrote: »
    and why is that
    I literally LOL'd at this. Thanks for the laugh.
    We aim to please. ;)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    FourDot wrote: »
    There's a double taking pigeon, an inflatable Yaphett Kotto and a California Girls needle-drop in that era. It's pure cheese.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying that stuff but to claim that era isn't largely defined by pastiche is to not understand what it is.
    Hence I put in the brackets "save for a very few." But, then again, what could be counted on one hand leads the generic Moore detractor anywhere to call it "cheese". Yaphett Kotto inflating to death was no more "cheesy" than Goldfinger getting sucked out of the plane window.

Agreed. The "best Bond film ever" is the exact opposite of what it'd seem people would want for Bond 25 and the future of Bond:

-No emotional plot, a standalone mission for 007.
    -Bond not romantically involved with any of the three girls.
    -Bond ends up making out with the leading girl (aka "a happy ending").
    -The villain has nothing personal with 007, he wants to kill him just because he's messing with his plan.
    -It has quite a lot of gadgets, namely in the Aston Martin DB5.
    -There's a lot of humour, with Bond making the fool of himself (Bond vs. Oddjob fight, he wins at the nick of time and when he finds an opportunity to kill him).
    -Main title theme and score are extremely jazzy and bombastic.
    -None of the situations Bond experiences makes him flinch or getting down (well, maybe after Till and Jilly's death, but just a little bit), he's the same cocky ace secret agent as ever.

DN, FRWL or Thunderball are darker, more thrilling and violent adventures than the Moore era overall, but Goldfinger is not that far of the Moore humour. In the end, it follows the Guy Hamilton formula of "give Bond a bunch of girls who are hot, place exotic locations here and there, etc".
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,630
    There's a double taking pigeon, an inflatable Yaphett Kotto and a California Girls needle-drop in that era. It's pure cheese.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying that stuff but to claim that era isn't largely defined by pastiche is to not understand what it is.
    Hence I put in the brackets "save for a very few." But, then again, what could be counted on one hand leads the generic Moore detractor anywhere to call it "cheese". Yaphett Kotto inflating to death was no more "cheesy" than Goldfinger getting sucked out of the plane window.

Agreed. The "best Bond film ever" is the exact opposite of what it'd seem people would want for Bond 25 and the future of Bond:

-The villain has nothing personal with 007, he wants to kill him just because he's messing with his plan.
    -There's a lot of humour, with Bond making the fool of himself (Bond vs. Oddjob fight, he wins at the nick of time and when he finds an opportunity to kill him).
    -None of the situations Bond experiences makes him flinch or getting down (well, maybe after Till and Jilly's death, but just a little bit), he's the same cocky ace secret agent as ever.

DN, FRWL or Thunderball are darker, more thrilling and violent adventures than the Moore era overall, but Goldfinger is not that far of the Moore humour. In the end, it follows the Guy Hamilton formula of "give Bond a bunch of girls who are hot, place exotic locations here and there, etc".

To add to this, I'd want Bond to not be a rouge agent this time, reassuring the audience that Bond is a professional spy and won't go off on his own. Bond's interactions with M, Moneypenny, and Q should be limited to receiving his mission task, flirting with Moneypenny, and getting relevant gadgets. Doesn't need to have more than that out of the Scooby gang.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

To add to this, I'd want Bond to not be a rouge agent this time, reassuring the audience that Bond is a professional spy and won't go off on his own. Bond's interactions with M, Moneypenny, and Q should be limited to receiving his mission task, flirting with Moneypenny, and getting relevant gadgets. Doesn't need to have more than that out of the Scooby gang.

+1
    THIS!

+1
    THIS!
    +2
    Better make that three!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I don’t understand. Who found a leaked script?
    Personally I hope Bond 25 will be called The Property of a Lady... We'll see...

Personally, I hope it will be titled
    James Bond of the Secret Service
    or
    Warhead 2020

especially now that Eon owns the titles

just to make a few people here go completely mad.

those are terrible titles. Sorry, just saying

+1
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I don’t understand. Who found a leaked script?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    I concur @NicNac. Plus France like many other overseas countries doesn’t always use the English title or translation to sell the movie to begin with. For instance The Living Daylights was called Tuer n’est pas jouer which translates as Death Is Not A Game.

I love the title the Italian gave to DAD: Death can wait.

That's much better !

Agreed.
    matt_u wrote: »
    I concur @NicNac. Plus France like many other overseas countries doesn’t always use the English title or translation to sell the movie to begin with. For instance The Living Daylights was called Tuer n’est pas jouer which translates as Death Is Not A Game.

Yes exactly. I like it also because it reminds me of Ernst Lubitsch masterpiece Heaven Can Wait.

Italy had quite some titles translated differently:

DN - Licence to Kill
    DAF - A Waterfall of Diamonds
    AVTAK - Moving Target*
    TLD - Danger Zone
    LTK - Private Revenge
    DAD - Death Can Wait

*That’s why in SF when Bond says to Moneypenny that a moving target is more difficult to hit felt like an homage to AVTAK, which came just a few minutes before the For her eyes only bit.

Back in 2012 when I first watched Skyfall I thought Moving Target was a reference to AVTAK's Italian title, but then it occured me it had to be a coincidence because the English title could not fit in the original dialogue. :D

I'll be honest, I like Private Revenge much more than LTK, it makes more sense in the context of the movie. Licence Revoked also would have been a cool title. Yet I like LTK more than Dr. No :P

In Germany THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS became DER HAUCH DES TODES, what either translates as THE BREATH OF DEATH (featuring a villain who eats a lot of garlic and onions to knock Bond unconscious) or THE ODOUR OF DEATH. But BREATH would be more accurate. Or more likely THE BREEZE OF DEATH.

That's really cool indeed!
    Haha
    IlGfy4Q.png

New title leaked.

:))
    Just read an article stating the opening action sequence is massive and in matera so is that before or after the pts
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Just read an article stating the opening action sequence is massive and in matera so is that before or after the pts
    The PTS will be 120 minutes long, after that will come a 5 minute long main title sequence and a 5 minute epilogue.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Which article @Tuck91?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

With 500 members of the crew heading to Matera, is definitely goin to be massive.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Why would it be a joke? Bond driving the electric Aston Martin that looks nearly identical to the modern Astons that appeared in the recent films is a very plausible scenario.