No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Are you thinking what I’m thinking....
    logan-laura-trailer-final.jpg

I actually love this idea. This franchise has done everything. It make sense to do something inventive and new. Something in this direction promises to reveal more about the Bond character. It’ll show new facets to him previously unexplored.

Purists will naturally rebel against it. But I’m very interested.

Interesting, but this is not where they’re going.

talos7 wrote: »

I actually love this idea. This franchise has done everything. It make sense to do something inventive and new. Something in this direction promises to reveal more about the Bond character. It’ll show new facets to him previously unexplored.

Thank God for that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,841

I don't think thats happening. Interesting concept, but Logan was based off of source material. James Bond has never or will ever deal with children.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    But this Bond 25 rumour might be the first time we get a full on dramatic flashback.
    Why is everyone assuming it’s a flashback? It’s far more likely that a child will be part of the present day story.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags
    And I can't give this any merit, seeing as this is just because you want Eon to be wrong, and Boyle to be right.

Also I must add my opinion...
    This sounds crap. It's very rare that flashbacks work for me, unless they are told right at the beginning, but are we really going to give the pre-title sequence to a child? I'm just hoping there's been some translation confusion and by "child" they mean "girl" and it's just an action scene with Madeleine Swann or another Bond girl.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Thank you. We do appreciate the use of spoiler tags.

We will consider changing the title of the thread to warn people away if they don't want to see spoilers, just so that we don't have to tag every comment we make.

But, despite being 2185 pages into this thread Production still hasn't properly started.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    barryt007 wrote: »

Thank God for that.

+1
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,673
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

Classic intro, Bond turns and shoots, white dots fades to a cottage in an icy lake at night.

____

The ambience is ominous yet tranquil, a paradox soon expressed by the image of a sleeping child awaken by noise. She descends from her bedroom and alts by the living door frame, where two men have her father (only seen from the back), interrogating him brutally in a chair.

The little girl runs quietly and fetches a gun hidden under a sink. Returns to the doorway and, trembling, skeezes the trigger until the weapon discharges death unto one of the men. The other seeks instant cover, and then runs for the girl.

She exits the house through the front door and makes a run for the frozen lake. The man follows.
    The lake supports the child weight, but not the man. He plunges into icy waters with crackling and thunderous sound.

____

Madelein Swann awakens (not unlike her first awakening depicted in the beginning).
    James Bond has a hand over her mouth. There are intruders in the house. A 38 with no hammer is on his right hand. He arises from their bed and proceeds to exit the room. A fight ensues in the other room. From Madeleine's point of view, we see Bond struggling with two men. A brutal fight (horns and a lot of brass is heard on a distinctive Bond fashion). Bond subdues one of the attackers. Madeleine grabs the gun that eventually had fallen from Bond's grasp, and shoots the other attacker, much like she did as a child, trembling in panic.

They both fall to the ground, opposite each other. The look on their faces is clear. Living like this isn't a possibility. They just keep coming back. She has had enough. As a train psychologist, she's aware that a constant revival of traumatic events is slowly killing her, breaking her spirit. Bond is also aware of this.

A third men bangs a door open and enters the room. Madeleine trows the 38 to Bond and he catches the gun mid air and shoots as the music starts, not unlike the CR opening. Making it a full circle.

____

After the opening credits:

Same house, all torn apart by the struggle, three dead bodies. Morning. A beautiful contrasting morning (a clear contrast to the icy landscape). We're in Jamaica, in a beautiful and far away house overlooking a gorgeous bay with clear blue waters. James Bond sits on the porch, the 38 still on his hand. His eyes sitting on the horizon.

BTW, sorry for the organics. I write novels, not scripts.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Good thing is we are getting some news . Just waiting for the press conference for now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Univex wrote: »
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

Classic intro, Bond turns and shoots, white dots fades to a cottage in an icy lake at night.

____

The ambience is ominous yet tranquil, a paradox soon expressed by the image of a sleeping child awaken by noise. She descends from her bedroom and alts by the living door frame, where two men have her father (only seen from the back), interrogating him brutally in a chair.

The little girl runs quietly and fetches a gun hidden under a sink. Returns to the doorway and, trembling, skeezes the trigger until the weapon discharges death unto one of the men. The other seeks instant cover, and then runs for the girl.

She exits the house through the front door and makes a run for the frozen lake. The man follows.
    The lake supports the child weight, but not the man. He plunges into icy waters with crackling and thunderous sound.

____

Madelein Swann awakens (not unlike her first awakening depicted in the beginning).
    James Bond has a hand over her mouth. There are intruders in the house. A 38 with no hammer is on his right hand. He arises from their bed and proceeds to exit the room. A fight ensues in the other room. From Madeleine's point of view, we see Bond struggling with two men. A brutal fight (horns and a lot of brass is heard on a distinctive Bond fashion). Bond subdues one of the attackers. Madeleine grabs the gun that eventually had fallen from Bond's grasp, and shoots the other attacker, much like she did as a child, trembling in panic.

They both fall to the ground, opposite each other. The look on their faces is clear. Living like this isn't a possibility. They just keep coming back. She has had enough. As a train psychologist, she's aware that a constant revival of traumatic events is slowly killing her, breaking her spirit. Bond is also aware of this.

A third men bangs a door open and enters the room. Madeleine trows the 38 to Bond and he catches the gun mid air and shoots as the music starts, not unlike the CR opening. Making it a full circle.

____

Same house, all torn apart by the struggle, three dead bodies. Morning. A beautiful contrasting morning (a clear contrast to the icy landscape). We're in Jamaica, in a beautiful and far away house overlooking a gorgeous bay with clear blue waters. James Bond sits on the porch, the 38 still on his hand. His eyes sitting on the horizon.

I quite like the sound of this.
    Given the right material, and direction, Waltz is more than capable of being extremely menacing.
    As far as Malek, he has a creepy factor that could play well; this, combined with effective henchmen, offers intriguing possibilities.

Waltz can easily be menacing, and to his advantage he has a history of playing menacing characters. I think he was a menacing Blofeld, but not always as much as he could have been. Malik I don't see it so far.
    damn, I guess now I see why I thought that cabin they're building looked so similar to the Austria one in SP
  • NicNac wrote: »
    Thank you. We do appreciate the use of spoiler tags.

We will consider changing the title of the thread to warn people away if they don't want to see spoilers, just so that we don't have to tag every comment we make.

But, despite being 2185 pages into this thread Production still hasn't properly started.

+1

Cba to use spoiler tags all the time.

Here’s the deal, reading that article it seems that this is for Bond 25 as paperwork for the production is allegedly using the 007 logo.

Bond doesn’t do flashbacks and if they did, I doubt they’d get filming permits and build a house in Norway just for a flashback that doesn’t feature Bond. This is clearly a set-piece and it involves Bond and a child…..

The article says this is a female child. So is this Bond’s daughter? Or perhaps they are resurrecting the idea of Vesper having a child? That kid would be about 12 or 13 now. Maybe this would mean that Eva Green could appear in dream sequences or that scrapped videotape idea from QOS returns. It would fit with Cary Fukunaga’s comments that Bond 25 continues the story from CR…..

Plus Eva has only gotten better with age.

eva_green-18.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

____

____

____

Loved it.
    jake24 wrote: »
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

____

____

____

I quite like the sound of this.

I hope to God this doesn't happen,but good effort there.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    eva_green-18.jpg
    Can’t say I’m a fan of flashbacks but if it’s minimal... I like @Univex intro a lot. Still, if there was any flashback that involved Eva Green I could never complain...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

____

____

____

I like it. Exciting, completing a circle, foreboding and moody (the possible/likely ending of a relationship), sending Bond on his way...

Nice @Univex !
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,841
    And second, giving Vesper a child would be even more convoluted than it just being a Swann flashback, as much as I’m opposed to the idea. I still think it’s possible that this could have been lost in translation? I still think ‘child’ could have been taken from the word ‘girl’ which means it could just be a Bond girl (Swann or otherwise). A bit of a reach but I’d sooner expect that than Vesper’s unmentioned child.
  • peter wrote: »
    How I'd do it:
    Opens with gunbarrel.

____

____

____

I like it. Exciting, completing a circle, foreboding and moody (the possible/likely ending of a relationship), sending Bond on his way...

Nice @Univex !

Agreed. I was nervous to hear of this spoilerly news at first, but this settles my doubts. Best way to go about it really. Well done!
  • I might be the minority but I like to see a non personal standalone mission story for Bond 25.
    If Bond had potentially died in an OHMSS redux, then giving his life to protect Vesper's child would have been a noble way out. Obviously, it does make for problems come the recasting from a continuation perspective. I hated the whole 'Blofeld Brothers' angle (sounds like a crap painter and decorator business), made me wince in the cinema - I mean what next, Michael Caine popping up as their father? I have zero problems with doing some sort of childhood exploration story element, the climbing accident in full. But you need to invest time into such scenes otherwise it's a gimmick. Which is why I always thought Nolan could do a series of films with a rich narrative arch. I'm still filled with hope for B25, but it will be interesting to see where we go next?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I might be the minority but I like to see a non personal standalone mission story for Bond 25.

I might be in the minority but James Bond is an interesting character.
    I might be the minority but I like to see a non personal standalone mission story for Bond 25.

Totally agree,but its looking more and more unlikely unfortunately.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I dont think you are in the minority at all. I just think it may be setting yourself up to be disappointed. They have made it clear that Craig's films are one narrative and so this will likely have elements of the previous four films.
  • Yeah I doubt Bond 25 will be a standalone film.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    On paper spectre was the best bond film. The problem was it didn't translate to the final film. The problem wasn't the plot the action was just too boring and orchestrated

Nope, the problem is that they cut out all the good ideas from the script.

Then again making Blofeld a woman or an African warlord were terrible ideas which I'm glad they left out. Not that I like the stepbrother angle mind you.

Agreed about Blofeld being a woman, but Blofeld being an african warlord didn't sound bad at all to me.

That's even further away from Fleming than what SP gave us. And Blofeld does not exactly sound African. You might as well make Blofeld a codename at this point.

I know, but in my opinion it'd be an interesting take on the character and it would move the story somewhere, while the brother angle didn't.

Still, I'm afraid you entirely missed my point. I said SPECTRE didn't work because good ideas were cut out from the script, I didn't say that everything that had been cut out was good.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Yeah I doubt Bond 25 will be a standalone film.
    With Swann returning, a sequel of sorts is pretty much a certainty.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Risico007 wrote: »
    how quickly we forget the pre title sequence of Goldeneye was a Pre title sequence nine years before the rest of the film.... one wonders considering so many claim its their favorite film how they forget this

That was not really a flashback, it's just that the movie happened to have a 9 year time jump after the PTS. Granted, you may say it's a flashback because it's set before Dalton's movies, but then again I could argue that GE was a soft-reboot and actually ignored the events of earlier movies.

A flashback is an interjected scene that takes the narrative back in time from the current point in the story.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    But this Bond 25 rumour might be the first time we get a full on dramatic flashback.
    Why is everyone assuming it’s a flashback? It’s far more likely that a child will be part of the present day story.

Exactly, thank you!
    On paper spectre was the best bond film. The problem was it didn't translate to the final film. The problem wasn't the plot the action was just too boring and orchestrated

Then again making Blofeld a woman or an African warlord were terrible ideas which I'm glad they left out. Not that I like the stepbrother angle mind you.

Agreed about Blofeld being a woman, but Blofeld being an african warlord didn't sound bad at all to me.

That's even further away from Fleming than what SP gave us. And Blofeld does not exactly sound African. You might as well make Blofeld a codename at this point.

I know, but in my opinion it'd be an interesting take on the character and it would move the story somewhere, while the brother angle didn't.

Still, I'm afraid you entirely missed my point. I said SPECTRE didn't work because good ideas were cut out from the script, I didn't say that everything that had been cut out was good.

In my opinion it's sending the character of Blofeld where he didn't need to be in the first place.

I understand not all cut ideas were good ones. But there were lots of ideas taken away which I'm glad they got rid of.

In my opinion it's sending the character of Blofeld where he didn't need to be in the first place.

I understand not all cut ideas were good ones. But there were lots of ideas taken away which I'm glad they got rid of.

They just weren't replaced by anything better as they were rushing things.

• I think the idea of an African Warlord Blofeld is better than than the one we got in SPECTRE
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 4,619
    It’s obvious that the main reason everyone here is in love with the PTS written by @Univex is that
    people here are terrified of a “Bond has a child” scenario. I am really hoping that this child is either Bond’s daughter or the very least his companion in the movie. You will refuse to believe it until the very end but everything points towards one direction: that Bond 25 will be a radically different Bond film. Buckle up, folks!