No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @FrankXavier
    It seems to be a common misconception but I’m fairly certain that Fukunaga said AVTAK was his FIRST bond film, not favorite

It could be troubling if it was his favorite
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,279
    @FrankXavier
    It seems to be a common misconception but I’m fairly certain that Fukunaga said AVTAK was his FIRST bond film, not favorite

Why? It's an entertaining film, and that's all I want for B25 to be.
    @FrankXavier

+1. If B25 is like AVTAK I will have a blast with it.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    @FrankXavier

Not my favorite bond film but it certainly has it's fair share of excitement.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @FrankXavier

And thankfully Craig doesn’t look nearly as old now as Moore did during AVTAK. I love Sir Roger but he aged 10 years between Octopussy and AVTAK.
    @FrankXavier

And thankfully Craig doesn’t look nearly as old now as Moore did during AVTAK. I love Sir Roger but he aged 10 years between Octopussy and AVTAK.
    No way. He Looks much slimmer and physically capable in AVTAK.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @FrankXavier

No way. His stunt doubles Look much slimmer and physically capable in AVTAK.

FTFY ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Fingers crossed we get a title song half as good as AVTAK.
    Get Gaga and Ronson on the case
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    QBranch wrote: »
    Fingers crossed we get a title song half as good as AVTAK.

And a score too!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I am more concerned about score than song.
    I am more concerned about score than song.
    Agreed.
    Score is definitely more important
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Agreed. SF has an amazing theme song but the score is pretty lackluster for the most part.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,570
    @PanchitoPistoles Sorry, the last time I ran a story - not only was I correct - but MI6 stole it without reaching out and it ended up being referenced in The Sun newspaper. Once bitten, twice shy.
    I am imploring MI6-HQ to issue an official apology adressed to @Pierce2Daniel.

@JamesPage @Benny Please, for the greater good!

What? I don't think that, right now, you are in any position to issue any demands of MI6 - HQ!
    Do you?

And, we will look into the accusation levelled at us.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    tqb wrote: »
    I am still young so I do not feel I have an authority on the matter however, on a pre production level, which other bond films were as crazy as B25’s preproduction.

Spectre had a horrible preproduction- Sony meddling with the script, Sony leaks, etc.
    It's quite interesting to read the leaked Sony emails throughout the preproduction process and see how the script changed

Was the script better or worse by the end?
    The final outcome was worse, imo. There were three slightly different scripts, and each had solid ideas, scenes and a lot of reasonings behind them, which the film itself lacked.
    I was so disappointed when I watched the film and saw that they had cut the dinner/poker scene. I think I was excited to see that more than anything else :(
    Also, here's a piece of concept art of this very scene! They were gonna do it!

KqGGFs1.jpg
    Am I right or wrong that Fukunaga named AVTAK as his favorite Bond film?

It can't be coincidence that Lupita Nyong'o is being wooed for this one, then? He wants his own May Day.
    I would love to see this happen. I've been waiting too long for a proper henchwoman :)

That's a brilliant picture,great find @Denbigh .

That would have seriously elevated the film by a loooooong way !!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia

Just noticed Rami Malek clapping while Bond theme is playing :D
    What's the betting on Malik playing Blofeld's son out for revenge?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,441

KqGGFs1.jpg

With introduction way of Oberhauser and choosen cinematopgraphy/production design,
    i think it is to soon this. Way more intresting if he returns
    and name the movie The Hildebrand Rarity.
    What i am actualy saying:
    If Hildebrand is Blofeld.
  • Denbigh wrote: »

KqGGFs1.jpg
    [/quote]

It pains me to this day that we didn't get a more inventive scene than that dismal torture sequence in SP. I was into that film and willing to forgive its shortcoming until that scene. Though, the Solar Furnace scene would have been worse.

I would have loved to see Craig play cards again (a nice callback to CR). However, it was not meant to be. They sadly failed to realise that Waltz is NOT menacing and the torture scene just exasperated that fact. He fares so much better in dialogue scenes and could have stolen the film if the above scene was allowed to play out.

Alas, Mendes et al balked and fell back on a Bondian cliche to get themselves out of a narrative conundrum. I really don't want Waltz back for the next film.

Please give me Rami Malek!

csm_Rami_Malek_-_Primary_shot_master__no_baseline_8625c06be1.jpg
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 30
    They can't call a press conference for February 28, on such short notice. They would only get the London journalists.

Just checked back, for Bond 24 the tweet went up on @007 at 10.18am on the morning of 2 Dec (so two days before)

And the media invite was emailed to journalists later that day.

Although I seem to remember we may have known a day or so before all that that something was on the way?

(I have no inside information about whether anything similar will be happening for Bond 25 and if it is when that might happen)

Lizo.
    SPOILER AHEAD

Something spoilery on Twitter was just posted on AJB forum. Read at your own risk!

Credit to @Someone from AJB

Twitter news, also mentions shooting dates in late March:

An interesting idea, that I think may have been
    referred to in Spectre, on the train?
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    What? They're doing flashbacks now? Well, could be a dream Maddie awakes from in Jamaica or Cuba or whatever. Something she can't get away from. That gun under the sink story she tells Bond in the train.

Two killers in hiding, Bond and Swann, trying to put the past behind and failing. Something like that.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    QBranch wrote: »
    SPOILER AHEAD

Something spoilery on Twitter was just posted on AJB forum. Read at your own risk!

Credit to @Someone from AJB

Twitter news, also mentions shooting dates in late March:

An interesting idea, that I think may have been
    referred to in Spectre, on the train?
    Hmm interesting. Perhaps it's when Blofeld visits Mr. White in the past and the child is Madeline?
    Ah
    so a flashback sequence. Interesting they want to delve further into the SP backstory
    Yes, that's what I think it is. Doubt it could be anything else.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    On paper spectre was the best bond film. The problem was it didn't translate to the final film. The problem wasn't the plot the action was just too boring and orchestrated

Nope, the problem is that they cut out all the good ideas from the script.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 15,803
    Ah
    so a flashback sequence. Interesting they want to delve further into the SP backstory

I don't like that idea at all. I'm feeling they're scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Maybe they should scratch this film, set a new release date for 2022, hire new writers and scour the Fleming novels for better ideas?
    Walecs wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    On paper spectre was the best bond film. The problem was it didn't translate to the final film. The problem wasn't the plot the action was just too boring and orchestrated

Nope, the problem is that they cut out all the good ideas from the script.

Then again making Blofeld a woman or an African warlord were terrible ideas which I'm glad they left out. Not that I like the stepbrother angle mind you.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Ah
    It would fit with Fukunagas past writing technic of exploring childhood trauma. He is not afraid to show quite traumatic experiences for children on screen. It's been long rumored this was part of the reason he left it. So having Madelienes experience killing Spectre agents would strengthen her character and make the audience more invested in her.